NCL Breakaway

According to Cruise tracker the breakaway is under way using engines. I would say no. Also Breakaways webcam does not look like they are docked. The international Pier has 2 ships docked looking at the live webcam

It looks like the tracker is not showing it in the correct location, the Breakaway, Regal Princess and Carnival Pride are scheduled to leave 1600, 1700, 1800 and they are showing that they are half way to Costa Maya

3 hours ago, ConCasTon said:

Did the Breakaway port is Cozumel today?  

She thought about it. Now just bobbing off shore at 1 kn.  There are two RCL ships at the international pier and the Disney Magic at Punta Langosta. 

IMG_5872.thumb.jpeg.d0e4312bb4f45343ae1e08a42ee71627.jpeg

IMG_5873.thumb.jpeg.9ef433035dfd8906116330d832d79760.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, cruisinmeme said:

What happened??  Breakaway is suppose to be in Cozumel today.  We have that same schedule next month.

Yeah, what' the story? Can't find anything on the 'net news.

Doug

Two weeks go Epic was in Cozumel on both Wednesday and Friday and Roatan on Thursday. Missed Costa Maya and private island. The $100 OBC was nice though.

We are on the Breakaway headed back to New Orleans.  Monday, our at sea day was very rocky, very windy.  We were all excited when we pulled up on a sunny day to Cozumel on Tuesday… but we never docked.  Someone shared footage from a ship that did, and huge waves were crashing up over the gangway.  I think the ship could have docked, but I don’t know if passengers could have negotiated the trip to shore.  We got another sea day: this time with more sun.  Roatan and Belize went ok, but they announced we wouldn’t make Costa Maya due to weather, but they would substitute in an afternoon at Cozumel: we were there Friday from noon to 8:00pm.  Must be very specific to winds or something because Cozumel and Costa Maya are not far enough apart to have different weather systems.

First time I’ve done this itinerary this early in February…not sure if it’s normal or not to have so many changes.  I’ve done it twice in late March and never missed a port. 

$50 OBC per person for the inconvenience and $15 for port fees.

4 hours ago, FitchburgWIFamily said:

We are on the Breakaway headed back to New Orleans.  Monday, our at sea day was very rocky, very windy.  We were all excited when we pulled up on a sunny day to Cozumel on Tuesday… but we never docked.  Someone shared footage from a ship that did, and huge waves were crashing up over the gangway.  I think the ship could have docked, but I don’t know if passengers could have negotiated the trip to shore.  We got another sea day: this time with more sun.  Roatan and Belize went ok, but they announced we wouldn’t make Costa Maya due to weather, but they would substitute in an afternoon at Cozumel: we were there Friday from noon to 8:00pm.  Must be very specific to winds or something because Cozumel and Costa Maya are not far enough apart to have different weather systems.

First time I’ve done this itinerary this early in February…not sure if it’s normal or not to have so many changes.  I’ve done it twice in late March and never missed a port. 

We cruise to Coz often, probably 15 times in the last 20 years; usually in early-mid March and or mid October. We have never failed to dock at Cozumel in those years, but probably failed to dock at Costa Maya around 40% of the time. That port is very open to the ocean/winds as you know. Glad you did get to spend the afternoon in Coz, one of our favorite ports.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

8 hours ago, FitchburgWIFamily said:

Costa Maya is basically east facing, Cozumel is west facing. Weather in this case has nothing to do with distance.