LIVE * Discovery * 4-day West Coast Getaway

HBCcruiser

13 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

You never know. We got the upgrade for $200!

That's awesome!  Our minimum bid to go from a mini to a suite on Discovery in May is over $1000pp!

• Like 1

Another Romeo update. My TA told us to report what had happened to Guest services. I did but explained that I was surprised by the service we were receiving and that we had NEVER had an issue with Princess staff before. I told him I know how hard everyone works and that I usually tip upfront and at the end of each cruise, and make it a point to mention a good word on my survey. He was very apologetic, and said he would discretely take care of things. I told him it was not his fault but that we were nervous that there might be retaliation if handled wrong. He assured us that that would not happen. He was very kind.

At the end of the night we brought back bottles of water which were free from the bar. We had two bottles of wine as a trade out for the mini bars and more water in the fridge. Hopefully this is a good sign. ☺️

• Like 7

22 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I will say that the LA port is the worst. Same with LAX. All those taxes we pay too… sayin’😣

Not sure if it makes me happy or sad to hear that it wasn't just our trip last year which was a cluster.

17 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

IYKYK🐀❤️

IMG_5364.thumb.jpeg.668328a1919ad94a66a7f83570617ece.jpeg

😍🐀

That balcony is amazing! Not sure I would ever leave it so long as the sun is shining. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had lunch after boarding at Gigi's Pizzeria. The wait was only about 1/2 an hour. They gave us a pager and we went over to Bellini's bar and had a few drinks. I went for a double shot of Johnnie Walker Gold and the DW had 2 Johnnie Gingers and finished with a Island Breeze that was our bartenders (Jack) specialty drink. 

Ordered the Antipasto and La Sirena pizza. The DW ordered the Pizza Margherita and substituted the basil for red onion.

The food at Gigi's was very good and the service was fine.

I will post some pictures of the menu and food pictures. 

Happy Trails 🥃🥃🍹

20240216_084314.jpg

20240216_084504.jpg

20240216_084759.jpg

20240216_084640.jpg

20240215_150357.jpg

Edited by BigWaveDave87
  • Like 4

Went to Crooners later in the evening. Had the first if what will be many Dirty Martini's fir this trip. Was disappointed that the large olives are not available. I usually have a side with each drink. Instead the waiter gave me a glass filled with the small olives they are using. 

Happy Trails 🍸🍸🍸

20240215_220123.jpg

• Like 4

Arriving in San Diego at around 7:00 this morning.  It's amazing how smooth and delicately the crew can maneuver this giant chunk of steel to the dock. Of course it helps that the water was smooth, no wind, and bow thrusters.

Happy Trails 🛳

20240216_071250_1.jpg

20240216_071930.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@BigWaveDave87 yep we always went ( quite some time ago)to Crooners and got  the blue cheese stuffed olives. I love those -sad they only have the small ones for you on your cruise with the pimentos.

This was on the Royal Princess in Feb of 2020 just before Covid.

IMG_20200207_195904818.jpg

Edited by BigWaveDave87
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Please tell me that your soufflé was absolutely terrible. I’m allergic to dairy so I can never try any of the good stuff. I always tell my friends and family to order different things and let me know what they taste like and they always tell me that… It was terrible. 😂

It must just be me - okay, my wife as well - but every time we have tried a souffle on Princess it seemed to be essentially tasteless. Others seem to love them but we now always give them a pass. Sad as we really wanted to love them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Hoping positivity will help!

IMG_5407.jpeg

Thank you for including this picture. I know tipping is a personal and hot button topic so people can take or leave this. But it’s good to see what people others do in a candid way so I can figure out the way I want to show appreciation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

Went to Crooners later in the evening. Had the first if what will be many Dirty Martini's fir this trip. Was disappointed that the large olives are not available. I usually have a side with each drink. Instead the waiter gave me a glass filled with the small olives they are using. 

Happy Trails 🍸🍸🍸

20240215_220123.jpg

But happy to see that it was a generous portion

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

You went from an S4 to an S3 so you already had a suite. You just got an upgraded suite with a large balcony. I won't be able to upgrade from a Standard Balcony to a suite for $200. 😉

The mini suites on the Discovery are beautiful.  Maybe you should try for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

It must just be me - okay, my wife as well - but every time we have tried a souffle on Princess it seemed to be essentially tasteless. Others seem to love them but we now always give them a pass. Sad as we really wanted to love them.

The souffles on Princess used to be our absolute favorite desserts. But I must say on our cruises since COVID they have generally been a bit disappointing - tending to be overcooked and dry. The last one I got on our New Year's cruise was literally a hollow shell. If it weren't for the delicious sauce they pour in them, I think I would give up altogether, but I will keep hoping for improvement!