Ruby Princess MDRs

mamafun

I know that the three MDRs all serve the same menu and are essentially the same, but can anyone speak to a preference they have and why?  I am mulling over dining reservations and which days to reserve in the MDR and was just wondering if there was one that is typically less crowded, slightly better location, etc.?  TIA

Botticelli DR is on deck 6 aft. To access this DR you have to walk aft on deck 7 or above and take the aft elevators or stairs down to the DR. It is the largest of the DRs, and the furthest away from the mid ship lounges. To exit the DR you have to go up at least one flight.

Da Vinci DR is on deck 6 mid ship. Approximately 1/3 of the space is used for reserve class dining.

Michelangelo DR, deck 5 mid ship, is the same size as Da Vinci but the entire DR is used for regular dining.

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2024 at 2:03 PM, mamafun said:

Thanks, @skynight this is honestly very helpful!

I agree with Botticelli.  A lot of people can't find it, but it is readily accessible from (only) the rear set of elevators.  The 7:30 production shows are often full by 7:15 or earlier, so you want to plan your dinner early if you want to go to the early show.  If you get a waiter you prefer, you can request to be seated in their area on the following nights.

I am assuming sister ship Emerald is the same. Our cabin is aft so we had a lot of them Botticelli but I just changed all but 2 nights just for a change and those will probably be the casual dining nights anyway.

@mamafunthank you for the question. 

We were on Emerald over Christmas/New Years and used Da Vinci DR.  We had reservations for 5:40 and were usually done abou 6:50 which left enough time to get a good spot in the theatre.  I don't know when your cruise is but as long as it's not a peak travel period the rush to eat and be seated in the theatre ought not be as 'bad' as what we experienced.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, d9704011 said:

We were on Emerald over Christmas/New Years and used Da Vinci DR.  We had reservations for 5:40 and were usually done abou 6:50 which left enough time to get a good spot in the theatre.  I don't know when your cruise is but as long as it's not a peak travel period the rush to eat and be seated in the theatre ought not be as 'bad' as what we experienced.

Much of the time depends on how many courses you order + how quick you actually eat. We us it involves at least 2 appetizers, soup, salad, main course, coffee & desert. All of which take 1 1/2 hours if the waiter is quick to serve everything.

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Much of the time depends on how many courses you order + how quick you actually eat. We us it involves at least 2 appetizers, soup, salad, main course, coffee & desert. All of which take 1 1/2 hours if the waiter is quick to serve everything.

We only have a few courses app, main course and maybe dessert with coffee. Usually in and out in around an hour or a little more