Freestyle Coke Machines on Rotterdam?

graceinga

Hi Everyone - We are booked on the Rotterdam for 4/7 and cannot wait.  The Holland website says that only the Koningsdam has the Freestyle Coke machines but I thought I read somewhere else that the Rotterdam also has them.  I know it seems silly but this matters to my hubby.  Can anyone confirm if the Rotterdam has them and if they do, where are they located on the ship?  His only vice is Mtn. Dew Zero and if they really have those machines he will be thrilled.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, graceinga said:

His only vice is Mtn. Dew Zero and if they really have those machines he will be thrilled.  Thanks!

As another Diet Mt Dew addict, I can assure you that HAL does not offer it on any of its ships.  

On our Rotterdam 10 day cruise in March 2023 the Freestyle machine was there but it only fully worked a couple days.  The rest of the time it only dispensed ice or a few other products (not Diet Coke) like Poweraid. 

The machines (they are on all Pinnacle class ships) are only available if you have purchased the Coca-Cola package.  With that package you get a cup (somewhat nice tumbler with lid) that has an RFID chip embedded in it.  The RFID chip has an expiration date, so the machine reads the chip and then knows if it is a valid cup.

There are time limits so you can't use it twice within 15-20 minutes (I don't remember the exact times), but other than that it is available 24x7 (when it's working).  When it ran out of Diet Coke, I told one of the bartenders and within an hour or two it had been restocked.

P.S. I've pointed out that the package still says it's limited to the Koningsdam several times, but the text hasn't been updated in something like 5-6 years!

When I wished to purchase the pkg I inquired I’d the machine has tonic,answer yes.   But wrong answer.   No problem I got it at any bar.   Did not have a time frame between fill ups, took along last years cup also.  Good pkg.  

Just now, highscar said:

When I wished to purchase the pkg I inquired I’d the machine has tonic,answer yes.   But wrong answer.   No problem I got it at any bar.   Did not have a time frame between fill ups, took along last years cup also.  Good pkg.  

I checked with bar tenders and all was good     

1 hour ago, fusion927 said:

The machines (they are on all Pinnacle class ships) are only available if you have purchased the Coca-Cola package.

Are the machines included under the Elite BP, or only with the Coca-Cola package?

43 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Are the machines included under the Elite BP, or only with the Coca-Cola package?

Assuming the package text is correct on the website, Elite includes all the lower level packages.

You may note that one word is in bold and italics. That's just a little scepticism.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Best I can say is 'maybe'.  The one time we hade the elite BP (or either alcohol BP), was on the Rotterdam's inaugural TA.  On that cruise, the FreeStyle machine was not available (what I heard was they needed to get to the US to get supplies).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Assuming the package text is correct on the website, Elite includes all the lower level packages.

You may note that one word is in bold and italics. That's just a little scepticism.

Gasp! Are you suggesting a possible error or inconsistency on HAL's website? Encroyable!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fusion927 said:

The machines (they are on all Pinnacle class ships) are only available if you have purchased the Coca-Cola package.  With that package you get a cup (somewhat nice tumbler with lid) that has an RFID chip embedded in it.  The RFID chip has an expiration date, so the machine reads the chip and then knows if it is a valid cup.

There are time limits so you can't use it twice within 15-20 minutes (I don't remember the exact times), but other than that it is available 24x7 (when it's working).  When it ran out of Diet Coke, I told one of the bartenders and within an hour or two it had been restocked.

P.S. I've pointed out that the package still says it's limited to the Koningsdam several times, but the text hasn't been updated in something like 5-6 years!

Thank you for the explanation.

So, I am a big time Diet Dew fan.  I can add a tiny ray of sunshine for the original poster.  The freestyle machines with Coke products (at least the one on Nieuw Statendam) dispensed Mello Yellow Zero.  Not an exact match, but I enjoyed it!  When you purchase the fountain soda package, you get a special tumbler that has a chip in it and that is the only way fountain soda is dispensed.  You will have to ask for one if you purchased HIA and I do not know whether or not they will provide one if you did not purchase the fountain package in a stand alone way.  Maybe someone else here knows the answer to that from experience?