Emerald Princess Question

keacat

Hi All!  After pretty much sailing exclusively with Royal and Celebrity, we are excited to go on our first Princess Cruise. We are booked in D624 on the Emerald Princess (Panama Canal out of LA with the Solar Eclipse). I can only find one review of this cabin from many years ago and it was not a good one-lots of noise from an (unmarked) crew area. I did check the cabin compilation. Nothing there.  Does anyone have any experience with this cabin? I am trying to decide if I should bid to upgrade our cabin and will do it if this one is a noise nightmare.  Thanks!

I’ve not been on Emerald yet, but the Deck Plan indicates you are on the Dolphin deck, which has no public ares, and that you are nicely sandwiched between Caribe and Emerald decks which are also devoid of public areas. So I think you can expect minimal cabin noise. Enjoy our cruise!

• Like 2

I looked for reviews for you and found the cabin next to it with no mention of noise from 2018.

Perhaps the very old review of 2008 had something going on?  They should have reported noise to GS.  

Maybe someone who’s sailed recently can advise.  Looks like a nice cabin.

BTW, welcome to the Princess forum!

12 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

It might be a matter of what is in the white area across from the cabin.  Probably crew/service area but no way to tell.  EM

Exactly!  I guess I can bring my white noise and hope for the best.  Thanks for your reply!

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I looked for reviews for you and found the cabin next to it with no mention of noise from 2018.

Perhaps the very old review of 2008 had something going on?  They should have reported noise to GS.  

Maybe someone who’s sailed recently can advise.  Looks like a nice cabin.

BTW, welcome to the Princess forum!

I will keep my eyes open for any other input.  Thanks for checking for me.  And thanks!  I like this forum very much-you are all very helpful.

14 hours ago, keacat said:

After pretty much sailing exclusively with Royal and Celebrity, we are excited to go on our first Princess Cruise. 

Welcome to the board and to Princess!!

Selfishly, I hope you have a great experience because we are in the same boat as you which would mean we made a great choice to expand our experiences!

We are Diamond+ with RCCL but made the decision to cruise Princess for the 1st time in May.

• Like 1

Thanks so much!  We are Diamond + as well, so while I am sad to not have the RCCL points for a two-week cruise, I am looking forward to a new experience!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, keacat said:

Thanks so much!  We are Diamond + as well, so while I am sad to not have the RCCL points for a two-week cruise, I am looking forward to a new experience!

In case you are interested, below is a link to our "Live" from the Emerald this past July.

• Like 2

We have been on the Emerald many times and will be on it again next month.  We always get D632 on a cabin next to it so that we are near the aft elevators.  Their has never been a problem with noise at any time of day or night.  D624 is near where we always book.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

We have been on the Emerald many times and will be on it again next month.  We always get D632 on a cabin next to it so that we are near the aft elevators.  Their has never been a problem with noise at any time of day or night.  D624 is near where we always book.  

Wonderful news!  Thanks so much!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, satxdiver said:

You forgot to tell kecat about the awesome enrichment speaker on that cruise! 😉

sun1nc TSE Emerald 44 Experience.jpg

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, teecee60 said:

You forgot to tell kecat about the awesome enrichment speaker on that cruise! 😉

sun1nc TSE Emerald 44 Experience.jpg

Is that you, Satxdiver?  Honestly, the Eclipse is the specific reason we are going on this cruise.  I will jump over to the Roll Call to learn more!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keacat said:

Is that you, Satxdiver?  Honestly, the Eclipse is the specific reason we are going on this cruise.  I will jump over to the Roll Call to learn more!

That post was not mine.  teecee60 is the speaker that is doing the presentation.  One of the reasons we will be on the Emerald next month for the TSE and the trip through the PC using the new locks.  We did the through PC over a decade ago on the Island through the old locks and it was fantastic.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We got off the Emerald about a month ago. We were in D733 which is at the end of the hall so naturally quiet. That area down there near your cabin is near the crew elevators but overall the entire Dolphin deck hallway was quiet whenever we were walking up and down it. Don’t think you’ll have much of an issue

Edited by fpsphil
  • Like 1

Long time RCCL, 1st time Princess cruiser here, anyone have feedback on Emerald D325 or cabin(s) nearby?  We are sailing in May/June.

Thanks in advance for any info.