Live Review Koningsdam Feb 17-March 23, 2024. Hawaii/Tahiti

Posted (edited)

@BermudaBound2014 I was on the Tahiti by Boat with SonuvaBeach but he was also going the next day as well.  Just wasn’t sure which day he took those if he saw the same stuff both days.  And I didn’t read it properly that he took them on March 7th which was the one we were on with him. B

Edited by canadianbear
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

@BermudaBound2014 I was on the Tahiti by Boat with SonuvaBeach but he was also going the next day as well.  Just wasn’t sure which day he took those if he saw the same stuff both days.  

of course! I am getting all the days confused. I swear I’m getting dumber by the day. I was not impressed with the snorkeling tour I did on Papette. It was nothing like Raiatea. Would you do Tahiti by boat again? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canadianbear said:

@SonuvaBeach

Was such a great excursion yesterday. Awesome photos!  Was that from yesterday or today?   I got some yesterday but not as good as yours.  

Those are from March 7...today was even better!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Those are from March 7...today was even better!!

I’m sorry I misread your post & realized after it was March 7.  Glad it was better today!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

of course! I am getting all the days confused. I swear I’m getting dumber by the day. I was not impressed with the snorkeling tour I did on Papette. It was nothing like Raiatea. Would you do Tahiti by boat again? 

Which HAL tour did you do that was disappointing?  We are booked for the Tahiti Lagoon Discovery next year.  We’re also doing the Coral Garden Drift Snorkel in Raiatea….super excited about that one.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

we were on Tahiti by Boat with everyone on the 8th. It was wonderful. I would do it again. We didn’t get to see the dolphins doing any spins but the rest was great. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Photos from yesterdays tour around Tahiti. Booked with Eden tours. I’ll add all the contact info/prices for those interested once I get back to my desktop and can access my pdf files, but you can google it if you want the info sooner.  

We did an entire circumnavigation of the island. Most tours do east coast one day and west coast another. It was a full 6 hours. Very comfortable air conditioned van.

Our driver was the owner of the company. He is retired military. Born and raised in Tahiti. Gave great background on the island including the politics involving France. 

We visited an ancient sacrifice temple, tikis, grotto, 2 waterfalls, Paul Gauguin park where he painted, a blowhole, and black sand beach. Information/history was on point. Bottled water provided. I’d Recommend it for first time visitors  -

unedited Pics below… 

0392938D-007E-418E-A910-16C58797A10E.jpeg

F7A7BE7D-5E66-410C-A1EC-CD911B686250.jpeg

0318D7D9-9C29-447C-AF81-1A8DB34A347E.jpeg

0B06DFE7-CDA8-4E06-ACE1-EE71D18CD38F.jpeg

55641BD2-0260-4C7E-8093-C4F728A24F2B.jpeg

EFA855F5-8D73-4833-AC6D-549B1A97A273.jpeg

A09738A8-69BC-4C11-8953-7077BF3A7192.jpeg

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 17

2 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Photos from yesterdays tour around Tahiti. Booked with Eden tours. I’ll add all the contact info/prices for those interested once I get back to my desktop and can access my pdf files, but you can google it if you want the info sooner.  

We did an entire circumnavigation of the island. Most tours do east coast one day and west coast another. It was a full 6 hours. Very comfortable air conditioned van.

Our driver was the owner of the company. He is retired military. Born and raised in Tahiti. Gave great background on the island including the politics involving France. 

We visited an ancient sacrifice temple, tikis, grotto, 2 waterfalls, Paul Gauguin park where he painted, a blowhole, and black sand beach. Information/history was on point. Bottled water provided. I’d Recommend it for first time visitors  -unedited Pics below… 

0392938D-007E-418E-A910-16C58797A10E.jpeg

F7A7BE7D-5E66-410C-A1EC-CD911B686250.jpeg

0318D7D9-9C29-447C-AF81-1A8DB34A347E.jpeg

0B06DFE7-CDA8-4E06-ACE1-EE71D18CD38F.jpeg

IMG_3516.MOV

55641BD2-0260-4C7E-8093-C4F728A24F2B.jpeg

EFA855F5-8D73-4833-AC6D-549B1A97A273.jpeg

A09738A8-69BC-4C11-8953-7077BF3A7192.jpeg

I am interested. My email is melcoates37@gmail.com. if you have time but if not I can wait. 😁

Just now, coatesm said:

I am interested. My email is melcoates37@gmail.com. if you have time but if not I can wait. 😁

I can’t access those documents until I get home as they are on my desktop. They are posted in this years roll call thread if you don’t want to wait. 

And please don’t take this the wrong way, i do not want to come across as bossy (which is sometimes easy to do online without voice inflections and a smile). I am just trying to be able to keep up and when your quote includes all my photos it actually slows down and sometimes freezes up the ships internet.

If folks could please try to remember to delete photos in their responses it helps all of us who are posting from the ship. I know it’s hard. I’ve made the mistake myself. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@BermudaBound2014...   have truly been "reliving" last years cruise thru you, and this latest post was spot on!  We did this exact tour with roll call friends, and he was so good... it was scenic, interesting, and very enjoyable.  Your photos captured it well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, singleflyer said:

Random question.  Have you seen people using the Coke "Freestyle" self service machines?  I'll be on Kdam later this month and wondering if they are working.

They have not been in operation on this cruise.  No self service of any kind.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I can’t access those documents until I get home as they are on my desktop. They are posted in this years roll call thread if you don’t want to wait. 

And please don’t take this the wrong way, i do not want to come across as bossy (which is sometimes easy to do online without voice inflections and a smile). I am just trying to be able to keep up and when your quote includes all my photos it actually slows down and sometimes freezes up the ships internet.

If folks could please try to remember to delete photos in their responses it helps all of us who are posting from the ship. I know it’s hard. I’ve made the mistake myself. 

Not bossy at all. I didn't know that was a problem. I am glad you told me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2024 at 10:37 PM, SonuvaBeach said:

For those of you who were on TAHITIBYBOAT on March 8. here a a few photos. I hope you like them

Great pics!Was Tahiti by Boat a HAL excursion?  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, singleflyer said:

Random question.  Have you seen people using the Coke "Freestyle" self service machines?  I'll be on Kdam later this month and wondering if they are working.

They were not working Dec & Jan.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, singleflyer said:

Do not count on it... 

• Like 3

@danoggTahiti by Boat is not HAL- search internet.  We did a sunset cruise with them first night in Tahiti. Small boat, just the 4 of us (room for others). Water, wine, beer, juice with small quiches. Luckily an awesome sunset. The next morning, my DH and SIL were on the first morning snorkel, which some folks missed. Their boat is not marked. I had to call to find them for the sunset cruise- they came right to the pier by the ship. DH told me they went back to the dock a couple times and asked numerous strangers looking for the folks who missed the snorkel the next morning.  Responsive by email, but I would call when you are on the dock. Don’t wait out by the tour buses- but on the dock. We enjoyed their tours.

• Like 4