1030 flight departure out of FLL to Toronto

1960Travel

15 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Would like to know the alternative.  I'm trying to envision the 'side roads' to Mississauga instead of the 401?  All N to S are lights and traffic, unless part of the way is 401 to ?

When exiting airport silver dart drive to Matheson which runs through Etobicoke to mississauga.  I live right at Matheson.  20 minute ride. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

When exiting airport silver dart drive to Matheson which runs through Etobicoke to mississauga.  I live right at Matheson.  20 minute ride. 

I see...Matheson is just under the 401... Better route for you.  👍

• Like 1

The closeness between Port Everglades and FLL makes you wonder why they just don't set up a train that runs between the two destinations, but then again, I can see the security concerns. 

On 2/10/2024 at 6:55 AM, Dr. Cocktail said:

I’m weighing in on this again because I feel so strongly about it!

Odds are - you’ll be fine but you’ll likely start stressing the night before arrival and continue to do so until you’re off the ship!

If you’re NOT fine and you miss your flight, you’re on your own.  You’ll have to buy a new ticket unless the agent takes (unlikely) pity on you. None of these CC members extolling you not to be negative are pulling out their Visa cards to pay for your new flight.

And…. Most flights are beyond full these days - no guarantee that you’re getting on a flight that same Sunday.

Again, I have witnessed people FREAKING OUT on board on arrival day as we’re one to 4 hours (medical emergency) late and they’ve missed their flight.

100% agree. I've had 2 cruises with delayed disembarkation at around 9:30. Also agree about getting on another flight. Has anyone flown lately where the plane wasn't 100% full or darn close to it? I know I haven't.  Early flights these days are just not worth the risk.

My January 18th 11:30 AM flight from FLL to DFW was a full flight (naturally). However, as DFW is a American Airlines hub, most of the people had connecting flights, so there was only eight of us actually waiting for bags at DFW. The couple that I sat next to were connecting to Denver. 

On 2/11/2024 at 10:24 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I would say half of transatlantic ending in Florida were a bit of a sh$t show getting off the ship 

We were delayed a couple of hours disembarking a TA and people with early flights were frantic. For that particular cruise the airfare home was so ridiculously expensive that we had booked a hotel overnight and an early flight the following day....very lucky timing for us. 

We're flying out of MIA, not FLL, and now our departure is 11:20am. It's not a direct flight back, but there was a direct going so that's why MIA. And we're flying AA, not AC, so I think that makes a world of difference with how many flights. But, it's Spring Break and the fares are astronomical and most flights are full.

So many variables to consider. For myself, I hired a car to make sure we get to MIA on time, just because it's a Friday during rush hour. If we're delayed, I hope hubby's status will help us change things if necessary. Again, everyone's comfort level and stress tolerance is different.

I do wish the airlines were better about keeping their schedules consistent, but I guess the flux is something we have to live with now.