Tours for world cruise cancelled

20 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Tell me, when you book a cruise and then the fare goes up do you get charged extra? No, you don't. This is the same. You are worrying unnecessarily.

When I booked this cruise I paid $40 a day for plus  package but Princess changed the package and took away things that were advertised as included. So yes they can do what they want, we agreed to the contract. 

27 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Tell me, when you book a cruise and then the fare goes up do you get charged extra? No, you don't. This is the same. You are worrying unnecessarily.

On the WC last year I printed out details of my tour bookings as soon as I booked them. Later the prices went up, in one case by 100%. I was charged the price at which I booked. I agree with you Julie. It is likely that Sparrow has nothing to worry about. 

1 hour ago, Sparrow3131 said:

When I booked this cruise I paid $40 a day for plus  package but Princess changed the package and took away things that were advertised as included. So yes they can do what they want, we agreed to the contract. 

But they didn't force you to pay the extra for the new version of the package and, in fact, gave you $25pp OBC to cover one of the changes - the charge for using the app to order food or drinks.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But they didn't force you to pay the extra for the new version of the package and, in fact, gave you $25pp OBC to cover one of the changes - the charge for using the app to order food or drinks.

But they still took away items that were included when I booked the cruise.

4 hours ago, Sparrow3131 said:

But they still took away items that were included when I booked the cruise.

Alfredo's pop-up sea day lunch in Sabatinis and free Ocean Now delivery via the app. Yes, pretty lame, especially if you like pizza. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping that this is not the case but after spending 45 mins with a Princess call centre operator, I was told that her supervisor has said that cruise credits are refunded first and any payments made on my card are used to pay for tours that were reinstated therefore no refund to my card but still $3000+ onboard credits.

I'm hoping the refunds for all the excursions we had booked at the cancelled ports were refunded as OBC as the debit card we used for the rest of the bookings is no longer valid. We had enough OBC to cover all our new excursions, which surprised me, so maybe it was all refunded as OBC.  However I won't be able to track the rest until we're actually onboard due to the strange way Princess handles excursion bookings - ie what you pay for by credit/debit card goes onto your Princess account as purchased OBC then the excursions are debited off that as they are ticketed. It's all very confusing and a bit of a mess but hopefully they'll get it right in the end.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm hoping the refunds for all the excursions we had booked at the cancelled ports were refunded as OBC as the debit card we used for the rest of the bookings is no longer valid. We had enough OBC to cover all our new excursions, which surprised me, so maybe it was all refunded as OBC.  However I won't be able to track the rest until we're actually onboard due to the strange way Princess handles excursion bookings - ie what you pay for by credit/debit card goes onto your Princess account as purchased OBC then the excursions are debited off that as they are ticketed. It's all very confusing and a bit of a mess but hopefully they'll get it right in the end.

A problem I found with excursions on the world cruise is that only the segment (I would call it sector) you are currently on, are available to see either on your account or at the ShoreEx office.

24 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

A problem I found with excursions on the world cruise is that only the segment (I would call it sector) you are currently on, are available to see either on your account or at the ShoreEx office.

I was expecting that although it makes things a bit more complicated. 

I have a record of what prices I bought the excursions at but didn't track which ones I used OBC for as opposed to paying by debit card for. 

At least I know what to expect, re the way they process the charges, after the Japan cruise we did last year. That was the first time I really took notice of how the charging worked as many of the cruises we've done in the past we've booked very few excursions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 1:43 PM, Sparrow3131 said:

Hoping that this is not the case but after spending 45 mins with a Princess call centre operator, I was told that her supervisor has said that cruise credits are refunded first and any payments made on my card are used to pay for tours that were reinstated therefore no refund to my card but still $3000+ onboard credits.

Have just received an email saying that my tours are $390 more than the original prices and the extra will be taken from my onboard credits 

1 minute ago, Sparrow3131 said:

Have just received an email saying that my tours are $390 more than the original prices and the extra will be taken from my onboard credits 

How cheeky are they, wrong that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparrow3131 said:

Do you have a record of what the original prices were? If so take that and a printout of the email and once onboard demand to have that rectified. Princess should not be charging extra for excursions that were already paid for.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Do you have a record of what the original prices were? If so take that and a printout of the email and once onboard demand to have that rectified. Princess should not be charging extra for excursions that were already paid for.

Yes I do and yes I have.

• Like 2