No More Shareholder Benefit?

Wait until next year when the same posters will authoritatively tell us all that it is about to be eliminated. And then the same cycle of posts and responses will happen until it is of course reinstated as it is every year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/4/2024 at 2:09 PM, lostsoulcruiser said:

The benefit is available on sailings through December 31, 2024.  Applications to receive this benefit should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date.

Fresh off the corporate website. Benefits are the same as previous, only now they refer you to this new Stockperk app.  I have never used it (not cruised since its inception), however other posters have cautioned about how to enter the necessary data, including caution regarding entering your brokerage account number.

Best of luck.

By now it should have been extended to sailings through December 31, 2025. 

Using the app just means you can get it a different way for sailings through December 31, 2024.

No sign at all the benefit has been extended for another year.

On 3/4/2024 at 4:40 PM, ontheweb said:

Wait until next year when the same posters will authoritatively tell us all that it is about to be eliminated. And then the same cycle of posts and responses will happen until it is of course reinstated as it is every year.

It is reinstated "as it is every year" by late February and is listed in the annual report.

It has not been extended yet and is not listed in the just issued annual report.

20 minutes ago, caribill said:

It is reinstated "as it is every year" by late February and is listed in the annual report.

It has not been extended yet and is not listed in the just issued annual report.

Wouldn't it be a surprise if Carnival dumps stockperks at the end of this year, which is when the newly extended benefit expires (but will be extended again).

There is no requirement for it to be listed in the annual report at all. On what page of the RCL annual report is the benefit listed?

The dates the Carnival board used in the past made no sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

It has not been extended a full year as it usually is,but has been extended until the end of 2024. That is a far cry from it disappearing as the sky is falling people have been predicting/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I finally received a reply from Investor Relations to my question about the Shareholder Benefit.

It was a disappointing reply which did not address my question. They provided a link to the existing shareholder benefit web page and mentioned StockPerks.

No indication about continuing the benefit, which I asked about. I can only conclude that they don't know. Let's wait and see if anyone at the shareholder meeting asks about it.

• Like 1

We looked at the StockPerks app and were concerned that it connected to a third party (Praise) where we were expected to give our Login and Password for our Brokerage account.  With all of the hacks going on, why would we want to give out that information to another company? Especially since it gives access to ALL of our stock not just Princess.  

Were we misunderstanding this requirement?

1 hour ago, Meandu said:

We looked at the StockPerks app and were concerned that it connected to a third party (Praise) where we were expected to give our Login and Password for our Brokerage account.  With all of the hacks going on, why would we want to give out that information to another company? Especially since it gives access to ALL of our stock not just Princess.  

Were we misunderstanding this requirement?

You don't have to give them access to your account. I just uploaded a redacted statement to stockperks once. Have used it to apply for the benefit with Princess and Carnival.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You don't have to give them access to your account. I just uploaded a redacted statement to stockperks once. Have used it to apply for the benefit with Princess and Carnival.

This is exactly what I did also, worked fine for me, have Schwab, screen shotted statement/holdings and blacked out sensitive info. I had to log in to account to hook it up but they didn’t ask for p/w anywhere for me. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Thank you.  Another post mentioned to select Fidelity as my brokerage so it will allow me to upload a document.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 2:04 PM, salty dingo said:

After reading the 2023 CCL annual report, I noticed the section on shareholder benefits has been deleted. In the 2022 annual report, the benefit is described on page 5.

It seems the Shareholder Benefit is kaput for sailings after July 31, 2024.

Previously I had requested shareholder credit for my 2025 cruises and was told I needed to wait and see if the benefit was repeated for the next year. Looks like I'm out of luck!

Anyone heard anything about this change?

If this is true, I’m free to sell that stock. I bought at $50 a share and at least I’ll get a tax deduction next year for Losses.

12 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I added it up, and the shareholder OBC I receive this year will exceed the cost of my CCL stock !!!

I bought a 1000 shares at 26 dollars so I have a ways to go 😉 but the 250 obc's do help. I look at it as in lieu of dividend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whataboutport said:

Does anyone know, if my cousin can get the shareholders OBC but I'm the first person on the reservation, do we/she quality to get it? We are in the same cabin. 

They can get it if they have the 100 shares necessary. It doesn't matter if you are primary name on booking, but there is only one shareholder credit allowed per stateroom.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2024 at 12:01 AM, BlerkOne said:

I added it up, and the shareholder OBC I receive this year will exceed the cost of my CCL stock !!!

I know, sounds too good to be true, right.

Plus, the stock has doubled in price.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...