Celebrity Pass renamed Premium Access Pass

StopTheWorld

On 2/6/2024 at 5:35 PM, MrSunshine said:

My TA is having a celebrity representative over tomorrow, she promised to ask him about my situation, and will hopefully report back.

Still very interested in hearing about others' experience in similar situations, or just with the Premium Access in general.

please report back when you hear

On 2/6/2024 at 10:35 PM, MrSunshine said:

My TA is having a celebrity representative over tomorrow, she promised to ask him about my situation, and will hopefully report back.

Still very interested in hearing about others' experience in similar situations, or just with the Premium Access in general.

I realise you’re probably busy packing for your cruise, or perhaps already on your way, but I was wondering if you got any feedback from the Celebrity rep? 
If you get a chance tomorrow could you take photos of the premium access signed at the terminal please? Thanks and enjoy your cruise 😊

This just became available on my April 7 cruise and I booked it.  Under "VIP Packages".    It was the same price (for just me) as the premium wi-fi 2 device package I had already purchased for 30% off.  Since it was included AND no room service charge. ,it seemed a no brainer.    But, I only booked it for myself (not my sister, who I am sharing a room with).  So the other perks - priority boarding, tendering and disembarkation - will not likely be used as I don't want to strand her.  

If they try and tell me now that we both have to book I will be very upset ,as I already cancelled my discounted premium wifi.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, StopTheWorld said:

I realise you’re probably busy packing for your cruise, or perhaps already on your way, but I was wondering if you got any feedback from the Celebrity rep? 
If you get a chance tomorrow could you take photos of the premium access signed at the terminal please? Thanks and enjoy your cruise 😊

Packard ages ago, arrived in Fort Lauderdale yesterday😄

The Celebrity rep had told my TA they would of course not let my wife and 2 young children hang around at the port for 2 hours, so we would all be able to enjoy early embarkation.

Going in at 11 am tomorrow, we’ll see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, GatorMomInNC said:

This just became available on my April 7 cruise and I booked it.  Under "VIP Packages".    It was the same price (for just me) as the premium wi-fi 2 device package I had already purchased for 30% off.  Since it was included AND no room service charge. ,it seemed a no brainer.    But, I only booked it for myself (not my sister, who I am sharing a room with).  So the other perks - priority boarding, tendering and disembarkation - will not likely be used as I don't want to strand her.  

If they try and tell me now that we both have to book I will be very upset ,as I already cancelled my discounted premium wifi.  

Well, i just looked at the FAQs and it says both have to book!! But unlike the drink packages, it doesn't require both to book when you add to cart.  And, I already cancelled my 30% off wifi ,which is now only 20% off...so I am anxious and confused....

On 2/7/2024 at 4:17 PM, MrSunshine said:

I paid about USD35 per day, so 350 for our 10 night cruise.

Doubt they would still run as low, doesn't make sense to sell them for less than the Wifi alone.

I just purchased it for our 9-day Mediterranean cruise in June for $28/person.

14 hours ago, GatorMomInNC said:

Well, i just looked at the FAQs and it says both have to book!! But unlike the drink packages, it doesn't require both to book when you add to cart.  And, I already cancelled my 30% off wifi ,which is now only 20% off...so I am anxious and confused....

I’d go ahead and book the Premium Pass whilst it is available. Especially since you now don’t have the premium WiFi. Plenty of us have purchased for just 1 person. 

2 hours ago, StopTheWorld said:

I’d go ahead and book the Premium Pass whilst it is available. Especially since you now don’t have the premium WiFi. Plenty of us have purchased for just 1 person. 

Thanks.  Right now I have Prem Pass for one booked.  I am nervous now that somehow they will try and make me purchase two (not an option - my sister's budget prohibits this); or cancel it, and now I have lost my discounted wifi/2 device.  Not much I can do however at this point.  I would think that if you are not allowed to purchase for just one, that they wouldn't LET you do so (just like with drink packages). 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GatorMomInNC said:

Thanks.  Right now I have Prem Pass for one booked.  I am nervous now that somehow they will try and make me purchase two (not an option - my sister's budget prohibits this); or cancel it, and now I have lost my discounted wifi/2 device.  Not much I can do however at this point.  I would think that if you are not allowed to purchase for just one, that they wouldn't LET you do so (just like with drink packages). 

If you do have to cancel, the WiFi discounts to 30% for 2 days or so every couple weeks (I check daily to see if it ever goes above this, which is how I found Premium Access yesterday).

• Like 1

I quickly bought Premium Access when it was offered 4 days ago for my Feb 25 Ascent sailing (15 days out). It was only USD 140 more for the week than the Premium Wifi for 1 device I previously purchased. It seems like a no-brainer, but we shall see how "premium" I feel next week at the port and throughout the cruise.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 8:37 PM, MrSunshine said:

Packard ages ago, arrived in Fort Lauderdale yesterday😄

The Celebrity rep had told my TA they would of course not let my wife and 2 young children hang around at the port for 2 hours, so we would all be able to enjoy early embarkation.

Going in at 11 am tomorrow, we’ll see what happens.

How did it go? Any issues with only 1 purchased per cabin? 

Just now, StopTheWorld said:

How did it go? Any issues with only 1 purchased per cabin? 

There were a separate seating area for Premium Access when we arrived at the terminal past the security checks. My family was the only ones in there, and we were first onboard the ship when they started boarding from the general area. I assume the suite guests were let onboard at the same time, but felt like we had the ship to ourselves in the beginning. Arrived at the terminal at 10:45, and were onboard the ship before 11. No questions asked about being the only one with Premium Access.

Didn’t try for the lunch, as the menu seems lackluster, and we preferred to be at the pool almost alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrSunshine said:

There were a separate seating area for Premium Access when we arrived at the terminal past the security checks. My family was the only ones in there, and we were first onboard the ship when they started boarding from the general area. I assume the suite guests were let onboard at the same time, but felt like we had the ship to ourselves in the beginning. Arrived at the terminal at 10:45, and were onboard the ship before 11. No questions asked about being the only one with Premium Access.

Didn’t try for the lunch, as the menu seems lackluster, and we preferred to be at the pool almost alone.

Thanks.☺️ And premium WiFi for 2 devices works ok? 

7 minutes ago, kiwichick62 said:

One pass purchased per cabin....  Celebrity could end up with twice as many people using the pass than they planned for  😅

Very true!

The few hundred dollars paid by one person for this pass allowing access for more than one really is a kick in the whatever for those paying thousands more for suites, where both occupants pay the thousands. 😬

Please note; in terms of Theatre Seating, a row has been roped off in the balcony at *every* show during the week for XPass seating - not just for Chic nights as Suite Guests get. Presumably if more than a dozen people purchased the XPass there would be additional rows created - currently, exactly 1 couple ever occupied that row.

The kiosk is lighted BTW and reserved until 3 minutes before showtime by red ropes and an attendant.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, kiwichick62 said:

One pass purchased per cabin....  Celebrity could end up with twice as many people using the pass than they planned for  😅

Royal Caribbean has had something very similar in place for a while. It’s called the “Key” and it printed on on your boarding pass and Set Sail card. Celebrity will catch on to this quick.

When I went to purchase it only required me to purchase one, not a separate one for my sister.  So when I purchased I didn't think it was a concern that I was just buying for myself.   Compare this to the drink package, where you cannot purchase just one. 

My sister does not intend to use the perks  - we can board separately, eat lunch separately, go to shows separately.    She doesn't care about any of that.   I do think that would be unfair (to pay for one and both use it).  I already had the premium wi-fi 2 devices purchased, and that we do intend to trade off using the devices, just as we were going to do (and from what I can tell is allowed).   The only other thing she will benefit from is the free room service since we are in the same room.  

After I purchased this I cancelled my wi fi, then found out that (supposedly) both people have to buy this, but they approved the sale, and of course she hasn't purchased it.  I'm waiting to see if the premium 2 device wi fi goes back on sale again - right now it is ~$100 more than I had it reserved for. 

Also, this Premium pass is now sold out on my cruise, so I guess my sister couldn't purchase it even if she was willing to pay for it (which she is not). 

• Like 1

Hi I have just purchased the premier access package for 2 of us today for both weeks we are on the cruise from 25th Feb.

I haven't seen it available before so I'm wondering if it's a new thing.

I just wondered if anyone who had been on has found it worth the money.  I didn't realise only 1 person could purchase it.  

I did see that regarding Theatre seating it's only on the chic nights can anyone clarify this?  Many thanks

4 minutes ago, CF11 said:

Hi I have just purchased the premier access package for 2 of us today for both weeks we are on the cruise from 25th Feb.

I just wondered if anyone who had been on has found it worth the money.  I didn't realise only 1 person could purchase it.  

I did see that regarding Theatre seating it's only on the chic nights can anyone clarify this?  Many thanks

Everyone over the age of 6 must get it 

• Premium Access must be purchased prior to sailing by each guest age 6 or older assigned to the same stateroom.

5 minutes ago, CF11 said:

See #41 for theatre seating. 

10 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Everyone over the age of 6 must get it 

• Premium Access must be purchased prior to sailing by each guest age 6 or older assigned to the same stateroom.

Yes I saw that but I have seen in here and another forum that only one person has bought it. Maybe they stopped that as it didn't make sense really 

On 2/14/2024 at 11:02 PM, David Kane said:

Please note; in terms of Theatre Seating, a row has been roped off in the balcony at *every* show during the week for XPass seating - not just for Chic nights as Suite Guests get. Presumably if more than a dozen people purchased the XPass there would be additional rows created - currently, exactly 1 couple ever occupied that row.

The kiosk is lighted BTW and reserved until 3 minutes before showtime by red ropes and an attendant.

Thank you for the information. I have just purchased the package at apart from the WiFi this was the other thing I was interested in.

3 minutes ago, CF11 said:

Yes I saw that but I have seen in here and another forum that only one person has bought it. Maybe they stopped that as it didn't make sense really 

When you click on one person to buy , both people in the cabin are automatically included in the price 

and for 12 days it is what I paid for a basic cruise 🤣

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer