Concierge Lunch vs Check In Time

Dejlig Ko

I have booked a concierge room for my next cruise (price lower than a regular veranda and better room location). I just checked in for the cruise and the earliest check in time is 1pm. Do I show up earlier than that or do they give you a lunch on another day, or ? 

On the Ascent recently they changed the lunch time to 1230 to 130 from 1130am. That helps with the the 1pm reservation times. I would come at 12 and I am quite sure you will get on the ship and be just fine. 

On 2/9/2024 at 5:36 PM, Dejlig Ko said:

I have booked a concierge room for my next cruise (price lower than a regular veranda and better room location). I just checked in for the cruise and the earliest check in time is 1pm. Do I show up earlier than that or do they give you a lunch on another day, or ? 

Since X introduced check in slots some passengers with late times have missed the lunch.

On some cruises X has substituted  the boarding day lunch with a lunch on a sea day.

Two problems with this:

1) you don't know what X has decided to do on your particular cruise until you board.

2) a lunch on a sea day is clearly different to a lunch when you board.

Not perfect but at least they are trying.

Personally we go direct to our cabin drop our bags and collect our room cards. Next head to our Muster Station to "check in". Then onto Al Bacio for a coffee and cake (or two). If we need something extra to eat we head for the Spa Cafe which is normally very quiet although it doesn't seem to open on all ships. Back to the cabin to see if any bags have arrived if not we settle down on the balcony.

we make sure we have a good breakfast and with 6.30 dinner we have no need of a massive lunch so can easily avoid the chaos of the Buffet.

I would arrive early. We enjoy the lunch. For us it is about sitting down in a quieter place being served after travelling. We had no complaints about the food. It is the basic dining room food

• Like 1