A Crystal connection?

MBP&O2/O

Three things ....
(1) We have recently booked another cruise with Silversea , but due to yet another Silversea IT issue,  my wife ended up as the lead on the booking.
(2) On every other cruise I have been shown as the lead.
(3) When covid hit we had a cruise booked with Crystal (in my name) ....the self same company that folded. Said company was later bought my the previous owner of Silversea I believe? 

For no apparent reason my wife is now getting daily phone calls from Crystal UK. At no time were they supplied with her telephone number?

Question: Are Silversea selling personal data? They are the only holiday related company that has her number?

Suggestions for alternative theories welcome ... before I ask SS.

I doubt Silversea would sell their passenger information to basically a competing company.  I suspect the information was “mined” from a different source like a TA.  Of course the pervious owner may have made off with a list of passengers though I would have thought that would not be looked at kindly.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Three things ....
(1) We have recently booked another cruise with Silversea , but due to yet another Silversea IT issue,  my wife ended up as the lead on the booking.
(2) On every other cruise I have been shown as the lead.
(3) When covid hit we had a cruise booked with Crystal (in my name) ....the self same company that folded. Said company was later bought my the previous owner of Silversea I believe? 

For no apparent reason my wife is now getting daily phone calls from Crystal UK. At no time were they supplied with her telephone number?

Question: Are Silversea selling personal data? They are the only holiday related company that has her number?

Suggestions for alternative theories welcome ... before I ask SS.

Hello, SS was sold to RCI and the owner bought Crystal and the database of previous passengers of Crystal.  My husband and I received many calls from the NC customer service center.  We did a cruise on Crystal Serenity in October 2023 and when we visited the marketing desk on the ship, the lady knew exactly our history with OC.  Therefore we do not loose our history of cruises and our advantages.  Our next cruise will be our 10th one with Crystal which is booked in October 2024.  We are so glad, Crystal is back!  Excellent crew, excellent service, excellent food!  We have done 44 cruises so far - RCI, Cunard, Princess, HA, Oceania, NCL, Celebrity, Seabourn, Regent and Crystal. Our opinion Crystal is the best!

N.B. SS is on our list to try.

Edited by cruise_loverinlaval

If you had one booked in the past, you still had to complete a guest registration form prior (even if never sailed). that info was in the Old Crystal database which new Crystal purchased.  Now I get one call per week on my mobile from their "consultant".

Thanks for all the answers. My concern is that my wife did not supply a mobile number to Crystal so where they have got it from is anybodies guess 🙄

Either way I have informed Crystal of my feelings and instructed them to remove all our personal details from their database.

We shall see!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Thanks for all the answers. My concern is that my wife did not supply a mobile number to Crystal so where they have got it from is anybodies guess 🙄

Either way I have informed Crystal of my feelings and instructed them to remove all our personal details from their database.

We shall see!

They are required under the GDPR to remove any personal info they retain at your request. It is a serious offence not to do so.