Elite happy hour

Chiliburn

2 minutes ago, doghog said:

IMO, not better. What is good is you have a choice. We are glad to see the CC is slowly reintroducing the CC HH in a reserved lounge from 5 to 7. Just wish it was like it was in the past instead of only a couple nights. Every night (except the first night). All our experiences have never been negative. Plenty of roving servers with drinks and snacks. Never went and got our own drinks or considered the lounge to be any nosier than any other bar/lounge. We have been getting the AI that includes the CBP and the BBB package before AI with the CBP. Even with the CBP we still attended the CC HH in the SL. We told the server what drink we wanted, showed our Seapass cards to verify we had the CBP and our drinks were brought to us. No biggie. 

Cheers. 🍻

You were luckier than I. My experiences were a lot different. Choices for wine were: red or white(total garbage IMO) regardless on bev package. It reminded me of a Carnival cruise with older drunks. My wife refused to go after a few cruises. I used to give my drink coupons away as I had no use for them.

I say as long as you enjoy it, so be it. Was just giving our experiences, and the worst was on Transatlantics!

5 minutes ago, highway180 said:

You were luckier than I. My experiences were a lot different.

Choices for wine were: red or white(total garbage IMO) regardless on bev package. It reminded me of a Carnival cruise with older drunks. My wife refused to go after a few cruises. I used to give my drink coupons away as I had no use for them.

I say as long as you enjoy it, so be it. Was just giving our experiences, and the worst was on Transatlantics!

Not lucky as I believe can't be lucky all the time. I felt I needed to express my (our) positive opinion and experiences with the CC HH in the SL.

Not sure what you mean. You said you had the PBP so no matter the bar or event the wines would be better as you would be requesting a specific wine and not getting one of the CC HH limited wines. 

Never been on Carnival. Not sure what being older has to do with drunks. Drunks come in all ages. 

Drink coupons on Celebrity? Those haven't been used in years. 

50 minutes ago, doghog said:

Not lucky as I believe can't be lucky all the time. I felt I needed to express my (our) positive opinion and experiences with the CC HH in the SL.

Not sure what you mean. You said you had the PBP so no matter the bar or event the wines would be better as you would be requesting a specific wine and not getting one of the CC HH limited wines. 

Never been on Carnival. Not sure what being older has to do with drunks. Drunks come in all ages. 

Drink coupons on Celebrity? Those haven't been used in years. 

You were referring to the old CC HH in the SL

you had to order your drinks from that venue

Older demographic on Celebrity

Especially on Transatlantic

Not sure what you couldn't follow

if they bring it back...great!

Not something we would bother with

cheers

• Haha 1

We always enjoyed the Elite HH in the Sky Lounge.  Wonderful opportunity to unwind, and to meet up with new friends before dinner, especially when we were not dining together.  The CC rep would be so welcoming too, making a point to meet everyone. Made us feel Celebrity appreciated our loyalty, every night.  Do hope we see it again, soon!

• Like 2

This was held in the Sky Lounge about 5 times on a 9 nite cruise in Jan., and Feb. on Equinox. Absolutely NO canapes. Just cheap drinks.  Ruined our usual pre-dinner drinks in Sky Lounge for us as at about 4:45 the area along the windows on the starboard side began to be roped off for the" event" and they would close the bar in prep for dispensing the very limited drinks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, highway180 said:

You were referring to the old CC HH in the SL

you had to order your drinks from that venue

Older demographic on Celebrity

Especially on Transatlantic

Not sure what you couldn't follow

if they bring it back...great!

Not something we would bother with

cheers

Wrong! In the past you did not have to order the CC HH drinks from the limited CC HH menu if you wanted to use your BP for drinks during the CC HH in the SL. The server takes the order, orders the drinks from the SL bar tender and brings them to ya. Speaking from experience, no matter the ship

The CC has brought back the CC HH in a lounge to be announced. Ship specific. The event is now limited to only a couple nights. Your choice not to attend. We all have that choice. 

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, capsplace said:

Perhaps we should write to the new President.  Maybe it’ll make a difference?

Well, she has asked for questions, supposedly for the webinar, but no questions were answered.

55 minutes ago, 39august said:

This was not limited to "a couple of nights" on Equinox. See my post #30 above. 

I've read it here on CC by others who have also attended. Maybe your cruise was a one off. We'll find out in September on the Edge. Another source.

https://www-royalcaribbeanblog-com.webpkgcache.com/doc/-/s/www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/10/27/celebrity-cruises-adding-customer-loyalty-lounge-weeklong-cruises

7 hours ago, doghog said:

I've read it here on CC by others who have also attended. Maybe your cruise was a one off. We'll find out in September on the Edge. Another source.

https://www-royalcaribbeanblog-com.webpkgcache.com/doc/-/s/www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/10/27/celebrity-cruises-adding-customer-loyalty-lounge-weeklong-cruises

there seems to be confusion here about how the revised system works.

Every night except on boarding day Elite drinks are available in most bars around the ship from 5 to 7. Whichever bar you choose Elite drinks are from the same limited menu. No snacks, nibbles etc are offered in any bar as part of this nightly service The drinks are also available in Sky Lounge where it would appear from the OP that in order to make it easier for the staff the ship decided to segregate the passengers into different areas: Elite in one area other guests in another. 

In addition to the above: on one or two nights there is an additional event which is more like the old style gathering in Sky Lounge and which includes the nibbles etc. The venue for this event varies from ship to ship depending on the number of Elite's on board. On the nights when this extra event is held you can still get the Elite drinks at all the other bars. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

there seems to be confusion here about how the revised system works.

Every night except on boarding day Elite drinks are available in most bars around the ship from 5 to 7. Whichever bar you choose Elite drinks are from the same limited menu. No snacks, nibbles etc are offered in any bar as part of this nightly service The drinks are also available in Sky Lounge where it would appear from the OP that in order to make it easier for the staff the ship decided to segregate the passengers into different areas: Elite in one area other guests in another. 

In addition to the above: on one or two nights there is an additional event which is more like the old style gathering in Sky Lounge and which includes the nibbles etc. The venue for this event varies from ship to ship depending on the number of Elite's on board. On the nights when this extra event is held you can still get the Elite drinks at all the other bars. 

Everything you posted I'm very familiar with. I'm very familiar  how the post-covid CC HH has been working. I very familiar with the shorted version of the CC HH in a lounge to be named depending on the class of ship that started in January of this year. 

6 hours ago, doghog said:

Everything you posted I'm very familiar with. I'm very familiar  how the post-covid CC HH has been working. I very familiar with the shorted version of the CC HH in a lounge to be named depending on the class of ship that started in January of this year. 

I wasn't questioning your understanding but responding to the OP (39 August) comments and your attempt to clarify the situation which didn't seem to have worked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:58 PM, 39august said:

This was held in the Sky Lounge about 5 times on a 9 nite cruise in Jan., and Feb. on Equinox. Absolutely NO canapes. Just cheap drinks.  Ruined our usual pre-dinner drinks in Sky Lounge for us as at about 4:45 the area along the windows on the starboard side began to be roped off for the" event" and they would close the bar in prep for dispensing the very limited drinks. 

Hi,

I agree with your post.

I would like to add to your "Absolutely NO canapes". IMO the

Celebrity HH canapés are PATHETIC. Try a RCL cruise as

a Diamond member The food at HH is AWESOME! Also

the drinks are better! Having a dedicated Diamond lounge

also helps!

Bill

• Like 2

7 hours ago, the penguins said:

I wasn't questioning your understanding but responding to the OP (39 August) comments and your attempt to clarify the situation which didn't seem to have worked.

What I posted was very easy to understand.

Edited by doghog

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2024 at 10:27 AM, CruisingTheWaves said:

Will ask to see if we can get it this time. I loved the pitcher because it didn't require me to remember to get water from one of the bars or the Retreat Lounge before heading for bed.

Were you able to get a nightly pitcher of water in the cabin?