Will RCI offer me the price match if my cruise gets cheaper before final payment?

Hi everyone 

Looking to book a 7 night cruise for our family group of 10 for November on Ovation.   It is expensive at the moment but I'm keen to book now to get cabins close together.   If I book direct through RCI, will they give me the cheaper price if they drop the price of the cruise later?  My understanding is they will match the cheaper price as long as it is before final payment.   Would they also price match if I booked through an online cruise site and not directly through them?

I understand that the price I will pay will most likely be what I commit to now and I'm okay with that but would just like to know if thrre is a chance I may get a price match later on if they reduce the price of the cruise.  

1 minute ago, ddvgww said:

Hi everyone 

Looking to book a 7 night cruise for our family group of 10 for November on Ovation.   It is expensive at the moment but I'm keen to book now to get cabins close together.   If I book direct through RCI, will they give me the cheaper price if they drop the price of the cruise later?  My understanding is they will match the cheaper price as long as it is before final payment.   Would they also price match if I booked through an online cruise site and not directly through them?

I understand that the price I will pay will most likely be what I commit to now and I'm okay with that but would just like to know if thrre is a chance I may get a price match later on if they reduce the price of the cruise.  

I would be careful booking with many sites and some dont have as good of service and if you book with a TA it needs to be someone good. Some sites arent good service wise imo.

If your price drops yes you get the price drop. I think there is another thread saying this going on now also. If you got obc with the price, it's part of the price, you lose it if you price match lower. So be sure to count it. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ddvgww said:

Hi everyone 

You will have to find the price drop and contact them.  They will not contact you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Things are constantly changing and no one tells you.

There was a price match scheme and I believe it’s still active.

To my knowledge they will match a lower price but you have to find it and you have to apply for it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ddvgww said:

Hi everyone 

deleted.

Edited by jean87510

8 hours ago, ddvgww said:

If I book direct through RCI, will they give me the cheaper price if they drop the price of the cruise later?  My understanding is they will match the cheaper price as long as it is before final payment.   Would they also price match if I booked through an online cruise site and not directly through them?

In the U.S., if you book directly with RCI and you see that the price has gone down, you call RCI and ask them to price adjust. Remember that it has to be your specific category that has gone down. Inside, Ocean View, Balcony and Suites have many categories within them, when the prices drop, it may not affect your specific category. 

If you book with a travel agent, they can check very quickly if your category is eligible for a price drop and either make the change themselves or call RCI for you.  No clue what happens if you book through an online clearinghouse website. 

As others have noted, the rules outside the U.S. may be different.