Breakfast options at Food Court

Whether or not The Galley becomes a zoo depends on the cruise (length, how fully booked, land vs. sea day).  How early is early?  They open at 7, but I've never been there that early.  I've also found 10-11 to be not crowded.  Again, that might be because people opted for RD and The Wake for brunch at that time, it was "too late" for most, or whatever.  

• Like 1

I've actually been in there as early as 6:45 am when I was planning on doing the yoga and morning meditation. I liked doing breakfast there and then doing the Wake or RD for brunch later on. I have never had an issue with them being busy and with all the tables on the deck outside with staff to cover them it's been easy.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 10:26 AM, Travel-and-See said:

I do wish they had “real” hash browns or breakfast potatoes- those little tater tot like things don’t count for me! 

They had real hash browns on Resilient Lady this week but they were the smaller ones (not tater tots though). They were very nice.

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They had real hash browns on Resilient Lady this week but they were the smaller ones (not tater tots though). They were very nice.

When you say “smaller ones” were they still the hash brown patty like you’d get at fast food? 

I mean like real hash browns or breakfast potatoes.  The kind a diner would serve.  

16 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

When you say “smaller ones” were they still the hash brown patty like you’d get at fast food? 

I mean like real hash browns or breakfast potatoes.  The kind a diner would serve.  

Yes The ones I had were real hash browns.

18 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

If you mean the grated potato sort like Ihop do, I’ve only seen that at Ihop and Denny’s. But as a Brit I prefer the McDonalds style hash browns anyway and the ones onboard are fine.

18 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

I guess so. I live in Australia so aren't sure what your diner hash browns are like. They were a small patty, nice and crispy.

Maybe it’s just an American thing.  “Hash browns” for me are American diner style hash browns like you are served at Dennys, Waffle House, etc.  the grated potatoes.  Or breakfast potatoes that are cubed - like they serve at razzle dazzle.  

13 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

Maybe it’s just an American thing.  “Hash browns” for me are American diner style hash browns like you are served at Dennys, Waffle House, etc.  the grated potatoes.  Or breakfast potatoes that are cubed - like they serve at razzle dazzle.  

No, it's not just an American thing but trying to match a description to an American restaurant/diner isn't easy if you're not American. 😄

Most cruise lines have hash browns, and I've had the same type cruising down under, in Asia, and in the Mediterranean. I'm fairly sure they are the American-style ones you are talking about. However they seem to come in two sizes - smaller round patties and larger sort of triangle shaped ones. Both are yummy but you get more crunch on the smaller ones.

One cruise I went on only offered breakfast potatoes which, IMHO, aren't as nice as hash browns.