Favorite Tamarind menu items?

This will be our first time dining in Tamarind on the Rotterdam later this month. What are your favorite menu items?  Are you allowed to have more than one starter, or do you have to pay extra if you have more than one?  We also plan on trying some of the unique cocktails they offer there 👍

My fav was the Thai Beef Salad and the Lobster and shrimp dumplings. I think we all had multiple starters and don’t recall a charge, but perhaps this has changed since 2023. The cocktails were all interesting and worth a try.   They can also modify the drinks easily if you prefer the mixers with a different spirit, for instance. Or less sweet, etc by adjusting the juice.  

I found the desserts to be the least impressive of the courses, but overall LOVE Tamarind!

• Thanks 1

For dessert, the Mango Posset is very good. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but when I started to order, my server recommended it. I've usually found such recommendations to be worth following, and this one was right on target.

• Thanks 1

There are no bad choices off the Tamarind menu. Order whatever you prefer and you will enjoy it. You can order as many starters as you want as well as sides. Limit is only to one entree. 

Edited by Real NHDOC
  • Thanks 2

Roger @Crew News's new Tamarind menu

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Tamairind-Dinner-Menu-2024.pdf

does not show the charge for extra entree, but we did pay one when we split the Veggie Tempura entree in addition to our own choices, January 2023. 

My favorite is the Mongolian Lamb with bok choy. My husband had the Wasabi crusted Beef. The mixed satay kebabs is a good appetizer, really big enough to split! Always get rice and a veggie, each, as sides.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wasabi and Soy Crusted Beef Tenderloin is my favorite entree.

I also enjoy the following Starters: Thai Beef Salad, Shrimp Tempura and Chinese Five Spice Baby Back Ribs.

Enjoy!

PS: what was the name of the dessert they used to have that looked like a giant fortune cookie and had chocolate ganache inside?

Edited by syesmar
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, syesmar said:

Wasabi and Soy Crusted Beef Tenderloin is my favorite entree.

I also enjoy the following Starters: Thai Beef Salad, Shrimp Tempura and Chinese Five Spice Baby Back Ribs.

Enjoy!

PS: what was the name of the dessert they used to have that looked like a giant fortune cookie and had chocolate ganache inside?

Fortune Cookie.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

After always stuffing myself on the appetizers, believe it or not the tofu main entree is a nice, lighter respite before dessert. Waitress always asks, you know this is tofu,  right? Right, its blandness can be spot on.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Real NHDOC said:

There are no bad choices off the Tamarind menu. Order whatever you prefer and you will enjoy it. You can order as many starters as you want as well as sides. Limit is only to one entree. 

In the main dining room on other cruise lines we've been able to order an entree-portion of a starter and vice versa.  Do you know if this is also possible in Tamarind?

One of our party isn't terribly excited about the entree options but might like multiple appetizers, maybe a larger portion of an appetizer as a main course.

1 hour ago, VersaliusPrimus said:

In the main dining room on other cruise lines we've been able to order an entree-portion of a starter and vice versa.  Do you know if this is also possible in Tamarind?

One of our party isn't terribly excited about the entree options but might like multiple appetizers, maybe a larger portion of an appetizer as a main course.

My last cruise we ate at Tamarind 4 nights - by the last one I was rather full from all the specialty dining and decided to order just 2 appetizers.  I had the soup as my appetizer and the satay sampler as my entree.  To my surprise, instead of the usual 5 skewers there were 9 on the plate!  Sort of defeated my purpose of eating light 😉

So yes, it appears at least for some items you can alter the size to fit the course you want it for.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone noticed that the menu is not as large as before? Last year I had the fish (burrimundi-spelling?) entree and it appears to be gone now. Also my favorite dessert: a sweet "cheesecake" item...forgot the name.🤔

33 minutes ago, PSR said:

Has anyone noticed that the menu is not as large as before? Last year I had the fish (burrimundi-spelling?) entree and it appears to be gone now. Also my favorite dessert: a sweet "cheesecake" item...forgot the name.🤔

On the January 2024 menu listed on Roger Jett's website in post #5 the Barramundi and Yuzu Cheesecake are still listed. Is there a more recent version than that?

image.png.6590ee407f911bb99fda83668d4184fb.png

image.png.e0c58c02bb92ff8b03414bd44fbad96d.png

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

That is the menu currently being served on the Eurodam.  Both are available and will probably be consumed by me tomorrow evening at 7:00 PM after the coconut soup appetizer.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 4