What NEW small changes would you like to see?

1 hour ago, Pyxie said:

I wish you could add Cheers at the time of booking and roll it into the payments you make like you can with things like prepaid gratuities. While I understand the cost in the end would be the same, I'd have a much easier time paying it if I didn't have to pay it all at once and would be much more likely to buy it (the only time I ever had it was when it was free).

(Queue the people saying save up, put the amount on gift cards, etc.. But it would probably work in their favor to sell more Cheers. Disney World does this, for example, with their dining plan and it makes it more likely for people to buy it.)

I'd like to see this and the option to add excursions in as well. Or maybe just have an "all-inclusive" price that lets includes cheers, wifi, and excursions up to a certain amount. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, diesteldorf said:

I always get Bottomless Bubbles on Carnival.  On Holland America, you can choose between $8.00 per day for the Coca Cola package or $17.95 per day for the Quench package which covers up to 15 non-alcoholic drinks per day including mocktails and specialty coffees.

A non-alcoholic package priced between Bottomless Bubbles and Cheers would be a change I'd like to see. 

1 hour ago, Pyxie said:

John Heald swears that package would be more expensive than Cheers, but I have absolutely no idea how a non-alcoholic package would cost more than alcohol.. I mean a mocktail minus the alcohol has all the same ingredients except.. the alcohol.

Yeah, that makes no sense and sounds more like they just don't want to offer one.  We don't drink alcohol so we were debating between getting Cheers (paying upfront for all drinks) or getting Bottomless Bubbles and then just paying for individual drinks for our 14 night cruise.  We wound up doing the second. 

I like numbers so when we got back, I did a spreadsheet breaking down all our onboard spending into categories.  We spent $509.69 at the coffee shop, MDR, and other bars.  That total includes souvenir drinks at HMC, desserts at the coffee shop, and four other souvenir drinks onboard, none of which would have been included in Cheers.   That plus the cost of Bottomless Bubbles for the two of us was still less than half if we would have bought Cheers for us both.

So, no, there's no way a non-alcoholic package should be more expensive than Cheers.  Especially since with Cheers, you can drink all the non-alcoholic drinks you want and then still have 15 alcoholic ones per day. 

• Like 2

So, I am on a Carnival ship right now, and I have a suggestion inspired by my current situation. 

It would be nice if they put out some light snacks during the traditional "Happy Hour" time. Nothing big; maybe veggies and dip, cheese and crackers, etc. 

Perhaps if they did that, it would lessen the demand for early dining requests, and sell more pre-dinner drinks. I would be more than happy to check in later for YTD, but I am usually too hungry to wait! If I could get a little snack, I would be fine until later. And yes, I know that Alchemy has some nuts and cheese, but I might not want a $14 drink, either. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pyxie said:

John Heald swears that package would be more expensive than Cheers, but I have absolutely no idea how a non-alcoholic package would cost more than alcohol.. I mean a mocktail minus the alcohol has all the same ingredients except.. the alcohol.

Coffee is more expensive than vodka

3 hours ago, staceyglow said:

So, I am on a Carnival ship right now, and I have a suggestion inspired by my current situation. 

It would be nice if they put out some light snacks during the traditional "Happy Hour" time. Nothing big; maybe veggies and dip, cheese and crackers, etc. 

Perhaps if they did that, it would lessen the demand for early dining requests, and sell more pre-dinner drinks. I would be more than happy to check in later for YTD, but I am usually too hungry to wait! If I could get a little snack, I would be fine until later. And yes, I know that Alchemy has some nuts and cheese, but I might not want a $14 drink, either. 

Years ago they had Goldfish crackers at the bars.  They went away when noro outbreaks became a big thing and never came back.  Free sushi, which was (sometimes) a nice pre-dinner snack, went away years ago.  Taste, which had hors d'oeuvre size portions of food from specialty restaurants fleetwide went away years ago.  See a pattern?

With Carnival cutting every penny of food cost possible, down to non-edible garnishes, and sending the bacon on vacation, I don't see any kind of free pre-dinner snack in the future.  If people are hungry enough, Guy's and the deli are open prior to and through the beginning of YTD.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Coffee is more expensive than vodka

And in most circumstances Carnival pays duty free prices on alcohol.  Bottom line, their markup on alcohol is huge, and even at 15 drinks a day they're probably close to breaking even selling Cheers.

Other than soda and juice (most of which is juice cocktail on Carnival anyway), they simply can't markup non-alcoholic drinks as much as alcohol, which puts everything-but-alcohol drink packages priced higher than most people would pay if Carnival is to make money on them.

-) I would like to see with anytime dining the table location the computer assigned. I would use it  to let them know I cannot sit at that location due to motion sickness (an aft facing table or window is like sitting in backseat.) 

- I would like the software for anytime dining  to recall where we sat prior and suggest that location again. or nearby table available. 

- See if my time dining can include a prefilled out filter into dining profile for software to use.
Such as for preferences no window,  no stairs etc., prefer chair table vs booth. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

-) I would like to see with anytime dining the table location the computer assigned. I would use it  to let them know I cannot sit at that location due to motion sickness (an aft facing table or window is like sitting in backseat.) 

- I would like the software for anytime dining  to recall where we sat prior and suggest that location again. or nearby table available. 

- See if my time dining can include a prefilled out filter into dining profile for software to use.
Such as for preferences no window,  no stairs etc., prefer chair table vs booth. 

With all those needs, sounds like YTD isn't for you in the first first and you should be doing assigned dining.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gin-soaked bar-room queen said:

I’d like to be able to go ahead and place my order when I check in on the app for YTD.

LOL.  In a perfect world, that’d be great!  👍

I want to eat and run!  I don’t place a lot of importance on   food or the dining experience.  

Unfortunately, it seems that the people with whom I travel don’t know what they want to eat or even have the forethought to look at the menu until their fanny hits the chair.  

Menu?
Food?

What’s happening? Where am I?

Ugh.  

I looked at the menu in the morning and knew what I wanted hours ago.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

With all those needs, sounds like YTD isn't for you in the first first and you should be doing assigned dining.

I could see having something like that for a super premium double - diamond type loyalty class, like some hotels do. But if they had that for everyone, the dining room would sit mostly empty as everyone waited for their preferred seating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, audcc77 said:

I want to eat and run!  I don’t place a lot of importance on   food or the dining experience.  

Unfortunately, it seems that the people with whom I travel don’t know what they want to eat or even have the forethought to look at the menu until their fanny hits the chair.  

Menu?
Food?

Ugh.  

My in-laws are the same way - they eat pretty much all their meals at the buffet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, audcc77 said:

Menu?
Food?

Ugh.  

Looked at it in the morning? I'm looking at menus 8 months in advance of my cruise and have already picked out what I'm going to eat everyday!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Bollycats said:

Looked at it in the morning? I'm looking at menus 8 months in advance of my cruise and have already picked out what I'm going to eat everyday!

I did that on my last cruise!  I knew months in advance what I would ask for at least for dinner each evening!

17 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

If people are hungry enough, Guy's and the deli are open prior to and through the beginning of YTD.

Yeah I am not eating a Guy's burger or a Reuben 45 minutes before dinner. 

It seems to me that if a dime's worth of carrot and celery sticks spreads out the workload for the dining room and kitchen and prevents dozens, if not hundreds of passengers from becoming hangry, it's something Carnival should consider. 

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

Yeah I am not eating a Guy's burger or a Reuben 45 minutes before dinner. 

It seems to me that if a dime's worth of carrot and celery sticks spreads out the workload for the dining room and kitchen and prevents dozens, if not hundreds of passengers from becoming hangry, it's something Carnival should consider. 

I don't think the stereotypical Carnival passenger, nor many people at all, go on a cruise to eat carrot and celery sticks. If anything, they'll be hangry that those are the only available snack options available.

11 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

So true, we have done assigned dining at port intensive, and with family traveling. We were just leery of not a private table. We enjoy meeting others, but the fit two cruises was not good. May consider your suggestion and try again, thanks for refreshing idea. 

I’d like a camera at the activities such as deck parties, white parties, etc. sometimes they’re late  and I’m too tired to go or whatever, but if they had a camera I could watch festivities in my cabin on tv/web cam. I think years ago they did this and put on tv the next day (?) 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, VIFP1987 said:

A vending machine for chips, cookies etc. Swipe your S&S card, make your selection and be on your way. 😀

We’d use this if it were available. 

3 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

I’d like a camera at the activities such as deck parties, white parties, etc. sometimes they’re late  and I’m too tired to go or whatever, but if they had a camera I could watch festivities in my cabin on tv/web cam. I think years ago they did this and put on tv the next day (?) 

That would be fun. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 5:17 PM, cacruisin said:

So late night snack options would be very nice too!

All the ships should currently have this. Pizza, chicken tenders, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, meatball sandwiches hips, chips and salsa, cookies I believe.

• Like 1