Celebrity Reflection Signature Suite and new Frustrations with their Website...

I have a fantastic TA who has jumped through all kinds of hoops to get me accurate information...but if there's anything that I've learned over the last year is that information on Celebrity's website is fluid, in addition to changes to perks and amenities.

So here's the deal:

I booked a 4 night mother-daughter getaway on Reflection.  The prices were fairly reasonable and so I snagged a Signature suite because the website says that specialty dining and bar set up (like Royal suites and above) are included.  Great!  I wanted DM to experience all the specialties because she's never sailed with Celebrity.

I stumbled upon a thread from early January, 2024 where someone was asking if they would get the Signature suite benefits if they win a move up bid.  A poster chimed in to say that the rep at the future cruise desk said that beginning in 2024 those perks were going to be dropped from the Signature suite.  So I reached out to my TA and asked them to inquire about the amenities.  The rep on the phone said the perks are still included.  Ok, fine.  But I still wasn't convinced so I went to Celebrity's website and read the individual, bullet point description, side by side with the Signature suite vs Royal suite.  Sure enough, the RS description is explicit in that it includes specialties and bar set up.  The only place that it says Signature suites get unlimited specialty dining and bar set up is in the general description (on a different page)...it's left out of the detailed description.  I've added a screen shot of the side-by-side comparison.  

So I reached out to my TA again and told her what I found and indicated that unless Celebrity was able to put it into writing that we would receive those benefits on our sailing, I wanted to down-grade.  She called Celebrity again and shared my side-by-side comparison with the rep.  She was again told that it was just the wording on the website but that the perks WERE included with the Signature suite and they would put it in writing...I don't have that yet.

My TA has called twice, I've emailed the Executive Office for clarification (no response yet)...I'm still not convinced.  Anyone here currently in a Signature suite or have been in one since January, 2024 who can attest to the actual perks of that suite?

Sorry for the long post...I'm exhausted just typing it! 😳.  Any help or insight is appreciated.

image.thumb.png.66a7364e425e3d904a4fb5ea9259ec05.png

Edited 17 hours ago by Georgia_Peaches

• Like 1

Hi Georgia,

Also to note according to your copied snap,  the Reflection Suite does not receive the real "bubbles" upon embarkation, does not receive daily bottled water, sodas and beer. We loved the Reflection when we cruised in a RS for the Mardi Gras in Feb 2020.  We had debated between the Reflection and Royal Suite, as the amenities were the same.  We just decided on the Royal Suite for the extra space.  Certainly, cruising with Celebrity is changing as noted in their fine print.  We have an upcoming sailing on the Solstice in a Royal Suite and this will give us a first hand indication on the direction/cutbacks on this line.  After this, we will go forward with our "wallets" to determine future cruises.

I hope things work out for the best.  According to these boards, I am sensing a "bait and switch" category.

Happy and Safe travels🙂

Pam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Pam said:

Hi Georgia,

Also to note according to your copied snap,  the Reflection Suite does not receive the real "bubbles" upon embarkation, does not receive daily bottled water, sodas and beer. We loved the Reflection when we cruised in a RS for the Mardi Gras in Feb 2020.  We had debated between the Reflection and Royal Suite, as the amenities were the same.  We just decided on the Royal Suite for the extra space.  Certainly, cruising with Celebrity is changing as noted in their fine print.  We have an upcoming sailing on the Solstice in a Royal Suite and this will give us a first hand indication on the direction/cutbacks on this line.  After this, we will go forward with our "wallets" to determine future cruises.

I hope things work out for the best.  According to these boards, I am sensing a "bait and switch" category.

Happy and Safe travels🙂

Pam

OOPs, My bad!🙃I meant the Signature Suite, not the Reflection Suite.  Sorry.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I would give the 877-RETREAT group a call and see what they say. They should be more knowledgeable about Retreat perks than a random rep.

Not surprised at all that you'd come up with such a great suggestion!  Thank you!  Do you think they will speak with me directly or will my TA need to call?

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

28 minutes ago, Dr. Pam said:

Hi Georgia,

Happy and Safe travels🙂

Pam

Excellent points, Dr. Pam!  Thank you.  I think I'm going to take @Alakegirl's approach to wait and see and @RichYak's suggestion of calling the Retreat directly.  I think the extra space of this suite is nice but the real appeal was the included specialties.  I could upgrade us to the RS and all of this would be a non-issue but I just can justify $7k for a 4 night cruise.  The Signature suite is listed at $2K pp for 4 nights...which is still pricey for 4 nights but I wanted to treat DM to something special.  Worst case, I will down-grade us to a Celebrity suite and just pay the money for the specialties.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Maybe just wait to see if they come through with putting it in writing.  How long has it been since you were promised that?  When is the cruise?

The cruise is in July and my TA spoke with the rep for the second time just yesterday.  I haven't received anything in writing...not sure if that would come to me or my TA....or if they really do that anyway.

See if your TA can get ahold of an updated spreadsheet like referenced above.  That ought to be one of the documents Celebrity can provide a travel professional.  The one posted is older but presumably there should be an updated one out there.

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

See if your TA can get ahold of an updated spreadsheet like referenced above.  That ought to be one of the documents Celebrity can provide a travel professional.  The one posted is older but presumably there should be an updated one out there.

Are you saying the brochure in post 6 is not current? or the one posted in your reference in post 4?  I will definitely as for her to get an updated one.  Thank you!

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Are you saying the brochure in post 6 is not current? or the one posted in your reference in post 4?  I will definitely as for her to get an updated one.  Thank you!

The one I quoted from the other thread’s post #4 is definitely not current but it shows the kind of spreadsheet a TA ought to be able to access

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

That document is from 2021. 

This link shows no specialties included on page 171.

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/476ee3e8#/476ee3e8/171

Just went through this whole publication.  It's definitely for 2024-2025.  Thank you for posting.  Just sent the pertinent pages over to my TA.  So now it's frustrating that I not only cannot count on Celebrity's website for accurate and up to date information, but the Celebrity reps (not all) are just as out of touch with changes...SMH.  I'm still going to call the Retreat line but the table in this link is pretty clear and in line with what another poster was told at the cruise next desk.  Again, thank you!

38 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Not surprised at all that you'd come up with such a great suggestion!  Thank you!  Do you think they will speak with me directly or will my TA need to call?

I can see no reason why they wouldn't speak with you. 

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Just went through this whole publication.  It's definitely for 2024-2025.  Thank you for posting.  Just sent the pertinent pages over to my TA.  So now it's frustrating that I not only cannot count on Celebrity's website for accurate and up to date information, but the Celebrity reps (not all) are just as out of touch with changes...SMH.  I'm still going to call the Retreat line but the table in this link is pretty clear and in line with what another poster was told at the cruise next desk.  Again, thank you!

Anyone aware what the difference is between specialty dining vs specialty restaurant? Looking at the two being Inc RS+ but only one of the two checked off for Signature

Edited by AnnualGuysTrip

21 minutes ago, AnnualGuysTrip said:

Anyone aware what the difference is between specialty dining vs specialty restaurant? Looking at the two being Inc RS+ but only one of the two checked off for Signature

Could it be (and I've a vague recollection of seeing, hearing or reading this somewhere once) that the "specialty dining" which is not checked off for signature suites on that list is where you can order whatever you want from any specialty restaurant and have it delivered to your suite? That would make sense that it's only available for royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites as they are the ones which have a full dining table in the cabin. Signature suites don't have a dining table. 

However, "specialty restaurants" is checked off for a signature suite and I assume that means dining in the restaurants themselves versus having it delivered to your suite?

• Thanks 1

Ok well I guess I can put this topic to bed. I’m happy to report that my TA and I had a three-way call with the shoreside Retreat host (again, thank you @RichYak) and the final word is that specialties ARE included. When asked why it’s not indicated in the suite inclusions shown in post 6 the host said that the exception is with the Reflection ship only. This was our third call to Celebrity regarding this issue. I’m finally comfortably convinced. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2