Wandering on Wonder Week 2/25/24

Top Tier event this morning.  High wire act just before the event.   Maneesh about to introduce the award winners.  There was one new Pinnie, two milestone winners, and of course the top 3 cruisers.  

Maneesh, of whom we have known for years and adore as our favorite LA, just got promoted to Front Desk manager...good job my friend!  🥰

20240227_095022.jpg

20240227_100714.jpg

20240227_101004.jpg

20240227_101728.jpg

20240227_102334.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/24/2024 at 2:05 PM, island lady said:

Thanks...no matter how many times we have arrived for a cruise...it still feels giddy and exciting.  😉 

We have gotten to the point of accepting the fact  that the time between cruises is just a long shore excursion where we get to do cooking classes every day, and the wine is less expensive🍗🍷😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

We have gotten to the point of accepting the fact  that the time between cruises is just a long shore excursion where we get to do cooking classes every day, and the wine is less expensive🍗🍷😎

LOL!!!  Love it...soooo true!   😄   

Though with us this time, we are going to spend some time remodeling the laundry room, and still need to put everything back (on my side anyway) into our newly remodeled office.  

We still have this week on Wonder, have Allure in May, and spending the month of June just south of Portland Oregon staying at a winery guest house.  

And definitely looking forward to rejoining our friends on Serenade in July for last quarter back to Miami.  🥰

• Like 6

Pinnie lunch AKA:  Cheers with an Officer.  

Bucky's steak was very good, but still does not top the very excellent steak we had on first night CK...which is always fantastic.  I did the Salmon...meh...not nearly as good...but did not want to "Steak out" again.  😉  

The head waiter came by and remembered me.  She knew I do not like the wine choice they have, and brought me a glass of Kim Crawford SB...without me even asking.  Now that is service.  🥰

Bucky loves the Key Lime pie at these lunches...happy Bucky!  😄 

20240227_113848.jpg

20240227_122118.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Pinnie lunch AKA:  Cheers with an Officer.  

Bucky's steak was very good, but still does not top the very excellent steak we had on first night CK...which is always fantastic.  I did the Salmon...meh...not nearly as good...but did not want to "Steak out" again.  😉  

The head waiter came by and remembered me.  She knew I do not like the wine choice they have, and brought me a glass of Kim Crawford SB...without me even asking.  Now that is service.  🥰

Bucky loves the Key Lime pie at these lunches...happy Bucky!  😄 

20240227_113848.jpg

20240227_122118.jpg

Great menu!  If you have a chance (If not, no worries), could you find out when the Pinnacle lunch is for the next cruise?  Our friends that we are sailing with are Pinnacle and it would help us plan our dinner reservations.  Many thanks in advance!  Enjoy!!!!

3 minutes ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

could you find out when the Pinnacle lunch is for the next cruise? 

It is usually on the first sea day unless your first full day is at sea, then it typically goes on the next sea day.

Edited by orville99

4 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL!!!  Love it...soooo true!   😄   

Though with us this time, we are going to spend some time remodeling the laundry room, and still need to put everything back (on my side anyway) into our newly remodeled office.  

We still have this week on Wonder, have Allure in May, and spending the month of June just south of Portland Oregon staying at a winery guest house.  

And definitely looking forward to rejoining our friends on Serenade in July for last quarter back to Miami.  🥰

ISLAND, would you be kind enough to send Bucky out on a mission for me?  As I told you Jill and I are taking the two boys on Wonder next week.  I wanted to see if the spa had 4 chairs or just 2 chairs at the pedicure stations.  The station is right there on the left when you enter the spa.

The next Beet, Carrot, and Celery smoothie will be on me.  Thanks very much if you can pull it off.  If not no worries, we will know soon enough.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  Dan

4 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Great menu!  If you have a chance (If not, no worries), could you find out when the Pinnacle lunch is for the next cruise?  Our friends that we are sailing with are Pinnacle and it would help us plan our dinner reservations.  Many thanks in advance!  Enjoy!!!!

I would be on the first sea day.  

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

ISLAND, would you be kind enough to send Bucky out on a mission for me?  As I told you Jill and I are taking the two boys on Wonder next week.  I wanted to see if the spa had 4 chairs or just 2 chairs at the pedicure stations.  The station is right there on the left when you enter the spa.

The next Beet, Carrot, and Celery smoothie will be on me.  Thanks very much if you can pull it off.  If not no worries, we will know soon enough.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  Dan

Aww...sorry about that though.  We never do the spa thing.  But I am sure you will love it, no matter what they layout is.  🙂 

On 2/25/2024 at 11:58 PM, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

We have a 10:30am check in.  How early should we arrive due to the 'mess'?  

I’m totally not a morning person but that said I’m planning to get myself there as close to 9:30 as I can manage. Fortunately DH is a morning person and will do his best to keep me on schedule. 

On 2/26/2024 at 6:09 PM, island lady said:

Have InTENse booked for 7:45 tonight.   Heads up...since all the "seats" are wooden benches, simply bring a beach towel, folded up for the "aft end" to sit on .   Makes a big difference.  😉 

One of the few things I know I’m going to hate about Wonder is those bench seats in the AquaTheater! The similar benches on the other Oasis class ships are not a good fit for me. My feet don’t reach the floor and my back doesn’t reach the backrest. The back spasms that accompany the bench seating are not fun. I much prefer the beach chair style seating. 

13 hours ago, orville99 said:

I love ❤️ your thinking! 

• Like 1

Good morning Cozumel.  🙂 

Plan to do one of our favorites...simply walk down to the Carnival docks and have lunch at favorite...Pancho's Backyard, their second restaurant, which is nicer when it is very warm and humid being right on the seawall with a breeze.  The original downtown is very nice, but steamy when the weather is like this with it being all inside courtyard.  

20240228_070309.jpg

• Like 8

Pancho's Backyard...as always was a pleasure.   Our favorite table along the seawall on the point with a great view...and wonderful fresh sea breeze.  Two fisted love on Grande Margaritas...and he even let me have one of them.  😄 

20240228_105338.jpg

20240228_105437.jpg

20240228_114804.jpg

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Our little friend begging for taco chips....then Bucky gets a lesson on playing the Marimba keyboard.  😄 

A couple of  Grande Margaritas and now training to be a future drummer. "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida". 🍹😁

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, doghog said:

A couple of  Grande Margaritas and now training to be a future drummer. "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida". 🍹😁

Needs more back up music and a whole lot more Tequila for that.  😅  I love that song...fantastic long drum solo.  Used to crank it up on my car radio when it came on.  😁

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

Pat, since you are on the Wonder and may not have seen this thread. When you get a free moment from the fun would you mind posting what is actually happening? 

Way ahead of you Dave....saw that thread and figured the "I read" was probably coming from the same Tic Tockers that had all the answers and solid information about WC Serenade....even though they were never on the ship...or most never even cruised at all.  😄 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, perfect match said:

I’m totally not a morning person but that said I’m planning to get myself there as close to 9:30 as I can manage. Fortunately DH is a morning person and will do his best to keep me on schedule. 

One of the few things I know I’m going to hate about Wonder is those bench seats in the AquaTheater! The similar benches on the other Oasis class ships are not a good fit for me. My feet don’t reach the floor and my back doesn’t reach the backrest. The back spasms that accompany the bench seating are not fun. I much prefer the beach chair style seating. 

I'm not a morning person either but will get up early if a vacation is involved and I have to be somewhere at a specific time. 

We don't care for the bench seats either.  My husband has severe back issues and a hard object like a bench puts him in great pain. I'm petite and I doubt I'll be able to sit back during the show.  So sorry for your back pain and having spasms.   

Have a good evening!

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2024 at 8:47 PM, island lady said:

Totally new show for InTENse.   Much more high dive acts, less floating ladies.  Was very well received by the masses...and OMG...the place was full!  Even though they had the acts last night, and another one scheduled for later tonight...not a seat available at start up.  

Only bad thing was the drink waiter tried to pass off a glass of wine that was not Kim Crawford...I sent it back, he brought the actual bottle to pour into my glass and told me I was right about the mistake.  Don't try to fool this wino.  😉 

20240226_190931.jpg

20240226_200611.jpg

20240226_201827.jpg

20240226_202005.jpg

@island ladyif you have seen the diving shows on oasis (current show) and symphony, curious as how you would rate this one?

15 hours ago, island lady said:

Way ahead of you Dave....saw that thread and figured the "I read" was probably coming from the same Tic Tockers that had all the answers and solid information about WC Serenade....even though they were never on the ship...or most never even cruised at all.  😄 

Someone who is currently on Spectrum posted on FB that it's already showing on Spectrum's schedule on the app and is on the RCblog (I know it's not an official blog but they do report correct info all the time). She posted a screen shot of the dining times on the app and it shows 3.  And, yes, I know Spectrum is in Asia currently.  We're on Vision in 35 days and there are no dining times listed in the app.  

Edited by BND

13 hours ago, maggieq said:

@island ladyif you have seen the diving shows on oasis (current show) and symphony, curious as how you would rate this one?

Unfortunately never had the pleasure of sailing on Symphony, and it has been years since we sailed on Oasis.   Harmony was a our go to Oasis class when she was in PC, and now it is Wonder.  I can't really remember much about Harmony's dive show, except when they had what I think was something "heist"....which I thought was awful.  

InTENse, IMHO was a nice treat of visual eye candy.   I liked the old version better though.  

39 minutes ago, BND said:

Someone who is currently on Spectrum posted on FB that it's already showing on Spectrum's schedule on the app and is on the RCblog (I know it's not an official blog but they do report correct info all the time). She posted a screen shot of the dining times on the app and it shows 3.  And, yes, I know Spectrum is in Asia currently.  We're on Vision in 35 days and there are no dining times listed in the app.  

Interesting....though it is still not on Wonder, as the one OP on the subject  incorrectly stated that it was in affect already on this ship, which is not true.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2