Question about ASCENT dining arrangements

We're looking to our first ever cruise on the ASCENT from BCN in May! Seems like we've made a good choice!

However, we're a bit confused about dining. We selected the Early Dining slot as flexible was not available. From the Celebrity information we understood that we would be assigned a dining time, restaurant and table, with the same waiter every evening etc.

Over the weekend, we watched some great guest reviews of the ASCENT and they mentioned that one can eat in any of the 4 complimentary main dinner restaurants.

So, now we're a bit confused. Is it set time slot, set table, set waiter... or free to go to any of the 4 restaurants and sit where we like?

There is no set time/table on e class.  You pick your restaurant and your time. This allows you some flexibility and gives you a taste of all 4 dining rooms (if you choose). You can make a reservation for any of the dining rooms in the app but there may still be a brief wait. 

We loved Ascent!  I hope you enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

There is no set time/table on e class.  You pick your restaurant and your time. This allows you some flexibility and gives you a taste of all 4 dining rooms (if you choose). You can make a reservation for any of the dining rooms in the app but there may still be a brief wait. 

We loved Ascent!  I hope you enjoy your cruise. 

Thanks...that's good to hear!

Does this mean we book the dining room and timeslot each day?

On a few days we have all day excursions so hope to eat later!

5 minutes ago, Overlandandsea said:

Thanks...that's good to hear!

Does this mean we book the dining room and timeslot each day?

On a few days we have all day excursions so hope to eat later!

You can book a reservation but you don’t have to. I think some people make reservations because they want to ensure a certain dining room. The menus are the same except for a very small section that is exclusive to just that dining room. If you have a long excursion day I recommend you head to the dining room with the shortest line. 
edit to say on our sailing the shortest line was usually in the Cypress dining room. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

44 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

You can book a reservation but you don’t have to. I think some people make reservations because they want to ensure a certain dining room. The menus are the same except for a very small section that is exclusive to just that dining room. If you have a long excursion day I recommend you head to the dining room with the shortest line. 
edit to say on our sailing the shortest line was usually in the Cypress dining room. 

Thanks so much! Very helpful.

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

The menus are the same except for a very small section that is exclusive to just that dining room.

The “exclusive” menu items are available at any of the four MDRs.  You can be at Cosmopolitan and have an appetizer from Cyprus, an entree from Normandie and dessert from Tuscan…

• Like 3

We found that we could head to the dining rooms area about 18:45.  The folks heading to the early show are leaving and we were able to get a table easily.  On our first sailing we tried each room, found the one with the atmosphere we enjoyed the most and ended up there each evening.  You can get the food from any of the 4 menus as they share a kitchen.  The website is not clear on this so I am glad you reached out with your question and hope this helps.

• Like 1

We found out after the first night, (this was @ Tuscan, 5:30 apt) that if you were to eat early the next night, When they open up for seating, they wave you around the line, and you just go to your assigned table. We found this extremely convenient . Although some waiting in line didn't approve.We had a great team in Tuscan and ate there most nights.

Cheers

• Like 2