"Bubbly" in concierge cabins?

39august

Thanks for the reminder. Now I do remember that we may have to ask.  We are going to so miss Retreat next cruise as we have done about 7 cruises in Retreat over the last 3 years. Alas, too high now!

1 minute ago, 39august said:

Thanks for the reminder. Now I do remember that we may have to ask.  We are going to so miss Retreat next cruise as we have done about 7 cruises in Retreat over the last 3 years. Alas, too high now!

Agree. It has been awhile since we were not in the Retreat and recently did a SV on the Ascent.  We were just as happy in the SV.  The only thing we missed about the Retreat was the Sun Deck.  After thinking about it more we decided the thing we liked most was grabbing a sandwich at the Sun Deck bar just before 2.  I am not a fan of the Luminae menu so we often eat in the MDR or specialty, so didn’t miss that either.

We don’t need the beverage package or WiFi so I can’t rationalize paying the high price to include things I already have.  We have 1 more suite booking then everything else in a veranda.  Priced AQ for a booking recently and for a 7 N AQ was $1,523 more than a veranda in the hump, We like Blu but for not over $200 a night.

• Like 4

Blu, me too! It will probably be just verandas from now on. Your input has always been helpful over the years. I do appreciate your help. And I figure we are practically neighbors, seeing your city and mine! Been in Gainesville many times on our way to Galveston for when we still cruised RCI. 

Edited by 39august

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Do you still get a bottle of cheapo "bubbly" wine in concierge class cabins?  If so, are you still able to have room steward swap it out for a bottle of red/white wine?

Our steward has never been able to swap it out. We always take it to our dining venue (MDR or Blu) and the sommelier always has been glad to swap it for us. We usually get Prosecco or a bottle of red. Cheers!

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Our steward has never been able to swap it out. We always take it to our dining venue (MDR or Blu) and the sommelier always has been glad to swap it for us. We usually get Prosecco or a bottle of red. Cheers!

Thank you for that excellent advice, the free "bubbly" is awful.