Haven lobsters

Pappy1258

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Celebrity doesn't give you the mini bar for free for their Retreat guests and doesn't even give their entry Retreat rooms a proper butler any longer. So NCL isn't doing anything 'worse' than some of their big competitors.

Understood, but I don't think NCL and Celebrity are direct competitors though.    Celebrity is more in line with HAL and Princess, while NCL is more like RCCL and perhaps even MSC.  MSC Yacht Club, I think, does stock the mini bar and gives you free drinks during most of the day.  (please correct me if wrong, I think I got that from a Cruise with Ben and David youtube 😀)

6 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Suprised that you don't grasp the concept that if NCL doesn't make a profit, there won't be a NCL.

I'm pretty certain that NCL is making plenty of profit from the Haven guests.  No worries there.

Pretty sure NCL isn't in huge financial straights anyway, as they just announced those 8 new ships they are constructing.  

On 4/10/2024 at 12:27 AM, MarkieMarkNYC said:

Good lord. I don't seem to encounter actual people on actual cruises who are so completely miserable.

Lobster.

Towel animals.

Enjoy your misery. I choose joy.

I had a lobster towel animal once. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

I'm pretty certain that NCL is making plenty of profit from the Haven guests.  No worries there.

Pretty sure NCL isn't in huge financial straights anyway, as they just announced those 8 new ships they are constructing.  

So, essentially, you're claiming  that NCL makes so much money that it can afford to reduce it's profit by giving away service it now charges for?

11 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

So, essentially, you're claiming  that NCL makes so much money that it can afford to reduce it's profit by giving away service it now charges for?

Interesting, as that isn't what I said sparky, but you go ahead and roll with whatever strawman argument you want to make.  Cheers!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Interesting, as that isn't what I said sparky, but you go ahead and roll with whatever strawman argument you want to make.  Cheers!

Well, here's your chance to clarify what you said.

Edited by RocketMan275

18 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Understood, but I don't think NCL and Celebrity are direct competitors though.    Celebrity is more in line with HAL and Princess, while NCL is more like RCCL and perhaps even MSC.  MSC Yacht Club, I think, does stock the mini bar and gives you free drinks during most of the day.  (please correct me if wrong, I think I got that from a Cruise with Ben and David youtube 😀)

That's funny, because never in a million years (or rather 20+ years when I'm of that age) would I consider sailing on HAL. So I don't see that as more a direct competitor to Celebrity vs NCL. I lump them all together honestly, RCC, Carnival, NCL, Princess, MSC. Maybe Celebrity is slightly more upscale, but I don't think it's on par with NCL's 'upscale' line of Oceania - so that's why to me it's more of a half step up from NCL and not a full leap. Celebrity still has regular gen pop and a paid for 'enhanced' experience in their Retreat, whereas entry level rooms on Oceania are already getting the same full suite like perks as their more expensive cabins. That's what differentiates it for me. Mass market appeal to guests of all types, rather than going after a special niche of clientele (whether by age or bank account size). 

We haven't been on MSC yet, but yes, I've also heard the mini bar is free in their YC. Not sure if it's a one time restock or endless, but it's a nice simple touch that NCL should have adopted by now, even as just a one time restock during the cruise.

4 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

We haven't been on MSC yet, but yes, I've also heard the mini bar is free in their YC. Not sure if it's a one time restock or endless, but it's a nice simple touch that NCL should have adopted by now, even as just a one time restock during the cruise.

It’s been a few years since I did the Yacht Club but at that time they had just started to not restock the mini bar. Not sure if that has changed as I won’t be in the YC again until November. 

3 hours ago, G-DawgMN said:

It’s been a few years since I did the Yacht Club but at that time they had just started to not restock the mini bar. Not sure if that has changed as I won’t be in the YC again until November. 

We were on MSC in January and yes the mini bar is stocked daily.  Not only inside the mini bar but in the cabinet alongside it.  We even a bottle of wine 4 of the 9 nights.  Lastly we got a bottle of Belvedre for the room.  

24 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

We were on MSC in January and yes the mini bar is stocked daily.  Not only inside the mini bar but in the cabinet alongside it.  We even a bottle of wine 4 of the 9 nights.  Lastly we got a bottle of Belvedre for the room.  

Nice. Looking forward to it. 

Back to the issue at hand.  😂. We sail on Sunday.  Any recent experience on the lobster situation?  Did they get rid of the upcharge or not?  If not, can you still order one additional for no upcharge?  The last time we were on my DH ordered a lobster tail (just one) at every dinner.  He’s going to be disappointed if he can’t do that anymore.  

I was on Epic last month, and the charge was in effect. I don't eat the stuff, so can't say for certain, but it seems like one per person per meal is the limit. So if your DH wants one each dinner, that should be fine.

• Like 3