Sky Princess casual dinning

DeltaJoe15

All food comments are definitely personal.  My wife pretty much did not like the casual dining venues.  I was happy with the buffet.

Pretty much think you will need to try and see what meets your preferences. 

And I know this foes not answer your question.   

The best place to use your casual dining is Alfredos it's a sit down restaurant with appetizers, pizza, and a couple of pastas it is open for lunch and dinner.  There are 2 other choices as well vines wine bar has a meat and cheese board with veggies and dip and truffles for dessert and Ocean Terrace which is sushi those 2places are may not be open for lunch.  Just check the back of the events listing for times.

Alfredo's is great, especially on the Sky!  We recently did a TA sailing, Southampton to FLL and we had booked Premier (we usually just go with Plus).  With Premier, we could eat at Alfredo's as much as we wanted!  And we took advantage of that for *many* lunches on all those sea days.  Several days we almost had the place to ourselves.  We assume that there were a lot of Plus bookings on board...near the end of the cruise Alfredo's really filled up.  I guess people realized that it's "use it or lose it"!

My friend and I were on the Sky Princess in January.  We had lunch at Alfredo’s twice and enjoyed it very much.  We thought the soup was delish.  She had a veggie pizza (which she loved) and I had a Margherita Pizza that was always delish.  We enjoyed tiramisu for dessert.  We had no complaints.  The first time we went we were seated immediately.  The second time, they gave us a pager and we were seated in about 20 minutes or so.  

I was on the Sky in December, and I thought the Alfredo's was the worst that I've been to.  Service was indifferent, they were out of eggplant and my Pizza was bland.  No comparison to Majestic or Discovery.  

On 2/18/2024 at 3:34 PM, DeltaJoe15 said:

Anyone been on Sky Princess recently  any comments on casual dinning  your thoughts please

Last time we were on a Princess ship was Crown in 2016.

Then we were assigned a table in the Main Dining room.

Is this no longer the case? 
We are on Sky in September.

Edited by upwarduk

On 2/18/2024 at 10:18 PM, suekel said:

I was on the Sky in December, and I thought the Alfredo's was the worst that I've been to.  Service was indifferent, they were out of eggplant and my Pizza was bland.  No comparison to Majestic or Discovery.  

My exact thoughts in December which I wrote about in my live from.  One of my favorite places so I was disappointed. 

Loved the charcuterie board in Vines.  It was very nice to be there sipping some wine and enjoying that in the early evening. 

We also enjoyed the sushi quite a few times.  If you get a table by the railing, you can enjoy the sushi and watch whatever is going on down below. 

As I said, we usually love Alfredos but it was just "off" in December.  I would definitely suggest giving it a try though because hopefully it's back to normal. 

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Last time we were on a Princess ship was Crown in 2016.

Then we were assigned a table in the Main Dining room.

Is this no longer the case? 
We are on Sky in September.

There is no longer assigned dining on any Princess ships. It is all basically “Anytime” dining now. If you prefer to have a regular table assignment and wait team, you can still accomplish that but you need to arrange it with the dining room host once you are on the ship. 

The Princess app has a reservation system that allows you to make reservations for the dining room of your choice for each night if your cruise. We generally pick one of the midship dining rooms on 5 or 6 - on the Sky that would be Estrella or Soleil. We like to pick a time around 6 generally. You can also just walk up to whatever dining room you want each evening without a reservation but sometimes the non reservation lines get long and there is a wait. 

We sort of prefer when possible to establish a regular table and wait team and found a great one on our Sky cruise last summer. If you set it up with the host on your first evening you can just return to the same table each subsequent night of your cruise. 

• Like 2