Tours for world cruise cancelled

After having a conversation with Princess this morning, it appears that all booked tours for the world cruise have been cancelled not just the ports that were changed. I was told that Princess will email passengers when tours are available and all monies already paid back in my account in 24hrs

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Interestingly I saw a post from someone elsewhere that said the exact opposite, and that most of the excursions would be reinstated some time this week.

Typical so called experts. The call centre have no idea what's going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparrow3131 said:

Typical so called experts. The call centre have no idea what's going on.

Exactly! I'll start panicking if my excursions don't reappear by early next week.

45 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Exactly! I'll start panicking if my excursions don't reappear by early next week.

I'm not panicking but they have already reimbursed over $2000 onboard credits that I used on shore excursions. Check out your princess account.

• Thanks 1

I'm getting on in Dover and I checked my account and all the excursions are still there beside from Key West which they never listed any for, anyway.

My booked ones have not been cancelled, so I do believe it was just a glitch in the system when they had to redo the itinerary for those doing the full world cruise or the half world cruise from Down Under.

If anyone on the WC needs prices of tours or the number of tickets left for particular tours on the second half just ask me on the roll call.

19 hours ago, sewgood said:

I'm getting on in Dover and I checked my account and all the excursions are still there beside from Key West which they never listed any for, anyway.

My booked ones have not been cancelled, so I do believe it was just a glitch in the system when they had to redo the itinerary for those doing the full world cruise or the half world cruise from Down Under.

If anyone on the WC needs prices of tours or the number of tickets left for particular tours on the second half just ask me on the roll call.

We're doing the full world cruise and none of our booked excursions are currently showing. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sparrow3131 said:

I'm not panicking but they have already reimbursed over $2000 onboard credits that I used on shore excursions. Check out your princess account.

How can you tell those OBCs have been reimbursed? I've always been able see a full list of what OBCs we have for the cruise, which now includes the $750pp for the itinerary change, but I've never been able to see how much of that had been used for excursion bookings. Of course I have my own records of what we used OBC for and what we paid separately.

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

How can you tell those OBCs have been reimbursed? I've always been able see a full list of what OBCs we have for the cruise, which now includes the $750pp for the itinerary change, but I've never been able to see how much of that had been used for excursion bookings. Of course I have my own records of what we used OBC for and what we paid separately.

I was told by Princess 

Please disregard anything that I have said on this post regarding shore tours as I have had 4 calls to Princess regarding the matter and have received a different answer each time. So now I have no idea what's happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2024 at 8:11 AM, Sparrow3131 said:

Please disregard anything that I have said on this post regarding shore tours as I have had 4 calls to Princess regarding the matter and have received a different answer each time. So now I have no idea what's happening.

Gives you lots of confidence in Princess, NOT

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 9:11 AM, Sparrow3131 said:

They have no idea either. It is the fault of the system that the call centre only work off scripts, and until an official response has been considered by higher authorities, they will only guess at an answer to end the call - they can't just hang-up.

You can only hope to talk to a supervisor, but they are not necessarily sages of the unknown either. You can only hope that someone is following-up on your problem.

Edited by arxcards

18 minutes ago, arxcards said:

They have no idea either. It is the fault of the system that the call centre only work off scripts, and until an official response has been considered by higher authorities, they will only guess at an answer to end the call - they can't just hang-up.

You can only hope to talk to a supervisor, but they are not necessarily sages of the unknown either. You can only hope that someone is following-up on your problem.

I would prefer to be told that they have no idea rather than be told a different story 4 times

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sparrow3131 said:

I would prefer to be told that they have no idea rather than be told a different story 4 times

Yes, me too. 

They just have a thing where something a bit like that was the answer last time, and until they see something specific, they will cling to thinking they have given good advice for something irrelevant.

Just curious. You used OBC to book tours, and what happened to you may well have occurred to others using OBC. Could also be a mistake that when they cancelled a tour for one of the skipped ports, they cancelled them all. Those using credit cards to book might be different again.  Tours could be cancelled from head office, leaving the Aussie call centre with no valid explanation.

Good luck getting this all sorted.

Two of our booked excursions have reappeared so hopefully the rest will pop up early next week.

I hope they do the refunds for the cancelled ports excursions promptly otherwise we're going to have a problem. I booked some of them using our Citibank debit card and, of course, that has been taken over by NAB and the Citibank account disappears on Feb 24th so if Princess try to refund back to that after that date it probably won't work. 

All of our shore tours from Tangier on have now been reinstated but looks like at a different cost. In total an extra $240. I will know for sure when I get a refund for the pots that were cancelled. 

15 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Two of our booked excursions have reappeared so hopefully the rest will pop up early next week.

I hope they do the refunds for the cancelled ports excursions promptly otherwise we're going to have a problem. I booked some of them using our Citibank debit card and, of course, that has been taken over by NAB and the Citibank account disappears on Feb 24th so if Princess try to refund back to that after that date it probably won't work. 

Uggh. That would be so annoying. I also had a Citibank card and our main bank is NAB. And now I have another NAB account t I simply didn't want nor need. 

1 hour ago, Sparrow3131 said:

All of our shore tours from Tangier on have now been reinstated but looks like at a different cost. In total an extra $240. I will know for sure when I get a refund for the ports that were cancelled. 

2 hours ago, Sparrow3131 said:

All of our shore tours from Tangier on have now been reinstated but looks like at a different cost. In total an extra $240. I will know for sure when I get a refund for the pots that were cancelled. 

Does your personal list of booked tours show an increased price, or is it on the tours page for new bookings? If your prices have increased, I would challenge the increase.

Edited by Aus Traveller

14 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Does your personal list of booked tours show an increased price, or is it on the tours page for new bookings? If your prices have increased, I would challenge the increase.

It's on my list and I will be having a conversation.

2 hours ago, Sparrow3131 said:

It's on my list and I will be having a conversation.

In the past I've often seen prices increase on excursions I've already booked, just as cruise fares may increase after you've booked. I very much doubt that you would have been charged those new prices - Princess did state that excursions would be reinstated at the original price. 

Note: when you look at your excursions list you see the excursion name and times for each port. When you click on "View Excursion Details" it takes you to the regular excursion booking page and the price shown is what someone booking that excursion that day would pay, not what you paid.

Actually I am now certain that our excursions are at the price we paid for them originally. 

All my excursions have reappeared. Some were booked using OBC and the only change to our available OBC is the $750pp we received for the itinerary change. You can't see this easily unless you go to book another excursion. A summary of excursion payments and balance of OBC available to use for new excursions shows on the payments page.

The OBC balance available on my account was exactly what I expected it to be therefore previous excursions must have been reinstated at the original prices.

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Actually I am now certain that our excursions are at the price we paid for them originally. 

All my excursions have reappeared. Some were booked using OBC and the only change to our available OBC is the $750pp we received for the itinerary change. You can't see this easily unless you go to book another excursion. A summary of excursion payments and balance of OBC available to use for new excursions shows on the payments page.

The OBC balance available on my account was exactly what I expected it to be therefore previous excursions must have been reinstated at the original prices.

You won't really know until you get a refund for the tours that were cancelled because of the changed itinerary, they might take any extra out of the refund to your card

41 minutes ago, Sparrow3131 said:

You won't really know until you get a refund for the tours that were cancelled because of the changed itinerary, they might take any extra out of the refund to your card

Tell me, when you book a cruise and then the fare goes up do you get charged extra? No, you don't. This is the same. You are worrying unnecessarily.