Christmas Vacation Cruises w/ a Miami Departure

Hello!

We've been on Royal Caribbean in the past but not in the last 5 years. I'm a school teacher who has to time my cruise within the guidelines of the school calendar.

I've started a thread here for the purpose of requesting posters to suggest RCI cruises that #1 Depart Miami #2 Do not depart until at least 12/22/24....departing 12/23/24 would be ideal btw...and #3 the cruise must be back by 12/31/24.  5 day...6 day..7 day...8 day cruises are all fine. I'm grateful to learn of all possibilities that happen to fit within the calendar framework I've mentioned here.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses!

Steve from NJ

Edited by SSBrickNJ

I struggled to get the very specific filters that I presented here. I am confident that with patience there will be people here that will drop me some links and suggestions. 

I am a 5th grade Band director who is perfectly capable of navigating many things on the web. I just didn't anticipate responses like yours and the other person. I have had many friendly threads here in the past. Sorry that you feel I didn't try or am incompetent.  I did enter filters but they are not as narrow as what I want. I had hoped for some friendly viewer of my thread to help out.

Edited by SSBrickNJ
  • Like 1

I think what others are saying is that anyone else would also have to go to the website and use all of the filters. There's not really a shortcut.  This might be where a travel agent really comes in handy. And I'm a slave to the school calendar as well so I understand your plight!

1 hour ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Hello!

We've been on Royal Caribbean in the past but not in the last 5 years. I'm a school teacher who has to time my cruise within the guidelines of the school calendar.

I've started a thread here for the purpose of requesting posters to suggest RCI cruises that #1 Depart Miami #2 Do not depart until at least 12/22/24....departing 12/23/24 would be ideal btw...and #3 the cruise must be back by 12/31/24.  5 day...6 day..7 day...8 day cruises are all fine. I'm grateful to learn of all possibilities that happen to fit within the calendar framework I've mentioned here.

Steve from NJ

I actually searched and only came up with this one. 4 days on allure out of miami.

Nothing else I saw meets yours criteria. I'm doing 6 days on adventure over xmas out of PC that fits except it's out of the wrong port. It's a 6 day cruise I booked. 

20240210_170510853.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Hello!

Steve from NJ

Sounds like you need a TA, they will do all the work for you while saving you some $s.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Yes...seems like that's true.

If there are mone out of miami matching your criteria except that 4 day showing on their site, a TA cant find one either. 

Ft Lauderdale of port Canaveral meet your dates over xmas but not miami. 

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If there are mone out of miami matching your criteria except that 4 day showing on their site, a TA cant find one either. 

Ft Lauderdale of port Canaveral meet your dates over xmas but not miami. 

Thank you. I am grateful for the feedback and I am open TO ANY FLORIDA CRUISE PORT...not just Miami.  🙂

25 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Thank you. I am grateful for the feedback and I am open TO ANY FLORIDA CRUISE PORT...not just Miami.  🙂

The 6 day oasis the oldest oasis class is the best priced out of ft Lauderdale. 

The only other I could find leaving dec 22 or 23 was wonder 7 day and wonder up until utopia has been the newest and priced accordingly high. I looked at my xmas adventure and it leave dec 21 so not the dates you requested.

Wonder 7 day is the only other choice I found 7 days from port Canaveral. Its eastern, my favorite. 

20240210_185813477.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The 6 day oasis the oldest oasis class is the best priced out of ft Lauderdale. 

The only other I could find leaving dec 22 or 23 was wonder 7 day and wonder up until utopia has been the newest and priced accordingly high. I looked at my xmas adventure and it leave dec 21 so not the dates you requested.

Wonder 7 day is the only other choice I found 7 days from port Canaveral. Its eastern, my favorite. 

20240210_185813477.jpeg

This is great! Thank you so much! 

3 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

@firefly333 this is the ship for your suggested cruise Dec. 22 - Dec. 29th out of Port Canaveral...correct? 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruise/royal-caribbean/wonder-of-the-seas

I'm excited for this possibility!

Well idk I suggested it. I booked it with friends, but it's not cheap. It's the  newest oasis class out right now. Icon just started about a week ago, it's a new class, wonder is the newest oasis class. I am booked but just saying price reflects the newness of wonder. Utopia isnt out yet, but will be the last oasis class. I hope its nice,  I'm booked feb 2025 on wonder, ..I'm booked on adventure b2b over xmas 2024. Eastern and then xmas. But it leaves the wrong day.

I got most of them out of florida booked lol, but havent done wonder yet, feb 2025. But its booked. 

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well idk I suggested it. I booked it with friends, but it's not cheap. It's the  newest oasis class out right now. Icon just started about a week ago, it's a new class, wonder is the newest oasis class. I am booked but just saying price reflects the newness of wonder. Utopia isnt out yet, but will be the last oasis class. I hope its nice,  I'm booked feb 2025 on wonder, ..I'm booked on adventure b2b over xmas 2024. Eastern and then xmas. But it leaves the wrong day.

I got most of them out of florida booked lol, but havent done wonder yet, feb 2025. But its booked. 

Our last 4 cruises we have opted for the inner stateroom and this Port Canaveral Cruise might be an inner stateroom as well. It fits our schedule and we will surely consider it 😉

21 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Our last 4 cruises we have opted for the inner stateroom and this Port Canaveral Cruise might be an inner stateroom as well. It fits our schedule and we will surely consider it 😉

Find a TA who might have group rates to save a little more off the price. Group rates are at least refundable a bit less if you can find a TA who has them. For me a inside view balcony about as cheap as a inside on this class, I'm D+ so get a nice balc disc. I'm booked ce trac park view balcony. Not my favorite, but priced right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Hello!

Steve from NJ

Love that question! You sure love to give assignments to others!👌😝

I Always book my cruises directly with the cruise line. But ,their search engines are a pain, NCL is possibly the worst. Another poster on CC suggested this search engine, https://www.cruiseplum.com/

It has no BS like ads etc.. Frankly, it's the best I've ever seen. Once you find one that fits your needs, circle back to the company website to book. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I have not booked the cruise yet.......but just in case we do....I HAVE just now booked our pre cruise hotel.

Country Inn and Suites by Radisson Cocoa Beach FL

I wanted to edit my post but it's too late. The hotel is in Cape Canaveral....not Cocoa Beach.

On 2/10/2024 at 5:34 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

You can easily find the information you want on RCI’s website. I assume you aren’t teaching anything related to computers. 🙂

I work in IT and have developed websites but only recently figured out you can search on the website for specific dates and not just full months at a time. I don't think it's related to how familiar anyone is with computers, the functionality is not obvious. 

• Thanks 1