QUESTIONS ABOUT PARKING AT PORT EVERGLADES

In the past my husband and I have always flown to Ft. Lauderdale a day early before cruising, but this year we are driving from North Carolina.  We will be spending the night before the cruise in West Palm Beach, leaving us about an hour to drive to the port the next morning.  We will be sailing on the Silhouette on February 26th, which I think means we will need to find how to get to Terminal 25 to drop off our luggage.  Then comes the problem of parking.  Can anyone advise us on the parking situation at the port...such as which parking garage is the closest to the Silhouette, do we need to make reservations to park, will there be handicapped places to park in or near the garage, do the garages ever fill up and where do you park if they are already full upon your arrival?  Any answers to these questions will be much appreciated.  Also any extra advice or information that I might not have addressed will be welcome.

We generally arrange to park our car at the hotel where we stay the night before the cruise and then Uber or Lyft from the hotel to the port and back. Since DH has a back issue, it's worth it to us for the convenience of being dropped off/picked up at the terminal without having to handle our luggage. Often the hotel offers reasonable parking and the combination parking/Uber cost combined with the convenience of having someone else handle the luggage works out better. Just a though you might want to consider.

I've always used Park N Go just outside the Everglades port gate.  Cheaper with a prepaid reservation than just showing up.  You pull up to the carport. They unload your luggage and put it on the van going to your ship.

They pull up to the porters who take the luggage so you don't need to handle them.  Just tip and enter the terminal.

On the disembarkation, they pick you up quickly and drop you in front of your parked vehicle in their lot. They even help you with the luggage to the trunk.

On one cruise I disembarked early, they picked me up and I was the only one on the van which immediately proceeded to the parking lot.

Since that is my favorite port parking, they also have frequent parking that gives me a free day for every 10.  I also combine it with their Park N Go at Orlando airport.  They give a small bottle of water for each passenger as you exit the lot.

• Like 2

We drop off luggage at terminal 25 and park in the garage across from the terminal. Very convenient but 25 per night. No reservations needed and very hard to get a hdcp parking spot. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

We drop off luggage at terminal 25 and park in the garage across from the terminal. Very convenient but 25 per night. No reservations needed and very hard to get a hdcp parking spot. 

I've paid about $10-$12 per night (including taxes and fees) depending upon how far out the reservation is paid.

Their website and vans are yellow. That's how I know I'm at the correct location.
https://www.bookparkngo.com/

32 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

You'll park in the Palm Garage, formerly the Midport garage, for $20/night. There are handicapped spots, but they might fill up.

Parking info: https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/

I am confused by the responses.

Is it the .Midport garage  right across from ships OR the one near  Terminal 25 ( which we dislike)  ?  Our Silho cruise is a short cruise , so we will not be burdened with much luggage..like we were for Ascent.. For that we pd  $ 20 per day and had a wonderful.porter take everything right to our car. A godsend!    

40 minutes ago, hcat said:

I am confused by the responses.

Is it the .Midport garage  right across from ships OR the one near  Terminal 25 ( which we dislike)  ?  Our Silho cruise is a short cruise , so we will not be burdened with much luggage..like we were for Ascent.. For that we pd  $ 20 per day and had a wonderful.porter take everything right to our car. A godsend!    

As noted in the info in the link, the Palm Garage is for Terminals 19, 21, 25, 26, and 29.

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

and what Terminal services Silhouette?

Depends if an E-class ship is also in port that day. The E-class ships get Terminal 25. If the Silhouette is the second Celebrity ship that day, it'll probably be at Terminal 29.

5 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

A second for Park N Go. We enjoy sailing from Ft. Lauderdale because of them!

Even when I sail out of POM, I park there and have a van service pick me up to drop off at my ship in POM for $15/pp!  Better than driving in the Miami traffic.I arrive relaxed.

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Even when I sail out of POM, I park there and have a van service pick me up to drop off at my ship in POM for $15/pp!  Better than driving in the Miami traffic.I arrive relaxed.

Not to mention that the POM is not in the best neighborhood! I never worry about my car when I park there!

• Like 1

Third or fourth for Park n Go...and to add that you have no need to know which Terminal your ship sails from.  Their shuttle driver will ask which ship, and then take you directly to it.  And they will be there to pick you up when you return.