Yacht Club: Butler, Assistant Butler, and...?

lilalila

I'll be on the 02/18/24 Seashore sailing in Yacht Club.  I know I'm getting a butler and an assistant butler, but I'm not sure whether there is also a cabin steward (?). 

On 2/2/2024 at 11:52 AM, lilalila said:

I'll be on the 02/18/24 Seashore sailing in Yacht Club.  I know I'm getting a butler and an assistant butler, but I'm not sure whether there is also a cabin steward (?). 

Titles are important to the staff assigned to YC.  Technically, your assistant butler prefers to be referred to as Junior Butler.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Titles are important to the staff assigned to YC.  Technically, your assistant butler prefers to be referred to as Junior Butler.

I rather liked the way our Junior Butler jumped the gun when they arrived at our door for the first time and before our butler could say anything he jumped in with "... I'd like to introduce you to my Butler..." only to be firmly and politely corrected with "... no, I am their Butler, and I am your colleague... " 🙂

I have to say they made a great team and the Junior's enthusiasm during the entire cruise was delightful.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, deliver42 said:

You don't get 3. You get a butler and cabin steward.

That's for sure...you get like 10 butlers.  Every where you move, their assistance is immediately available if desired, whether they are your personal butler or not.

Edited by bucfan2

3 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

That's for sure...you get like 10 butlers.  Every where you move, their assistance is immediately available if desired, whether they are your personal butler or not.

During daylight hours. After 2am it's almost useless.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, NYHartChapp said:

Kinda wondering what one needs a butler for at 2 am…asking for a friend.  

We are up till about 4am and will sleep late morning. We are either on our balcony,in top sail or out on the pool deck.

So we need things like ice,some times snacks, including those in the mini bar or even mixers. How about towels on the pool deck. Sometimes there are none so we want them as a blanket.

An occasional pizza is not out of the question.

Half of the above would be rectified if they just constantly restock the fridge.

I guess we are just getting too old because the concept of drinking until 2 am, much less 4 am, has not entered into any of our cruise activities.  We also tend not to eat late at night but I can see an exception may be in our upcoming cruise.  A nice slice or two of pizza at 9 or 10 pm with an adult beverage does have a certain appeal to it.  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I guess we are just getting too old because the concept of drinking until 2 am, much less 4 am, has not entered into any of our cruise activities.  We also tend not to eat late at night but I can see an exception may be in our upcoming cruise.  A nice slice or two of pizza at 9 or 10 pm with an adult beverage does have a certain appeal to it.  

You probably already know you can order pizza to your room in YC. I'm not sure they will do it on all ships, but when we were on Divina last year, they even made a pizza 1/2 and 1/2 because DH and I wanted different things, but couldn't eat a whole pizza each.  We'll be on Euribia in March, so will need to test it out there!

6 minutes ago, mnpurple said:

You probably already know you can order pizza to your room in YC. I'm not sure they will do it on all ships, but when we were on Divina last year, they even made a pizza 1/2 and 1/2 because DH and I wanted different things, but couldn't eat a whole pizza each.  

You must have read my mind or saw an earlier post I made about 1/2 - 1/2 pizza.  I love pepperoni and my DW cannot/will not eat it. So we had plans to order 1/2 pepperoni / sausage / jalepeno's, etc., and 1/2 margarita. 

From what I hear, in the YC they will do everything they can to accommodate special request.  

• Like 1

We noticed that the pizzas were a bit smaller on Divina last November than they used to be so consider ordering 2 instead of one with two sets of toppings on the two halves. Of course, this might not be your experience since we're all used to MSC's variability (how's that for being kind? LOL).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Sausage not really a thing on pizzas for MSC.  We've ordered before and got breakfast sausage.

Depends where in the world you are.

We found pizza in the Caribbean is different than in the Middle East or in Northern Europe. Also the ones you can order are also not the same from your room service menu .

As someone stated... variability 😁

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice everyone.  We'll certainly play it by ear and just go with the flow. 
 I have been just fine with a regular peperoni pizza on other cruise lines so I am sure I'll be able to make do on MSC.  Besides, I did not think it was too much to expect Italian sausage on an Italian cruise line but we'll see how it works out. 

55 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have been just fine with a regular peperoni pizza on other cruise lines so I am sure I'll be able to make do on MSC.  Besides, I did not think it was too much to expect Italian sausage on an Italian cruise line but we'll see how it works out. 

I am waiting with interest to see if the room service pizza selection has been changed for the US based departures.

Typically Italians do not put pepperoni on pizza but they do normally have these two options...

TOSCANA - Tomato, mozzarella, sausage and pecorino cheese shavings added after the cooking
CALABRESE - Tomato, mozzarella, spicy salami, sweet peppers

Just to add to the confusion, peperoni (only one 'p') translates as 'bell peppers' in Italian 🙂

4 hours ago, Mark_T said:

TOSCANA - Tomato, mozzarella, sausage and pecorino cheese shavings added after the cooking

🙂

That is exactly what we had on Splendida in the Middle East and The Orchestra in Northern Europe.

When on Seashore last month it was not there.

I am on Seascape in less than three weeks and will see if they have them.

5 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Both of those options sound acceptable.  

19 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I am on Seascape in less than three weeks and will see if they have them.

Sailing on Divina Sunday so will know what's offered onboard her soon. 

2 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Our favorite pizza is arugula and prosciutto. Keep in mind that you have to order tomatoes to get sauce on the pizza -- and don't forget to choose a cheese too.

Thanks.  I would not have not known about the tomato sauce / red sauce if you had not said something.  

• Like 1