🚢 🛳️ 🚢. Bon Voyage to LAFFNVEGAS - March 2nd, 2024 🥂 🥂 🥂

kazu

What an experience this cruise will be with its unique itinerary (imagine visiting Nevis!)  and on board experience.  I am selfishly hoping Lisa shares her experiences with us.  We hope Lisa & Tom hae an absolutely fabulous time exploring and on board and of course we wish them fair winds and smooth seas.

Bon Voyage to Wind Surf - 7 day Classic Caribbean:

LAFFNVEGAS

IMG_2174.jpeg.e3be0e138ae5e0253ec3856945106c9e.jpeg

Bon Voyage LAFFNVEGAS !!!!!!!

Have a great cruise and a WONDERFUL time !!!!!!

IMG_3304.jpeg.51596e600470cf9090f8bff5bb1de658.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks so much Everyone!!! We are extremely excited to be sailing Windstar Wind Surf  a week from today.

We only booked this cruise in late November when we learned from our good friend where he would be. Most cruises we tend to book several months out. But even though it's not been long it seems like forever and we are finally down to just a week from today.

We do leave late Thursday night to fly to Miami, then connect to fly to St Maarten and arrive on Friday afternoon.

I do plan to do a Live From and What's for Dinner, I will post here giving you all the link to Windstar Thread. After all, many of us long time HAL cruisers remember when Windstar was part of Holland America. My understanding there are still quite a few crew members working on Windstar that had transferred from HAL to Windstar and are still there. The Windstar CC board gets very little activity so we can at least make it busy for a week 😂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to add, the other thing we have been doing each Saturday is watching the St Maarten Web Cam, today the Wind Surf is behind NCL Sky and in front of Viking Sea.

Sometimes the web Cam operator does follow the Wind Surf out zooming in and about 10 minutes after she has left port you can see the sails go up. Our Sail Away time is 7pm Atlantic time.

image.thumb.png.fa89b8926d9fde2f4a813637bfe02a4a.png

• Like 4

For those that want to see and get an idea of the size of Wind Surf, here is a web cam shot taken just a minute ago. she is behind Viking Sea that is only 48,000 tons and about 900 passengers so half the size of a Signature Class/Vista Class ship.  Wind Surf is 15,000 tons and based on double occupancy holds about 342 passengers,

image.thumb.png.98bbe0782624f04bf62c4332f3a1347f.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Sounds amazing.  I am looking forward to your impressions especially versus mainstream cruising.

Edited to say what caused you book this cruise, deal, etc?

We have a good friend that was formerly a Hotel Manager several years ago with HAL that we have stayed in closed contact with for 18 years, he is the Hotel Manager on board. We have wanted to sail with him again but timing and other cruises we had booked got in the way. I did not want to book far out for fear he would not be on the ship. Windstar recently moved him to this ship and within days of him telling us we decided to book it. Timing was right between other cruises we have booked and now that I am not working 2 jobs just the one that I have more freedom to travel this was the perfect time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We have a good friend that was formerly a Hotel Manager several years ago with HAL that we have stayed in closed contact with for 18 years, he is the Hotel Manager on board. We have wanted to sail with him again but timing and other cruises we had booked got in the way. I did not want to book far out for fear he would not be on the ship. Windstar recently moved him to this ship and within days of him telling us we decided to book it. Timing was right between other cruises we have booked and now that I am not working 2 jobs just the one that I have more freedom to travel this was the perfect time.

I think I know of who you speak(JD).  I understand completely and look forward to hearing ALL about it.  I have no doubt it will be a wonderful reunion and cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I think I know of who you speak(JD).  I understand completely and look forward to hearing ALL about it.  I have no doubt it will be a wonderful reunion and cruise.

You are correct 😉 Yes it will be great we have not sailed with him since Volendam in 2016 but last saw him in October 2017 when we spent time in Japan and got to see he and his wife.

• Like 3