LIVE FROM — Reflection, February 17

What A Market

9 minutes ago, cocosmum said:

Thanks for your thoughts and photos. We board in April so all very relevant and much appreciated.

When we disembark, we're staying at hotel in FLL for a few days. The plan was to grab an Uber/Lyft from the port but it sounds like they may be hard to come by???  If we pre-ordered for a certain time how do you make sure you're actually off the ship at the right time? 

It may make sense for you to try the unassisted departure where you carry off your own luggage.  They are the first group to disembark after the ship arrives so timing the departure may be a little easier. 

16 minutes ago, High on the Seas said:

It may make sense for you to try the unassisted departure where you carry off your own luggage.  They are the first group to disembark after the ship arrives so timing the departure may be a little easier. 

Thanks. Given we can't check in to our hotel until the afternoon (although they will store our bags), we don't mind staying on board until as late as possible - such a hardship I know!!  Is there anyway of getting a late disembarkation time and hopefully with less people there should be more Ubers around.  

1 minute ago, cocosmum said:

Thanks. Given we can't check in to our hotel until the afternoon (although they will store our bags), we don't mind staying on board until as late as possible - such a hardship I know!!  Is there anyway of getting a late disembarkation time and hopefully with less people there should be more Ubers around.  

If you pick up your luggage from the port area you can ask guest relations to give you a high luggage tag number. On the cruise that just ended they had numbers as high as 40. That would delay your departure as long as possible from the ship. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, High on the Seas said:

On our way with an assist from local law enforcement. Guessing someone got to close to us as we were leaving Ft. Lauderdale. 

That happens every day when the ships leave.

Bon voyage!

2 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

That happens every day when the ships leave.

Bon voyage!

We only cruise once a year and seeing the Sheriff’s boat come down the canal at a high rate of speed with lights flashing and stop the other craft was a first for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High on the Seas said:

We only cruise once a year and seeing the Sheriff’s boat come down the canal at a high rate of speed with lights flashing and stop the other craft was a first for me. 

Usually it's the Coast Guard with the guy at the gun in the front of the boat. 😉

2 hours ago, cocosmum said:

that would be between 9 and 9:30 am

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, High on the Seas said:

get a porter.. they will get u through quickly and get you into a taxi.. well worth the tip!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, High on the Seas said:

If you pick up your luggage from the port area you can ask guest relations to give you a high luggage tag number. On the cruise that just ended they had numbers as high as 40. That would delay your departure as long as possible from the ship. 

but you will still have to vacate your cabin

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cocosmum said:

Thanks for your thoughts and photos. We board in April so all very relevant and much appreciated.

When we disembark, we're staying at hotel in FLL for a few days. The plan was to grab an Uber/Lyft from the port but it sounds like they may be hard to come by???  If we pre-ordered for a certain time how do you make sure you're actually off the ship at the right time? 

Great question. 
I guess I would normally pre-order. But it did take longer to disembark than I thought it would. Really long line of passengers backed up to get out. That said it probably only took 20 minutes. Next time I will pre-order car, but the airport shuttle was a great option. Only $11.00 per person. 

12 hours ago, buzz031 said:

Was this easy to find?

Yes and no.

No for me because I hadn’t even considered this an option, so didn’t know what to look for.

This is for Terminal 29.

These vans (large newer Sprinter vans) pull up to curb area on the left as you exit terminal.

They are parked at the very end of the awning before you walk out to the taxi stand.

Basically where the Uber drivers start lining, but again, left side.

Not sure if some people had made reservations or not.

When I finally figured out these vans were shared taxis, I asked driver if he had room for two more. He said “Yep.”  We were last two in the van.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, wiredforflight said:

Is that $29 for 2 bags per person or for 2 bags per room?

Good question.

I wasn’t really sure what I would be charged. (Other than I knew it was $29 for something….)

Looks like I was charged $29 for the two bags.

Other airline charges, per bag, were applicable.

There were exemptions from the added fees.  One of them was flying First Class.

This service at $29 was awesome.

I will definitely use again wherever available.

Edited by What A Market
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, What A Market said:

Great question. 
I guess I would normally pre-order. But it did take longer to disembark than I thought it would. Really long line of passengers backed up to get out. That said it probably only took 20 minutes. Next time I will pre-order car, but the airport shuttle was a great option. Only $11.00 per person. 

FYI: Last time when we were in FLL we pre-ordered an Uber but got hung up in line for Customs for 30 minutes.  Uber driver left 2 minutes before we got outside.  We had to order a second Uber, who arrived within 5 minutes, and were charged for BOTH.  The second Uber turned out to be half the price of the pre-ordered one!  Hope this helps you in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 6:56 AM, hcat said:

I like the idea of the tags but we could not figure out what we needed to buy with our Samsung phones..maybe Best Buy can help?

Type “air tags for Samsung” into google or Amazon and it will tell you about “Tile” or “SmartTag”. And yes, I think Best Buy will help.

I use Tile tags from Best Buy, with Samsung phones. They work well. But you have to remember that they have to be "found" by other phones to be tracked and signal be sent to you. 

6 hours ago, MrBill923 said:

I use Tile tags from Best Buy, with Samsung phones. They work well. But you have to remember that they have to be "found" by other phones to be tracked and signal be sent to you. 

Thsnk you for replies above.

Not sure what this Tile entails,  but we will check at Best buy before our next trip.

We want to be able to track our suitcases..easiest way possible.

For short cruises, walk off still an option but longer cruises involve putting  luggage out night before we disembark