Carnival Horizon - Jiji's and comedy clubs

dlphn501

I was just watching some YouTube videos about the Horizon, and the lunch option at Jiji's appears to have changed.  It seems to be specific bowls with set ingredients vs create-your-own like at Cucina/Pasta Bella.  

I know the adult comedy shows fill up quickly, but what about the PG and PG-13 shows?  One of the videos I saw said to show up an hour early, but I didn't know if that was for the adults only or all of them.

If you have sailed on Horizon recently, could you provide some insight please??

You are correct about Jiji's.  There were 4 or 5 specific bowls that you could get.  They told us that you couldn't change them.  All of the comedy shows fill up.  If you want your pick of seats, you need to be there about an hour before.  We liked seats along the back, so they were usually available longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bikkek said:

You are correct about Jiji's.  There were 4 or 5 specific bowls that you could get.  They told us that you couldn't change them.  All of the comedy shows fill up.  If you want your pick of seats, you need to be there about an hour before.  We liked seats along the back, so they were usually available longer.

They are doing this cr@p fleetwide.  Same thing with omelets.  It is no longer Burger King.  It is our way or the highway.

• Like 1

We had no complaints about the food on the Horizon.  I didn't really enjoy Jiji's at noon, but there were many other good options.  We ate in the dining room every night for dinner and the food was always good.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

They are doing this cr@p fleetwide.  Same thing with omelets.  It is no longer Burger King.  It is our way or the highway.

I was on the Magic for the New Year’s cruise. They did have preset omelet menu out every day, but would make any combination that you asked. They also had mushrooms and spinach available each day too for omelets but ham was the only meat option. Not as bad as feared or “advertised”.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

I know the adult comedy shows fill up quickly, but what about the PG and PG-13 shows?  One of the videos I saw said to show up an hour early, but I didn't know if that was for the adults only or all of them.

If you have sailed on Horizon recently, could you provide some insight please??

I agree that the shows do fill up, but I wouldn't say that you need to show up an hour before. First of all the shows are only 45 min. long. They run multiple shows one after the other. If you arrived an hour before, you would be there before the one before yours started. 😀 I would say 1/2 an hour is more reasonable.

If there are 2 or 3 shows in a row, they empty the venue before they start letting people in for the next show. If you leave after one show is over and get in line for the next, you will get seating.

The comedians repeat shows. Watch for this. It says if the show is a repeat in the app. So, some of those PG shows put on in the afternoon, might be a repeat from the previous day, and you wont necessarily get a full house. 

I would say pretty much all the shows (comedy or production)  put on in the theatre get filled quickly. They do the late night comedy shows there. For any show done in the main theatre, show up a little earlier still if you want good seats, otherwise, at least 1/2 hour ahead. If you come later, you will likely be sitting behind a post, if you find two seats together at all.

have a great cruise

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

I agree that the shows do fill up, but I wouldn't say that you need to show up an hour before. First of all the shows are only 45 min. long. They run multiple shows one after the other. If you arrived an hour before, you would be there before the one before yours started. 😀 I would say 1/2 an hour is more reasonable.

If there are 2 or 3 shows in a row, they empty the venue before they start letting people in for the next show. If you leave after one show is over and get in line for the next, you will get seating.

The comedians repeat shows. Watch for this. It says if the show is a repeat in the app. So, some of those PG shows put on in the afternoon, might be a repeat from the previous day, and you wont necessarily get a full house. 

I would say pretty much all the shows (comedy or production)  put on in the theatre get filled quickly. They do the late night comedy shows there. For any show done in the main theatre, show up a little earlier still if you want good seats, otherwise, at least 1/2 hour ahead. If you come later, you will likely be sitting behind a post, if you find two seats together at all.

have a great cruise

Great tips, thanks for the info!

22 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

JiJi's is sooooo good at dinner!! We had the noodle lunch at JiJi's and were not that impressed.  Check out dinner at JiJi's, totally worth the upcharge!

I do plan on booking at least one night at JiJi's.  I am waiting until we board so I can see all the MDR menus and nighttime activities before I commit to a day and time.  Fingers crossed the days and times I want do not sell out 🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

I do plan on booking at least one night at JiJi's.  I am waiting until we board so I can see all the MDR menus and nighttime activities before I commit to a day and time.  Fingers crossed the days and times I want do not sell out 🤞

The times I have dined at JiJi’s it was busy but usually an available table or two was evident. Last cruise that had JiJi’s we ate there twice! Enjoy!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

Exactly how we did it.  It was an enjoyable meal.

• Thanks 1