Disembark a Day Early

lauramay2101

Hi all,

My husband & I have booked the Alaska Dawes cruise in July round trip from Seattle. We are in Canada for a family wedding, which has now unfortunately been brought forward a day, as we were planning on disembarking the cruise and flying the day before the wedding. Now, the wedding is on the day we disembark and a 4hr flight away from Seattle. Our final day is in Victoria. Would we be allowed to disembark the cruise a day early and fly from Victoria instead?

Thank you!!

My opinion, depending on how closely related you are

either skip wedding because THEY changed date.

OR use your travel insurance to cancel 'for any reason' and rebook cruise under less stressful conditions.

Edited by newcruzer2

I've done it before and it may be possible and you may have to pay a fine and a processing fee.   You need to call Celebrity and they have to check regulations and port customs and immigration availability.   A fine may apply if they approve and you are violating the Cabotage.

Not knowing your full itinerary, the problem may be that the Canadian Port of Victoria (if your only Non-US Port)  may be your required the required Foreign Port under the Cabotage Act.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

the problem may be that the Canadian Port of Victoria (if your only Non-US Port)  may be your required the required Foreign Port under the Cabotage Act.

That would most definitely not be the issue. Debarking in Victoria would mean the PVSA doesn't even apply because you're no longer departing and arriving at a U.S. port.

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

The other concern is what happens if Victoria is missed?

Then the entire cruise would not be legal (unless thery substituted another Canadian port).

Edited by mahasamatman

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've done it before and it may be possible and you may have to pay a fine and a processing fee.   You need to call Celebrity and they have to check regulations and port customs and immigration availability.   A fine may apply if they approve and you are violating the Cabotage.

Not knowing your full itinerary, the problem may be that the Canadian Port of Victoria (if your only Non-US Port)  may be your required the required Foreign Port under the Cabotage Act.

You cant be violating PVSA If you start in Seattle and end in Victoria. So there would be no fine.

2 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Then the entire cruise would not be legal (unless thery substituted another Canadian port).

They'll sail close enough for a pilot boat to come out to get the paperwork signed that they went to Victoria to satisfy the PVSA. While rare, it does happen that a ship can't dock.