elite mini bar question on a 14 day cruise

sns1

3 minutes ago, sns1 said:

We have the plus package and we are elite.   This cruise is the 14 day Caribbean circle on March 9th.  The only way to book it was a 14 day cruise.   We received $250 OBC when we submitted for our shareholder credit.   That is what made me question two minibars.

The Circle the Caribbean is a single 14 day voyage. Thus, one mini bar for the 14 days. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, memoak said:

Packages have nothing to do ewith mini bar setups

33 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Why would that matter to the Elite mini-bar perk? 

I know it is not related.  (I did not say that it was). IMO the mini bar set has minimal value unless one is cruising with the Standard fare.  If they are cruising with one of the package, I have a different question.

Now, I see it is a true 14 day cruise without any segments, never mind.

Edited by jagoffee

1 hour ago, sns1 said:

We have the plus package and we are elite.   This cruise is the 14 day Caribbean circle on March 9th.  The only way to book it was a 14 day cruise.   We received $250 OBC when we submitted for our shareholder credit.   That is what made me question two minibars.

Great.  I miss the true 14 day Caribbean cruises. I will take them over two B2B 7 day cruises any day.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sns1 said:

After the first 7 days does it return to FLL?  If no then you will get the one set up, if yes its considered 2 segments and then 2 setups.

At least that was my experience on the 20 night Enchanted Princess.

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I know it is not related.  (I did not say that it was). IMO the mini bar set has minimal value unless one is cruising with the Standard fare.  If they are cruising with one of the package, I have a different question.

Now, I see it is a true 14 day cruise without any segments, never mind.

For us it has tons of value and we always cruise with the plus package. When we want a drink on the balcony all the stuff is there. We use the package at bars and restaurants 

7 hours ago, pilot said:

You may be correct. On their site I had the option of booking two separate 7 day cruises or a 14 day cruise. With the 14 day booking I got a $250 Shareholder Credit and $250 Military Credit instead of $100 for 7 day cruise. 

There is no "may" about it.  You were given the correct answer above.

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Great.  I miss the true 14 day Caribbean cruises. I will take them over two B2B 7 day cruises any day.

Enjoy your cruise!

They still exist.  More now than a couple or so years ago.

25 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

There is no "may" about it.  You were given the correct answer above.

I guess I don’t understand?  Are you saying that I didn’t book one 14 day cruise that departed on January 20 and returned on February 3 with one booking number? I’m confused. 

IMG_1242.jpeg

There were 2 other minor things on this 14 day that I didn't have on previous 7 day B2B...was able to get room service every morning except when we disembarked on Feb 3.  Also was able to send out laundry until Feb 1, 2 days before disembark. 

33 minutes ago, pilot said:

I guess I don’t understand?  Are you saying that I didn’t book one 14 day cruise that departed on January 20 and returned on February 3 with one booking number? I’m confused. 

IMG_1242.jpeg

You did, but that 14-night cruise was a "logical" voyage made up of two 7-night "physical" voyages.  You returned to Fort Lauderdale in the middle and people got off and new people got on.

• Like 1

Pilot. It is very simple. Princess offers "logical" bookings in the Caribbean and other locations such as the Med. In your case they offered two 7 day voyages under a single booking number, or you could book with  two different booking numbers. It was two separate voyages one to the Eastern Caribbean and a second to the Western. You returned to Ft. Lauderdale after the first week and went through immigration. While you had a single booking number Princess keeps track as two separate voyages. On their records each leg of your b2b has a different voyage number. If you look at your folio you most likely will see a roll over from the first week to the second.

Elites will receive 2 mini bars, one for each voyage. You will also receive credit for 2 cruises. For mini bar and cruise credit purposes think Princess voyages the way Princess records them and not booking numbers. 

3 hours ago, Sprocket said:

After the first 7 days does it return to FLL?  If no then you will get the one set up, if yes its considered 2 segments and then 2 setups.

At least that was my experience on the 20 night Enchanted Princess.

As indicated above, they are on the circle and the Caribbean cruise that is a single segment that does not return to Fort Lauderdale.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They still exist.  More now than a couple or so years ago.

I will have to watch more closely.  I did enjoy one on Oceania and another on Regent, but they were expensive.  I almost never see this itinerary on Celebrity that used to be availalbe every winter season.

I did not realize that Princess is returning this itinerary to their schedule.  Princess markets the B2B 7 day cruises as a 14 day cruise more frequently than other cruise lines that I monitor.  

Thank  you for the heads up.  

jagoffee. Princess offered at least 3 Circle the Caribbean voyages this season, maybe even 4 plus a couple of repositioning between NYC and DLL. The March 9th one on the Ruby is the last one this season. There is a review here on CC of a previous Circle the Caribbean also on the Ruby. Might have been in January. There was a sailing in the fall on 2023. I see 6 14 day single voyages scheduled for the 24/25 season. Two are repositioning From NYC to FLL in November and the reverse in April. The other 3 are RT Ft. Lauderdale with2 in December and one in January.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, skynight said:

Pilot. It is very simple. Princess offers "logical" bookings in the Caribbean and other locations such as the Med. In your case they offered two 7 day voyages under a single booking number, or you could book with  two different booking numbers. It was two separate voyages one to the Eastern Caribbean and a second to the Western. You returned to Ft. Lauderdale after the first week and went through immigration. While you had a single booking number Princess keeps track as two separate voyages. On their records each leg of your b2b has a different voyage number. If you look at your folio you most likely will see a roll over from the first week to the second.

Elites will receive 2 mini bars, one for each voyage. You will also receive credit for 2 cruises. For mini bar and cruise credit purposes think Princess voyages the way Princess records them and not booking numbers. 

Thanks for the explanation. 

It depends on how the sailings is shown in Princess system.  Very often for a 14 days Europe cruise they are 2 voyages despite you book it as a single reservation.  In those cases you will get 2 minibar set up.  In those Caribbean cruises that return to Ft Lauderdale before starts the 2nd 7 days, it will be 2 voyages and 2 minibars.  Transatlantic then continues to Europe for another 7 days, despite you book it as one 23 to 25 days sailing, again you will get 2 minibar set up.

In the long past when elite internet benefit was free minutes, if you hadn’t logged in in the first portion of your trip, the system would eliminate your entitlement and only gave you the 2nd voyage entitlement.  The Internet cafe manager would fix that.

5 hours ago, skynight said:

jagoffee. Princess offered at least 3 Circle the Caribbean voyages this season, maybe even 4 plus a couple of repositioning between NYC and DLL. The March 9th one on the Ruby is the last one this season. There is a review here on CC of a previous Circle the Caribbean also on the Ruby. Might have been in January. There was a sailing in the fall on 2023. I see 6 14 day single voyages scheduled for the 24/25 season. Two are repositioning From NYC to FLL in November and the reverse in April. The other 3 are RT Ft. Lauderdale with2 in December and one in January.

Thank you.

Edited by jagoffee