Live ICONIC 60th Birthday Cruise with ITCHINTOCRUISE (2-10 to 2-17)

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: . . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

itchintocruise was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello fellow cruise aficionados. Yes, it's time for itchintocruise to do a LIVE review again. 

giphy.gif

Stay tuned for additional details.

In case you need some additional reading material check out my previous LIVE reviews:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2616173-live-hoho-horizon-and-a-bottle-of-tequila-christmas-cruise-12-23-18/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2717481-live-122119-itchintocruise-presents-parrotheads-on-the-panorama/

• Like 6

All right folks time for an update:

Today was packing day and as always lots of stress deciding what to take and what not to. The good news is the mission is 90% accomplished.

The next step is to finish off at work tomorrow and sign off for the week. We are committing the proverbial sin of flying to the port on the same day. I know. I know, however, my work schedule is what it is.

We do have the first flight out on Saturday morning and it is a non stop from Louisville to Miami. We are schedule to land at 8:36am. So far the weather appears to behaving and let's hope for no travel drama. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

So we had the "tiny" Royalup fairy pay us a visit yesterday. We had originally booked a guarantee Surfside balcony, but submitted a bid to upgrade to an Outside Balcony which was accepted for 75.- per person. Not a big win, but we would rather face the ocean. Now we just have to figure out how to change our luggage tags...

• Like 5

4 hours ago, itchintocruise said:

So we had the "tiny" Royalup fairy pay us a visit yesterday. We had originally booked a guarantee Surfside balcony, but submitted a bid to upgrade to an Outside Balcony which was accepted for 75.- per person. Not a big win, but we would rather face the ocean. Now we just have to figure out how to change our luggage tags...

Maybe get new luggage tags from the porters if unable to print with new cabin info

Well we pushed back from the gate and moved about 50 yards when the pilot decided that he wanted to change the route due to severe weather in the area. This now requires us to top off the plane with more fuel. Sooo… back to the gate we go.

On 2/11/2024 at 3:25 PM, ticketsunlimited said:

Having to much fun.  May not hear from them until next weekend 

So true. I double checked the post header to see if it said Live! Good for them!

Do you happen to know what the price for the Thermal Suite 7 day pass is on this (2/10) sailing and if they are offering any discounts? I'm sailing in about a month and I'm trying to decide if I should book it prior (no discount) or wait until I'm onboard. Right now if I book it prior, it is $109 per person (there's 2 of us) so they are wanting to charge me $218 plus $43.60 gratuity totaling $261.60.

Thank you 

23 hours ago, ah33919 said:

Do you happen to know what the price for the Thermal Suite 7 day pass is on this (2/10) sailing and if they are offering any discounts? I'm sailing in about a month and I'm trying to decide if I should book it prior (no discount) or wait until I'm onboard. Right now if I book it prior, it is $109 per person (there's 2 of us) so they are wanting to charge me $218 plus $43.60 gratuity totaling $261.60.

Thank you 

I had booked the thermal suite for our sailing on Icon (this Saturday - yay!) and cancelled it yesterday.  The suite just doesn't seem to offer much at all - pretty disappointing considering all the other new bells and whistles on the ship.  Heated loungers, a sauna and a steam room just doesn't compare with other lines offerings at the spa.  Sad because we do generally buy the passes when we sail but couldn't bring myself to do it this time because of the subpar product. 

Edited by stringbean10

On 2/12/2024 at 3:43 PM, ah33919 said:

Thank you 

I was on Icon for the 2/3 cruise. The thermal suite was $109 online prior to the cruise. I almost bought it but decided to wait and check out the thermal suite on the ship, even if it would likely cost more (it did). I was not that impressed with the thermal suite so I ended up not buying the pass.