Haven lobsters

Pappy1258

How is this going to affect those poor butlers and servers upstairs in Haven ... crew members are going to take the heat.  Okay, waiting for someone to say, calm down, don't believe what you read, see, hear or otherwise, were told ... over the internet, including CC and other places.   

OP, welcome to Cruise Critic ... 

Bird 

Edited by mking8288

6 hours ago, mking8288 said:

How is this going to affect those poor butlers and servers upstairs in Haven ... crew members are going to take the heat.  Okay, waiting for someone to say, calm down, don't believe what you read, see, hear or otherwise, were told ... over the internet, including CC and other places.   

OP, welcome to Cruise Critic ... 

Bird 

Well,,, I am certainly going to cancel my Daily Service Charge because I can't get unlimited lobster in the restaurant (and if you have seen my Eating at the Haven threads, you know that we order lobster with ever entree and some starters). 

• Haha 7

Just being told by the poor server that he/she is going to have to charge me $25 for the next one just takes aways from the comfort of the Haven experience.   NCL...stupid idea.  Your cost for the extra lobster can't be that great.  Don't tell a Haven guest no.  That ruins the atmosphere.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

Just being told by the poor server that he/she is going to have to charge me $25 for the next one just takes aways from the comfort of the Haven experience.   NCL...stupid idea.  Your cost for the extra lobster can't be that great.  Don't tell a Haven guest no.  That ruins the atmosphere.  

It appears Sailingaway on Epic is getting plenty of 'no'.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Strange, the original lobster thread was deleted. 

After I did what I very rarely do. It's almost as rare as me canceling the onboard service charge (which I literally have never done, y'all). A couple of posters were just....well....you know. 

Woe is me for the lobster. I'll just order more shrimp. The lobster kind of served as a somewhat (not much) larger shrimp to me, anyhow. I'll order some clarified butter and have poor man's lobster. Oh, those crustaceans! 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Maybe they source lobster out of Antarctica and with recent misses ... 

Australian lobster tails are excellent to substitute vs. Florida's warm water ones ... that's worth a $25 USD upcharge.  Nevermind, plenty of decent Maine cold water lobsters to negotiate bulk purchasing by NCL's corporate buyers, except it's not going help achieve budgetary savings.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dexddd said:

Maybe they source lobster out of Antarctica and with recent misses they could not get them?

From the Captain:  For your travel convenience, we wont be going to Paradise Bay but we will be having lobster in the main dining room and buffet.

(Stampede from the customer service desk to the buffet) 

Captain ***sighs**** relief, it worked

Edited by david_sobe
  • Haha 9

8 hours ago, roger001 said:

You can get the same lobster tails on sale at Safeway for $3.99 so my guess is they pay $2 or less each for them. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, azappraiser said:

Because several people abused the privilege, NCL took notice & changed the rules... same thing that happened with some of the ultra-premium liquors that are suspiciously no longer on board...

What privilege?  I think people who run to the corner to defend NCL at every turn is a bit much.  While I think its reasonable to charge money for more lobster, I dont believe for a second that top shelf liquor and lobster charges have anything to do with customers trying to bilk NCL.  Its all a way to make bigger profits. 

Sort of reminds me of when NCL announced no more towel animals because of "environmental reasons" or not bringing food to the cabin for "safety reasons."   But many believe that. 
Its all enhancing the guest experience of course!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

or not bringing food to the cabin for

Whoa!  What this? You can't bring food to your cabin??   (NCL 1st timer question...)

Edited by dlh015

15 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Whoa!  What this? You can't bring food to your cabin??   (NCL 1st timer question...)

That's old.  It was a new NCL policy that they reversed almost as soon as it was issued.  It was a debate of maybe 9 years ago.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

That's old.  It was a new NCL policy that they reversed almost as soon as it was issued.  It was a debate of maybe 9 years ago.

Whew! Thanks...being new to this board I had to ask...

Sure glad that got overturned...DW and I like to bring back a desert now and then...perhaps some cheese and crackers, etc...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

What privilege?  I think people who run to the corner to defend NCL at every turn is a bit much.  While I think its reasonable to charge money for more lobster, I dont believe for a second that top shelf liquor and lobster charges have anything to do with customers trying to bilk NCL.  Its all a way to make bigger profits. 

Sort of reminds me of when NCL announced no more towel animals because of "environmental reasons" or not bringing food to the cabin for "safety reasons."   But many believe that. 
Its all enhancing the guest experience of course!

I’m usually a semi cheerleader but I agree with you on this. After spending big bucks on the Haven it’s a pretty blatant money grab to charge for a second tail. 
 I really can’t see that many people that abused it. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

I’m usually a semi cheerleader but I agree with you on this. After spending big bucks on the Haven it’s a pretty blatant money grab to charge for a second tail. 
 I really can’t see that many people that abused it. 

I'm annoyed enough that on my next cruise I will blatantly abuse absolutely everything.... except the lobster tail.  Clearly they only consider multiple lobsters to be excessive.  Since that's the only charge for additional food in the Haven, I will be eating a full cow's worth of filet.  Surf and turf and turf and turf and turf and turf and turf and turf?  Yes please!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Yesimapirate said:

I'm annoyed enough that on my next cruise I will blatantly abuse absolutely everything.... except the lobster tail.  Clearly they only consider multiple lobsters to be excessive.  Since that's the only charge for additional food in the Haven, I will be eating a full cow's worth of filet.  Surf and turf and turf and turf and turf and turf and turf and turf?  Yes please!

Yeah, that'll teach 'em.👺  It really doesn't sound like you're focused on having fun on your next cruise.

• Like 1