Return to Voyager!

I was happy to see Voyager back to a location/date we can sail on her again.   She was our first cruise in 2006 and got us hooked on cruising.   We love the Voyager class and it will be perfect for this 5 day itinerary that we did last year on Mariner - PC to Labadee and Coco Cay and a couple of sea days! Now off to look for what has changed since 2006.  Did they do away with the fountain urinal in the men's room near the WJ?   Off to read recent reviews and youtube!

100_0303.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/7/2024 at 5:37 PM, Cigar King said:

Have you seen something about where she is heading after Europe in 11/25?

I have not, was happy to see her at Port Canaveral when I was looking at spring 2025. A quick search of roll calls here doesn't show anything beyond some Greek Island cruises in Late 2025.

We've been on Voyager twice and loved it!  We have cruised these Voyager and Freedom classes:

Voyager - 2

Mariner - 5

Adventure - 4 (and 1 booked)

Explorer - 1

Freedom -1

It just seems to be the right size for us. We've been on several Oasis and Radiance class cruises too but prefer Voyager and Freedom Classes.

Thanks for posting your review!!

Edited by 2chiefs
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

We've been on Voyager twice and loved it!  We have cruised these Voyager and Freedom classes:

Voyager - 2

Mariner - 5

Adventure - 4 (and 1 booked)

Explorer - 1

Freedom -1

It just seems to be the right size for us. We've been on several Oasis and Radiance class cruises too but prefer Voyager and Freedom Classes.

Thanks for posting your review!!

We too like the Voyager and Freedom class,  in addition to the ones you mentioned we did Navigator. I must be getting old, need to see if between the two of us, we missed anything.  Been on Freedom twice, but never Indy or Liberty

Vision Class = 9 (7 Grandeur, 1 Enchantment, 1 Vision)

Radiance Class - 1 (Radiance)

Voyager Class = 2 (1 Adventure, 1 Voyager)

Freedom Class = 1 (Liberty)

Quantum Class = 9 (1 Quantum, 8 Anthem)

Quantum Ultra Class = 1 booked (Odyssey)

Oasis Class = 1 (Oasis) + 1 booked (Oasis)

I do prefer the layout of Voyager/Freedom Class.  Although, it would be nice if the had an enclosed (or retractable) solarium.

We did the Voyager on an Artic TA cruise last year. We loved this ship, especially since you can go right up front on the helipad, and at night it is pitch dark there and we were treated to several days of the Northern Lights. They came out and served hot chocolate at 12 midnight for those out there watching the skies. Just a wonderful cruise. 

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

We did the Voyager on an Artic TA cruise last year. We loved this ship, especially since you can go right up front on the helipad, and at night it is pitch dark there and we were treated to several days of the Northern Lights. They came out and served hot chocolate at 12 midnight for those out there watching the skies. Just a wonderful cruise. 

Cheers

Len

I really like helipad access too. That seems to be becoming lost on every ship being built after Freedom class.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 4:40 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Nice, first time I was on Voyager was 25+ yrs ago!

She was our second Royal cruise in January 2006. We are doing a B2B on her starting on Feb. 19th.

Edited by TexCruise371
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 10:09 AM, Another_Critic said:

I do prefer the layout of Voyager/Freedom Class.  Although, it would be nice if the had an enclosed (or retractable) solarium.

The layout of the solarium on this ship did cause a bit of confusion and almost got me in a fight on my first cruise!     My wife and I were sitting in deck chairs just after of the pool and had been there a good 90 minutes or so.  This guy came up to me and demanded I get out of HIS chair.  He said he was only gone 10 minutes and I shouldn't have taken his chair. No amount of telling him I/we had been there 90 minutes and he was mistaken would help.  Just about the time it was going to come to an altercation, I saw a woman waving frantically at us, I told the guy, "Are you with her?"  He then realized he had left the solarium on one end and came back from the other and was turned around.  

Fortunately, I did meet several other wonderful people on that cruise.

• Haha 5

On 2/7/2024 at 6:10 PM, OCSC Mike said:

My first cruise ever as well... Honeymoon in 2002.

"OMG, there's an ice rink on a ship?!?"

I had heard about that, but I don't think youtube was as big of a deal then. so I hadn't seen it.    My biggest memory was seeing Voyager at the West end of the port near the turn around basin.  I didn't know anything about Azipods and Voyager was docked with her port side to the terminal. I was wondering how many 3 point turns Voyager would have to make to get turned around and head out.  We were delayed departing a couple of hours because about 30 people were coming in on a flight from Houston that was late. When we finally left it was dark and people on the highway north of the port were stopping on the side of the road and getting out and waving.   I almost thought we should have some confetti to throw down. (only seen Love Boat a million times before that first cruise.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TexCruise371 said:

She was our second Royal cruise in January 2006. We are doing a B2B on her starting on Feb. 19th.

That brings back a very fond memory.  It was out first cruise and on the final morning we had a noon flight out of Miami, so we ate in the Windjammer, and it really hit home that our cruise was over, they only opened up half the WJ that day and after a great week of great service, I could see the crew was focusing on the next cruisers.  We were wandering around with trays trying to find some place to sit.  A guy wearing an Ohio related shirt saw my Ohio related shirt and asked it we would like to sit with them.   

They were Diamond Cruisers and they were on a B2B. At the time I didn't know what Diamond or B2B meant.  Our cruise was the last one from Miami that year and Voyager was doing a TA (didn't know what that meant either)  This couple was staying over for the TA. After listening to how much we enjoyed our cruise he told us about the frequent cruiser program and about the TA.   They were the first of many great people we would meet cruising.  Pre-facebook so we didn't communicate with them, but they sure helped us get a good start to cruising.   My next encounter on cruise 2 with a Diamond member wasn't so gracious.

• Like 1

I also love this class sailed her about 20 years ago , also sailed sister ship Navigator 3 times and that was my first grand suite, have sailed in nothing buy suites since. Also first ships with Ice Show 😁😁

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 9:30 AM, BillOh said:

I was happy to see Voyager back to a location/date we can sail on her again.   She was our first cruise in 2006 and got us hooked on cruising.   We love the Voyager class and it will be perfect for this 5 day itinerary that we did last year on Mariner - PC to Labadee and Coco Cay and a couple of sea days! Now off to look for what has changed since 2006.  Did they do away with the fountain urinal in the men's room near the WJ?   Off to read recent reviews and youtube!

100_0303.jpg

Great story! 

• Thanks 1

A question for Voyager vets.

My wife and I just returned to cruising after a decade break (bought a condo and did land-based during Covid).  Just got back from a great cruise on Celebrity Reflection and we definitely have the cruise itch again.

We want to take our grandkids (9, 10, 13) on their first cruise and are looking at Voyager in March 2025--four days to CocoCay and Bimini. The ship looks like a great time. We are ready to book to take advantage of some early booking prices, but stopped when we read recent CruiseCritic reviews.  The ship scores VERY poorly, with reviews that make it sound like a bad Chuck E. Cheese. There are multiple negative posts with few positives listed.  For anyone who has sailed recently, what is your opinion?  Are these criticisms fair?  Despite the cool kid things (coasters, laser tag, ice rink), should look elsewhere?  Thanks in advance.

@BahamaPapa57  I hope you get good replies.  I haven't seen a Royal ship go to Bimini, don't know anything about it.  I'm sure it won't compare to modern ships, but we are empty nesters and we will find a way to have a good time.   Seems like a good first cruise. They will definitely love the new Coco Cay.

• Like 1