Celebrity Pass renamed Premium Access Pass

StopTheWorld

Received this email today. No idea why it’s been changed so soon after it was launched?? 
Some extra benefits listed in the FAQ eg priority luggage delivery and staterooms ready at 11:30am. 

The Celebrity Pass (Xpass) you purchased for your sailing will be renamed to Premium Access℠ beginning February 12th, 2024. Rest assured, the name is the only change made to this product and you’ll still enjoy all the same services and amenities you purchased under the previous product name.

Here’s what’s included with Premium Access: 

• Premium Wi-Fi for two devices. 
  • Complimentary room service, unlimited (waived delivery fee & gratuities). 
  • Early access at the terminal. 
  • Priority luggage delivery to staterooms. 
  • Welcome lunch in the main dining room served from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm; be sure to select an early boarding time. 
  • Priority departure from ship to shore in ports that require tender service. 
  • Reserved seating at shows in The Theatre. 
  • Express luggage service in the terminal when debarking. 

For frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding Premium Access℠, please click here.

Edited by StopTheWorld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The most important change is Celebrity clarified the Wi-Fi inclusion.  The revised description clearly states Premium Wi-fi for 2 devices and eliminates the confusion caused by the original description which stated it was just an upgrade to premium Wi-Fi for 2 devices per guest.  Customer service told me I had to purchase a wi-if package first which cost-wise made no sense. 

•  
  • Like 1

Only a limited number are available per cruise. They sold out pretty quickly as they were such a good deal! Cheaper than upgrading 2 devices to premium devices in some cases. Price varied. For an 11 night cruise where I already had all included it cost £110. For another cruise booked cruise only, it was £223. 

I have one for my Feb 12 Silhouette sailing, but initially booked one only for myself to replace my WiFi-reservation. Came back as I considered to add it for my wife and kids too, but was sold out by then.

Any idea what happens if we show up early with only one of us having Xpass/Premium Access?

7 minutes ago, MrSunshine said:

I have one for my Feb 12 Silhouette sailing, but initially booked one only for myself to replace my WiFi-reservation. Came back as I considered to add it for my wife and kids too, but was sold out by then.

Any idea what happens if we show up early with only one of us having Xpass/Premium Access?

I am in the same boat - only booked 1 as it gave premium WiFi for 2 devices. Not sailing until end of May.

i noticed in the newly published FAQ that all travellers in the same cabin are meant to purchase the pass, but, when I purchased, it was permitted for 1 person only. 
I suspect Celebrity have realised their mistake and have tightened up on it now.

Please report back after your sailing. 😊

6 minutes ago, StopTheWorld said:

I am in the same boat - only booked 1 as it gave premium WiFi for 2 devices. Not sailing until end of May.

i noticed in the newly published FAQ that all travellers in the same cabin are meant to purchase the pass, but, when I purchased, it was permitted for 1 person only. 
I suspect Celebrity have realised their mistake and have tightened up on it now.

Please report back after your sailing. 😊

You will probably hear the screams of my wife if I am allowed onboard early, and she is denied 😛

Yeah, we paid less for the Premium Access than Premium Wifi, and now we at least get complimentary room service on top of that, so looks to be a great deal regardless of whether we can utilize the other benefits or not. 

• Like 1

My TA is having a celebrity representative over tomorrow, she promised to ask him about my situation, and will hopefully report back.

Still very interested in hearing about others' experience in similar situations, or just with the Premium Access in general.

• Like 1

We got this for our cruise in May when it first came out in November last year.  It was far cheaper than just upgrading from the AI basic Wifi to the faster Wifi for two devices each.  

This pass has more benefits and is cheaper than paying for Concierge class.

Edit to add - Also interested in hearing about others experiences with the pass.

Edited by kiwichick62
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:06 AM, StopTheWorld said:

Received this email today. No idea why it’s been changed so soon after it was launched?? 
Some extra benefits listed in the FAQ eg priority luggage delivery and staterooms ready at 11:30am. 

The Celebrity Pass (Xpass) you purchased for your sailing will be renamed to Premium Access℠ beginning February 12th, 2024. Rest assured, the name is the only change made to this product and you’ll still enjoy all the same services and amenities you purchased under the previous product name.

Here’s what’s included with Premium Access: 

• Premium Wi-Fi for two devices. 
  • Complimentary room service, unlimited (waived delivery fee & gratuities). 
  • Early access at the terminal. 
  • Priority luggage delivery to staterooms. 
  • Welcome lunch in the main dining room served from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm; be sure to select an early boarding time. 
  • Priority departure from ship to shore in ports that require tender service. 
  • Reserved seating at shows in The Theatre. 
  • Express luggage service in the terminal when debarking. 

For frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding Premium Access℠, please click here.

I'll be in the Retreat so it seems the only useful thing to me is the welcome lunch.  I wish Luminae did lunch on the first day.  What was the price for this?  The FAQ doesn't say.  It would be a nice perk next time I'm in Aqua.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

I'll be in the Retreat so it seems the only useful thing to me is the welcome lunch.  I wish Luminae did lunch on the first day.  What was the price for this?  The FAQ doesn't say.  It would be a nice perk next time I'm in Aqua.

Luminae is open for lunch on embarkation day.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I paid about USD35 per day, so 350 for our 10 night cruise.

Doubt they would still run as low, doesn't make sense to sell them for less than the Wifi alone.

More folks with early boarding

More joining Conciege guests for  embark lunch in MDR

more guests with tender priority!

more  reserved  seats for shows

express luggage at debark

wifi ..

rm svc free

Sounds like a great deal..

Almost like a suite..but not a suite!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Does the retreat experience include complimentary room service already?  We are in a suite as well but wondered about that.  I hope things aren’t going to be crowded now.  

1 hour ago, Octavias said:

Does the retreat experience include complimentary room service already?  We are in a suite as well but wondered about that.  I hope things aren’t going to be crowded now.  

Room service is free for Retreat and Zenith.  From the FAQ.

*Room service fee is subject to change without notice. 24-hour room service is complimentary for guests of The Retreat and Zenith Captain Club members.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 6:25 AM, MrSunshine said:

Where was the option located when it was available?

19 hours ago, hcat said:

More folks with early boarding

More joining Conciege guests for  embark lunch in MDR

more guests with tender priority!

more  reserved  seats for shows

express luggage at debark

wifi ..

rm svc free

Sounds like a great deal..

Almost like a suite..but not a suite!

I agree that having these items included may be worth the price to some, making them feel a little more like the “suite experience, but not.”  The changes that keep happening, in many circumstances, are in the know for those who read Cruise Critic; however, things change in the blink of an eye, not to mention vary from ship to ship...one thing we can all count on is continuous change...

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

Luminae should be open until around 1:30pm for lunch on embarkation day.