Wifi for Elite members

steveso

Hi

We are going on the Apex in May. My wife and I are both Elite members, mainly from points acquired on RC.

We want to take out a wifi package but it's hard to work out if it is best booked in advance or wait until on board to get the 30% discount and 90 minutes.

Does anyone know how this works in practice? Can you get the loyalty discounts in advance?

Thanks

The best deals that I have found are during a Black Friday or July 4 sale when the wifi packages are often cut by 50%.  Sadly we cannot get the Elite discount on that sale price most of the time.  The 30% off/90 free minutes is an either or deal so I have come to question the real value of the "benefit" since I can often it cheaper during a sale.

Edited by Mr. Click

While you can book the captains club discounts ahead of time by calling,  they don't combine with any pre-cruise discounts. Depending on the current offer you might just want to wait until you board and then use the 30% discount if you didn't see a better offer ahead of time.  

Do you both need  to access the internet frequently for long periods of time?

The 90 minutes free premium internet is for each of you, so a total of 180 minutes that does not need to be used at 1 time.  You can log in and out for many this is sufficient,

DH uses very little internet,, maybe 20 minutes in a 7 N cruise.  On the other hand I use the internet more.  In that situation another option is to use 1 person's discount to by a 1 device plan, either of you could use it, just 1 device can be connected to that log-in at a time.  The other could use 90 free minutes.   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

Do you both need  to access the internet frequently for long periods of time?

The 90 minutes free premium internet is for each of you, so a total of 180 minutes that does not need to be used at 1 time.  You can log in and out for many this is sufficient,

DH uses very little internet,, maybe 20 minutes in a 7 N cruise.  On the other hand I use the internet more.  In that situation another option is to use 1 person's discount to by a 1 device plan, either of you could use it, just 1 device can be connected to that log-in at a time.  The other could use 90 free minutes.   

We share one 90 minute package - prepare off line, logon send, logoff, read messages - repeat morning and night. When the first 90 is used decide if the second lot will last the rest of the cruise - if not use it as a discount on a full package for the remaining days. 90 X 2 has always lasted us.

No need to purchase in advance.   Once on the ship, 2hen you create your account it will show both the Free Minutes or the Internet packages with your discounted prices already applied with option of Classic or Premium.    Just click on which you want.  

• Like 1

This may seem like a ridiculous question, but we haven't cruised in nearly 6 years and are feeling like antiques here. I have read this on Celebrity's website:

Basic Wi-Fi

With our Basic Wi-Fi, included in All Included cruise fares, you can browse the web, send emails, and text family and friends via select messaging apps. It’s a great value option for staying connected while you’re on vacation, but please note that you won’t be able to email large files, share photos or videos on social media, use streaming apps, or make video calls.

I read this that there is now basic wifi included with our regular cruise fare. Is that correct? We are Elite and would have free minutes coming as a perk, right? Please don't be frustrated with our lack of understanding. SO much has changed in the industry since we last cruised. Thank you for your help.

That's not correct.  There's an All included (Wi-FI & Drinks) option you can add onto your initial booking.  The up charge is around $75 per day per person.  As an Elite member,  you'll have access to Limited Wi-FI and Drinks.  Hope this helps!

All_Included.png

Edited by ChittyChittyBangBang

2 hours ago, Kevin's girl said:

This may seem like a ridiculous question, but we haven't cruised in nearly 6 years and are feeling like antiques here. I have read this on Celebrity's website:

Basic Wi-Fi

With our Basic Wi-Fi, included in All Included cruise fares, you can browse the web, send emails, and text family and friends via select messaging apps. It’s a great value option for staying connected while you’re on vacation, but please note that you won’t be able to email large files, share photos or videos on social media, use streaming apps, or make video calls.

I read this that there is now basic wifi included with our regular cruise fare. Is that correct? We are Elite and would have free minutes coming as a perk, right? Please don't be frustrated with our lack of understanding. SO much has changed in the industry since we last cruised. Thank you for your help.

Basic wifi is included in All included cruise fare, but not in the Cruise only cruise fare.  All included and Cruise only are both regular cruise fares so it depends on which you book.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tschwa2 said:

Basic wifi is included in All included cruise fare, but not in the Cruise only cruise fare.  All included and Cruise only are both regular cruise fares so it depends on which you book.  

That explains it. Thank you.