Day passes for cabanas and the retreat?

We are new to Princess and just booked a april cruise on Enchanted princess. We are unfamiliar with how cabanas and the retreat work but on X and NCL you have to book the haven and retreat with the cabins, but that doesnt seem to be the case with princess or at least the rep we talked to on the phone said that we could book cabanas and access to the retreat once we board the ship.  Can someone explain how that works because you cant do that with the other 2 lines i mentioned.

Thanks

As far as the Cabanas in the Sanctuary, you booked them on the ship as soon as you board.  This is done in-person at the Sanctuary.  They are $220 per day. 

Below are photos from the Enchanted this past November.

20231206_113311.thumb.jpg.97347687b7bcd793a298262c2643f138.jpg

20231206_113303.thumb.jpg.4c28b146e73095e087762bc107d0734e.jpg

20231206_113328.thumb.jpg.d2b7a9e18df8e9f6638bac6a94476cde.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

As far as the Cabanas in the Sanctuary, you booked them on the ship as soon as you board.  This is done in-person at the Sanctuary.  They are $220 per day. 

Awesome and thank you for the pics.  Thats exactly what we were looking for.  Do you know about how many there are?  We would definitely do multiple days if available.  thx again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 20165 said:

Awesome and thank you for the pics.  Thats exactly what we were looking for.  Do you know about how many there are?  We would definitely do multiple days if available.  thx again

I believe there are 10 of them on the Enchanted.  On our voyage, the Cabanas were never sold out.  

43 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I believe there are 10 of them on the Enchanted.  On our voyage, the Cabanas were never sold out.  

awesome, thanks again.  Celebrity edge class ships have similar cabanas although these look a bit more private.  price seems very reasonable too because i think we did pay a bit more on celebrity. 

• Like 1

Most people know that the loungers can be all sold out very very quickly...  especially since those who are sailing back-2-back, and are onboard the prior sailing, can book beforehand.

People literally line up to board as soon as they possibly can, and take the quickest route directly up to the Sanctuary, hoping that the days and loungers they want might be available.

The cabanas seem to have a better chance of availability, possibly due to the cost.

We do not wish to pay that much per day for a cabana...  but with very slim chance of loungers being available on our next cruise on Enchanted  (boarding for the second half of a 20 day voyage). we will definitely consider that if any are available.

If you rent a cabana, make sure to get to know the staff and be ready to let them serve you....

They will be more 'available' based on the perceived message from the guests.

Enjoy!

Additional information. There are also lounges in the Sanctuary. They are $20/half day, $40/full day and $30/day if you book the entire cruise. They are 1st come, 1st to select. When boarding you have to go directly to the sanctuary before you do anything else. It's all the way forward on deck 18. There will be many passengers that booked these 7 day voyages b2b. b2b passengers are able to book the sanctuary on the final day of their initial voyage. The sanctuary is popular on tropical cruises.

You mention the Retreat. The Retreat Pool is an adult pool one deck below the sanctuary. It's open to all. There is no pool in the sanctuary. There is a hot tub. 

7 minutes ago, skynight said:

Additional information. There are also lounges in the Sanctuary. They are $20/half day, $40/full day and $30/day if you book the entire cruise. They are 1st come, 1st to select. When boarding you have to go directly to the sanctuary before you do anything else. It's all the way forward on deck 18. There will be many passengers that booked these 7 day voyages b2b. b2b passengers are able to book the sanctuary on the final day of their initial voyage. The sanctuary is popular on tropical cruises.

You mention the Retreat. The Retreat Pool is an adult pool one deck below the sanctuary. It's open to all. There is no pool in the sanctuary. There is a hot tub. 

Thank you and the Retreat throws us off because it means something very different on X.  I think we are looking for a cabana for 2-3 days of the cruise so fingers crossed they will be available. To the other posters point, hopefully the higher cost than the loungers will give us a better chance.

thanks again

Now I am interested in the Sanctuary Cabana if I don’t have to make a horse race to book them. (I will go first thing but no status so wouldn’t be one of the first)

When one rents a cabana is it for your cabin or how many? Those cabanas look large and we are traveling with 2 other couples. I am sure all 6 wouldn’t go but can 4? I thought the loungers were priced for 2. Can we pay for more (4) in a cabana if only priced for 2? That is a lot of space for 2

3 minutes ago, tulok said:

When one rents a cabana is it for your cabin or how many?

We have seen them shared by four people on several occasions.  I don't think they would allow or accommodate more than four? 🤷‍♂️  I have yet to see all of the Cabanas booked on any cruise, so you should not have a problem booking one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

If your picture had panned a little bit more to the left, we would have been in the photo... 

Edited by shellbeachjim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tulok said:

Now I am interested in the Sanctuary Cabana if I don’t have to make a horse race to book them. (I will go first thing but no status so wouldn’t be one of the first)

When one rents a cabana is it for your cabin or how many? Those cabanas look large and we are traveling with 2 other couples. I am sure all 6 wouldn’t go but can 4? I thought the loungers were priced for 2. Can we pay for more (4) in a cabana if only priced for 2? That is a lot of space for 2

Cabanas are for two people only.  Outside of the cabana, you are provided with only two loungers.  I have never seen more than two people in them.  They cost approximately $220.00 per day.  Not sure if they’re available half days.

They’re really not that large.  A small sofa and chair with a small table and a mini fridge and a tv that you have to use ear buds to listen.  There aren’t that many cabanas and they book very quickly, so you will need to put your fastest shoes on.  We usually just get two loungers for the entire cruise.  The common area chairs and sofas and tables are for everyone.  Service is lovely and afternoon tea at 3:00 is very nice.  

The cabanas do only have two loungers in front of each, but there is seating inside.

I have always understood that they can accommodate four... 

If one is respectful, and there is only two of you,  they might allow you to have a couple to visit with you for a while when you are there.

Technically,  four adults could be in the same stateroom.

This is expected to be a quiet relaxation area...  So any louder conversations and social interactions are to be quiet and low-key.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Cabanas are for two people only.  Outside of the cabana, you are provided with only two loungers.  I have never seen more than two people in them.  They cost approximately $220.00 per day.  Not sure if they’re available half days.

They’re really not that large.  A small sofa and chair with a small table and a mini fridge and a tv that you have to use ear buds to listen.  There aren’t that many cabanas and they book very quickly, so you will need to put your fastest shoes on.  We usually just get two loungers for the entire cruise.  The common area chairs and sofas and tables are for everyone.  Service is lovely and afternoon tea at 3:00 is very nice.  

They will allow 4 guests but they will charge the daily or half day lounger rate for the extra two.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Cabanas are for two people only.

Sorry, but that is not accurate.  As I previously commented, we have seen four people in one Cabana on several cruises.  There are only two loungers in front of the Cabana.  There is a couch and two chairs inside the Cabana.

I don't know what (or if) they were charged for the two additional people? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Sorry, but that is not accurate.  As I previously commented, we have seen four people in one Cabana on several cruises.  There are only two loungers in front of the Cabana.  There is a couch and two chairs inside the Cabana.

Well it was accurate the day I was there. I guess it depends on who and when you ask.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

This is expected to be a quiet relaxation area...

I am well past my partying days and relaxation is the only reason I would go. There are plenty other places onboard for visiting.

We would be fine paying for the other couple if they let four, but I am not going to try and beat people to get one so this is probably a no-go. Both of our jobs are high stress so we try to keep vacation stress at a minimum. When we board I will go up and check and if there is one we will get one, if not, we will enjoy the cruise without one. We can make our own Sanctuary with our opened adjoining balconies. 🙂

• Like 1

Can someone tell me that has rented a cabana if it comes with a waiter?  On Edge, we had a waiter that would bring drinks, food, etc and would tidy it up when we were away from the cabana.  Maybe being able to order from the app makes that unnecessary??

Also, as far as cost goes, i dont disagree that its pricy, but definitely in line with other cruise lines.  Our cabin on Edge last year was $300.

13 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Thank you for the correction.  In my many times in the Sanctuary I’ve not seen four people in the Cabanas.  Clearly it’s allowed, just not taken advantage of very often.  My bad for assuming.

• Like 1

There are attendants for everyone in the Sanctuary.  They will come around and ask you if you need drinks or food. Same with addtional towels or blankets.  They also serve afternoon tea and remove used dishes. On our cruise in December there were five people who handled everyone in the Sanctuary, not just those in the cabanas (the same ones every day).

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 10:46 AM, Wishing on a star said:

If you rent a cabana, make sure to get to know the staff and be ready to let them serve you....

They will be more 'available' based on the perceived message from the guests.

Great tip! 

Is it 4 people per cabana?

If you rent a cabana for the day, how do your guests access the cabana? Just accompany you? Would I be able to have a couple join us in the morning and a different couple in the afternoon?

NO...  I would say that two visitors in the morning and two in the afternoon is not really allowed.

As loungers can be rented by the 1/2 day,  then two different 'visitors' for each 1/2 day would be allowing non-paying guests to be there with the same consideration as paying guests.

I would not consider doing that.   

There seems to be some uncertainty about whether the cabana is for 2 guests, or 4 guests (per stateroom).  I can't say that I know for sure.    I do not know if there is any specific info to be found on Princess????  

Perhaps those that say it is for 2 guests, for sure.. can confirm that again.  Perhaps they have seen policy or they have asked if 4 guests are allowed..  AND, if it matters if it is guests who are all in your same stateroom?

Perhaps those 3rd and 4th guests have been visitors for a little while?  Or perhaps they have actually reserved loungers, but are also cruising with the couple that have reserved the cabana.

We do know that it is not that uncommon to see 3 or 4 people.

If you want to have a couple of your fellow cruisers stop-by  for a while, I would definitely clear this with the staff.   I have seen that they can be accommodating.  But, will want to uphold the main policies about paid access only, and 'relaxation area'.  

59 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

The afternoon tea is the best!  I loved seeing that trolly with all those sumptuous goodies.  And, tea in proper tea cups!  The highlight of my day in the Sanctuary.

Yes!  Those little mini-tarts with berries...  just perfect!!!!

• Like 1