Winter Break on the Athem (2/17-25) - A Trip Report

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I was surprised to find a kettle in my cabin! I had thought those were only on sailings from Southampton. I’ll have to grab some tea bags!

They always had them on my Alaska sailings on Ovation,  but last year coming from Sydney, they started removing them once we hit Hawaii. I had a great cabin attendant and she left mine, since I was on 2 more legs. They do come in handy for really early morning wakeups, when you don’t want to get dressed and look for coffee and tea.

Have fun!

• Like 1

I was surprised to find a kettle in my cabin! I had thought those were only on sailings from Southampton. I’ll have to grab some tea bags!

We've had a kettle on our last two Anthem cruises out of Bayonne, and we used it every day.  I understand that if your cabin doesn't have one, you may ask your cabin attendant for one.

Don't forget t check out the Solarium Cafe for breakfast--it's less crowded, quieter, and had everything I would want for breakfast,  including the lovely raison cranberry bread. Mmmmmm.

Teddie

• Like 2

They have been in every cabin on every sailing we have done on Anthem out of NJ.   Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, teddie said:

We've had a kettle on our last two Anthem cruises out of Bayonne, and we used it every day.  I understand that if your cabin doesn't have one, you may ask your cabin attendant for one.

Don't forget t check out the Solarium Cafe for breakfast--it's less crowded, quieter, and had everything I would want for breakfast,  including the lovely raison cranberry bread. Mmmmmm.

Teddie

Cool! I will plan to! There was a letter in my cabin that they made me a reservation for the Solarium Bistro tonight! (I can change it if I want, but it seems like a cool start!)

• Like 2

Solarium Bistro is the small plates buffet that was described earlier. It is yummy!!

I will note that my gluten-free status is due to a wheat allergy that shows up as a little more wheezing, so I can do small cheats/not have to worry about cross-contamination…so the falafel may not be safe for someone with celiac. (I’m used to a place at Disney World that has falafel that is gluten-free.) I also just picked the croutons off my Caesar salad - not sure if you can request one without croutons.

I definitely see myself coming back here! I was contemplating trying either the salmon or tilapia just to see if my taste buds have forgotten my choking experience when I was in 1st grade…but I have had 2 friends who developed sudden fish allergies, and I am not sure that a ship is the place to try fish just in case my reaction was really my body protecting me.

IMG_9010.thumb.jpeg.a9ec1723d37910b155c2daee6c3969e6.jpeg

IMG_9009.thumb.jpeg.2ddc0c622d74686cd67e37b0373c8459.jpeg

IMG_9011.thumb.jpeg.bd2411aaa5b7a94bc2aae363c1a1bb84.jpeg

IMG_9012.thumb.jpeg.b5c8ea7a15c4c5e3edd23f52bc8603fd.jpeg

• Like 7

I’ve decided I’m going back to the Solarium Bistro tonight. YUM!

Tomorrow I’m going to do lunch at Chops. 😄

You can tell how crowded the ship is on a cold sea day because people are all over inside. I’m thinking after my wine tasting I will chill and read in my cabin for a little while.

• Like 5

I did speak with the Guest Services Manager after the Top Tier event about the snowball yesterday - mainly suggested that in the event of snow again they ensure that tables are cleaned off because of that. She was extremely apologetic - asked if I needed medical attention and said she would definitely speak with Housekeeping about ensuring that snow is cleared.

My cheek does not appear to have bruised - it is a little sore to the touch, but that is all.

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The little free string bracelets are cute…but not “sit through a 45 minute presentation about shops you have no intention of going to - while the Top Tier event with free drinks is going on” cute.

Ha! I just hoofed it from aft to forward and got to the theater just as the port shopping sales pitch was letting out. Slipped in and got in line and got the bracelet anyway!

• Haha 7

44 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I’ve decided I’m going back to the Solarium Bistro tonight. YUM!

Tomorrow I’m going to do lunch at Chops. 😄

You can tell how crowded the ship is on a cold sea day because people are all over inside. I’m thinking after my wine tasting I will chill and read in my cabin for a little while.

I got the Thermal Suite pass for the week where I am currently relaxing. There are only 2 other people in here, so this will be my quiet spot away from the masses. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, TeachNY said:

I got the Thermal Suite pass for the week where I am currently relaxing. There are only 2 other people in here, so this will be my quiet spot away from the masses. 

If you don't mind me asking, What is the current price on weekly Thermal Suite pass?

41 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

IMG_9028.thumb.jpeg.32169c21c15d42d3d72bfef898b5a044.jpeg

The Solarium Bistro is quickly becoming a favorite spot for food!

I may have missed it, did you need to make reservations at Solarium Bistro? For dinner and otherwise?