Best way to get from FCO (ROME) airport to Cruiseport for 2 people

ghw

Please suggest any transportation companies that are reasonably priced to get from airport to Cruiseport. We are two travelers and willing to share a shuttle with others. Thanks

We’ve always used Rome in Limo.  Great service.  Nice cars.  Very, very reliable and highly rated.  From FCO to Civitavecchia is approximately $150.00 for a private car.  I have no experience with shuttles so I can’t help you there.j

6 hours ago, ghw said:

Please suggest any transportation companies that are reasonably priced to get from airport to Cruiseport. We are two travelers and willing to share a shuttle with others. Thanks

Please define "reasonably priced". That is a very vague term with a huge variety of potential answers. 

4 hours ago, erby2283 said:

I'm not the OP but I'm gonna definitely need a shared shuttle....$150 for 2 people?????? That's crazy talk.  lol

Please tell us what a private car for an hour or longer ( with waiting time, deadheading , etc)should cost in Europe?

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Please tell us what a private car for an hour or longer ( with waiting time, deadheading , etc)should cost in Europe?

Well I supposed that's up to what people are willing to pay for a private car....which is why I stated I'd prefer a shared shuttle. I personally don't need a "private" ride. I've already received quotes from two companies who offer shared rides:  3 people - 110 euros for one and 120 euros for the other. There are other options which is why people should research....and why they come here for advice. 

11 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Europe? You need to be more specific.  Which country? Which town? 

For Rome, there are a some of limo companies and shared ride companies posted here.  Go to their websites. Standard point-to-point services, like Central Rome to airport or port are posted there.  For other destinations, you need to email them and ask. Rates are usually competitive within a given market.   

For taxi fares, google "[name of town] official taxi fares."

You are right.  What's reasonable to one can be outrageous to another.  This board can only point out where to find the prices and let each one decide what they can afford.

Edited by marazul

8 minutes ago, marazul said:

Europe? You need to be more specific.  Which country? Which town? 

If you are interested in Rome, there are a some of limo companies and shared ride companies posted here.  Go to their websites. Standard point-to-point services, like Central Rome to airport or port are posted there.  For other destinations, you need to email them and ask. 

For taxi fares, google "[name of town] official taxi fares."

My point was $150 for a private car is not "crazy talk". It is a perfectly normal and appropriate cost.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

My point was $150 for a private car is not "crazy talk". It is a perfectly normal and appropriate cost.

It is. I was updating my post to make it clear I agreed with you when you answered. 😁

Since it takes almost 1 hour to get to the port of Civitavecchia apart from the train donot expect a low price.  Uber however works in Italy, also a good  option of course.

On 2/21/2024 at 9:54 PM, erby2283 said:

Well I supposed that's up to what people are willing to pay for a private car....which is why I stated I'd prefer a shared shuttle. I personally don't need a "private" ride. I've already received quotes from two companies who offer shared rides:  3 people - 110 euros for one and 120 euros for the other. There are other options which is why people should research....and why they come here for advice. 

Would you mind sharing the names of those two companies and/or websites?  

4 minutes ago, Alatraveler1 said:

Would you mind sharing the names of those two companies and/or websites?  

https://www.romefiumicinotransfer.com/

and the one mentioned earlier above: https://sharedshuttle.it/ 

Also,  you may want to hook up with others on your sailing to see if anyone else wants to share a ride from the the ship back to the airport that way these companies can't pull a bait a switch and say, "Oh sorry, we don't have any shared rides, you'll have to pay the private fare or we'll be forced to cancel the shared ride."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 9:00 PM, cruisemom42 said:

The vendor recommended above,  https://sharedshuttle.it/  is a shared van service. I've used them a couple of times with no issues. From FCO to the port is 80 euro for 1-2 people. Very good value and reliable service.

Thank you for posting this.  I've just booked with them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check with your cruise line Royal Caribbean has a $71 each way from the airport to the cruise port and from the cruise port to the airport. I will be taking that for our September cruise but still having a hard time finding transfers from the airport into Rome hotel and Rome hotel to the cruise port. Due to the my mom having a mobility scooter, but I was able to pay for my transfers through the cruise line back to the airport on our return.

On 2/23/2024 at 10:08 AM, Ine said:

Since it takes almost 1 hour to get to the port of Civitavecchia apart from the train donot expect a low price.  Uber however works in Italy, also a good  option of course.

Actually, no it does not.  There is no Uber in the traditional sense (amateur driver with a personal car) in Italy.  In the places where the app works, it is by contract with the local authorities.  In some places the app links you to a local taxi service, in other places (like Rome) you are linked to a professional car service.  In most of Italy it does not function at all.