Chef Table email invite

Jagggg

We received an email today inviting us to the Chef Table on our upcoming cruise. When I hit 'purchase now' on the email, it takes me to the Celebrity dining package page. No where is listed the Chef Table to purchase. Is it located somewhere else? Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

On our upcoming cruise it is listed at $169.99 (although currently priced at 157.99 - 6% off)

+20% gratuity that appears when you check out for payment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

On our upcoming cruise it is listed at $169.99 (although currently priced at 157.99 - 6% off)

And that does not count the wine pairing.  Add in another $65 + grats...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, curlerguy said:

So $170 plus $65 for wine plus $20% gratuity. That’s over $560 for a couple. It better be one heck of a meal.

We have done two chefs tables…

I have recounted this before but I will relate again, your experience will depend more on your fellow table mates than the food quality.

Our first experience was very pleasant. Nice food, excellent service and good company.

Our second less so…Unfortunately Mr Know it All and his wife Mrs Drink it All definitely spoilt the experience the second time. Since then we have seen the funnier side of the experience but at the time we felt we had spent a lot of money and then couldn’t wait for the meal to end. Mr Know it All dominated every conversation interrupting every conversation started by other fellow guests being an expert on everything whilst his wife constantly requested extra wine…She also tottered on her very high heels whilst the wine was clearly having an effect between courses to the rest room resulting in our waiters delaying presentation of the next courses….She left a few times and each visit took longer…by the end we were surprised she found her way back…To be honest I was more surprised she wanted to make her way back as her husband had almost killed the art of conversation….As I say, in hindsight we have laughed about the experience but we haven’t repeated it. Perhaps we might if cruising with family or friends…

• Haha 2

On 2/2/2024 at 4:06 PM, Jagggg said:

We received an email today inviting us to the Chef Table on our upcoming cruise. When I hit 'purchase now' on the email, it takes me to the Celebrity dining package page. No where is listed the Chef Table to purchase. Is it located somewhere else? Thank you.

What type of cabin are you in?    I have never got an email inviting me to the Chefs Table.  🙄

On the serious side we did the Chefs table.  As a previous poster mentioned the  table mates make the difference.   We had a bunch of arrogant very rude table mates.   Not a pleasant experience as they knew more than the chef,  criticized every course, and the way it was being served,   told the officer joining  us that they weren’t interested in what he was talking about and etc.  

i wouldn’t risk paying that much again for the same to happen. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

We have done two chefs tables…

I have recounted this before but I will relate again, your experience will depend more on your fellow table mates than the food quality.

Our first experience was very pleasant. Nice food, excellent service and good company.

Our second less so…Unfortunately Mr Know it All and his wife Mrs Drink it All definitely spoilt the experience the second time. Since then we have seen the funnier side of the experience but at the time we felt we had spent a lot of money and then couldn’t wait for the meal to end. Mr Know it All dominated every conversation interrupting every conversation started by other fellow guests being an expert on everything whilst his wife constantly requested extra wine…She also tottered on her very high heels whilst the wine was clearly having an effect between courses to the rest room resulting in our waiters delaying presentation of the next courses….She left a few times and each visit took longer…by the end we were surprised she found her way back…To be honest I was more surprised she wanted to make her way back as her husband had almost killed the art of conversation….As I say, in hindsight we have laughed about the experience but we haven’t repeated it. Perhaps we might if cruising with family or friends…

That is terrible.  How many to a table?  Mr. or Ms Know It All are one of the worst kind of table mates.  

7 hours ago, rinshin said:

That is terrible.  How many to a table?  Mr. or Ms Know It All are one of the worst kind of table mates.  

I think we were a table of twelve on both occasions. As I said, our first chef’s table was very pleasant. The people were all very nice and the conversation was flowing and inclusive. I have thought about doing it again. One bad experience shouldn’t put you off for ever. However, the prices are steep….

We've been at 3 or 4 chef's tables on Celebrity and enjoyed every one. We have one booked for next month. We've had good table companions and bad but that hasn't affected our enjoyment. We're pretty good at ignoring objectional people and even being amused by them. Our last chef's table, we spent most of the dinner trying to figure out the weird family dynamic of the other guests. Only the parents spoke, not the adult children. 

One chef's table, the other guest were a bunch of young tech workers trying out something they hadn't done before. They were very friendly and we swapped tech stories.  All were great guys. 

20 hours ago, chemmo said:

Unfortunately Mr Know it All and his wife Mrs Drink it All definitely spoilt the experience the second time. Since then we have seen the funnier side of the experience but at the time we felt we had spent a lot of money and then couldn’t wait for the meal to end...She left a few times and each visit took longer…by the end we were surprised she found her way back…To be honest I was more surprised she wanted to make her way back as her husband had almost killed the art of conversation….As I say, in hindsight we have laughed about the experience but we haven’t repeated it. Perhaps we might if cruising with family or friends…

Methinks Mrs Drink It All had good reason to drink and leave the table for long periods of time. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LandLockedInAZ2 said:

Methinks Mrs Drink It All had good reason to drink and leave the table for long periods of time. 

I must say we felt pretty much the same…We did wonder later if she actually went to the rest room or the ensemble lounge for a top up between courses…

Much as on the night all we felt was frustration that an event we had looked forward to was a disappointment there was a sadness about the whole affair.

The M’D apologised to us as we escaped (sorry left) as soon as we could. We apologised to him saying he couldn’t be responsible for the behaviour of guests…However we bumped into one of the other table couples later in the cruise in Michael’s and as we began to review the evening some mirth did creep in as did some pathos…

• Like 2

We have done the Chef’s Table several times on Celebrity and enjoyed it.  Our table mates were always pleasant. A couple of thoughts about our experiences:

- Check the menu.  It’s hasn’t changed much, so it can become repetitive if you have done it in the recent past.

- One time there were only six of us.  There was only one bottle of wine for each course so it was split 6 ways.

- Having experienced Chef’s Table on Celebrity, Azamara, and Princess is an interesting comparison.  Princess was by far our favorite.  The head chef personally designed platters of food and was at the table serving each course!  And, the wine flowed freely.

- It appears Celebrity has increased the price of Chef’s table and the wine pairing,  plus the 20% gratuity is now extra.  It’s a very pricey experience.  Another comparison, just read that Chef’s table on Silversea is $180 pp.