Staying onboard at Princess Cays

rjack22

My husband and I have been to Princess Cays before.   We are thinking we might like to just stay onboard this time.  Do very many people stay onboard?  For those that have done this about what percentage of the passengers (in your opinion) remain onboard?    And if you have remained onboard  what was your experience?  Are there onboard activities going on?   Things to do?  How was it around the pools?  

17 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

My husband and I have been to Princess Cays before.   We are thinking we might like to just stay onboard this time.  Do very many people stay onboard?  For those that have done this about what percentage of the passengers (in your opinion) remain onboard?    And if you have remained onboard  what was your experience?  Are there onboard activities going on?   Things to do?  How was it around the pools?  

Easily 25-35% stay aboard, all though, if course it varies. 

I haven't gone ashore in PC in years. I always stay ashore .

It's not crowded, by any means. Pools aren't full or even really very busy, and there's several to choose from. Some light entertainment or activities during the port times. Almost always leave late due to tenders.. 

I'm not sure of the percentages but there are quite a few who choose to skip it. It's not the best beach day, so why bother when you've got the ship almost to yourself with the same lunch served at the buffet, without the flies. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I'm not sure of the percentages but there are quite a few who choose to skip it. It's not the best beach day, so why bother when you've got the ship almost to yourself with the same lunch served at the buffet, without the flies. 

Liked "without the flies".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Many cruises we take are to ports we have been to before and don’t care for so much do we stay on board. Probably about half the ports we skip there is always company. Lots of people go out early and come back at lunchtime and stay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Easily 25-35% stay aboard, all though, if course it varies. 

I haven't gone ashore in PC in years. I always stay ashore .

It's not crowded, by any means. Pools aren't full or even really very busy, and there's several to choose from. Some light entertainment or activities during the port times. Almost always leave late due to tenders.. 

This 👆

Our trip aboard the Caribbean Princess last December was our first with PCL, having been only on Royal Caribbean in the past. When we were on Allure OTS several years ago we made a stop at their private enclave at Labadee, Haiti. It was OK, but nothing to write home about. We planned on our recent trip to stay aboard the CB while at Princess Cay but unfortunately the water was too rough for the tenders.

I very rarely get off at Princess Cay and love the day on board.  It's quiet, there are things going on and it's a great day.  

Of course we don't want that to get around or more may chose to stay on board the ship!!

• Like 2

We are in our late 70s with 73 cruises and hardly ever get off the ship, for us and having been to many places many times the ship is our vacation destination, we love when we have the ship just about to ourselves.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 2

It was one of our favorite ports of call several years ago but now, we really don’t like to tender and we love just staying on the ship instead.  I usually do see an older crowd, like we are now, stay onboard whenever there is a tender involved.  

• Like 2

If you love being out on a nice sandy beach, it is definitely worth the walk. If it is getting difficult to make that walk and back like this old timer, the pool deck is just as good. Our last cruise, we easily found great chairs before noon. I was surprised how fast many return. After noon the pool deck fills up fast.