Using cruisefirst certificate after already booked

I think i asked this before but i didn't buy a cruisefirst at booking as i felt i may not use it.Cruise agent says you can't use after cruise has been booked. Can you apply on payment screen still?

7 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I think i asked this before but i didn't buy a cruisefirst at booking as i felt i may not use it.Cruise agent says you can't use after cruise has been booked. Can you apply on payment screen still?

The only way I 'think' you might be able to do it would be to cancel your cruise.  Then book a new one.  I don't know if that would work or not.  You would be subject to change in the price of your cabin.  Like maybe you cancel with NCL and then you rebook tomorrow with Costco or something.  I don't know......

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kalypso333 said:

I learned the hard way. Cruisefirst is very restrictive. No more for me. 

i buy cruise first certificates exclusively, so naturally i'm curious... what did you learn the hard way? and which restrictions concern you?

i have found them to offer real savings, with none of the cruise next flimflam or guess work or endless waiting for a double up promo.

• Like 1

They cannot be used outside of a new reservation. I usually have a few cruises booked a couple years out. I don’t think to apply credits when booking. 

Kip

9 hours ago, thesnoopster2 said:

The only way I 'think' you might be able to do it would be to cancel your cruise.  Then book a new one.  I don't know if that would work or not.  You would be subject to change in the price of your cabin.  Like maybe you cancel with NCL and then you rebook tomorrow with Costco or something.  I don't know......

The T&C specifically prohibit  that.  They say if you cancel and then rebook the same cruise while applying a Cruise First, the Cruise First will be removed.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

The T&C specifically prohibit  that.  They say if you cancel and then rebook the same cruise while applying a Cruise First, the Cruise First will be removed.

Harsh. I guess that’s why I still only use cruise next. But if I were all out I’d probably do a cruise first if I was booking a fresh cruise. 

11 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I stand corrected.  Sucks

20 hours ago, UKstages said:

i have found them to offer real savings, with none of the cruise next flimflam or guess work or endless waiting for a double up promo.

Here we go!  I must be leading a privileged life.  I've bought many CruiseNext certs.  I've never been flimflam'd.  I've always had double up promos appear well before final payment on affected cruises (they seem to pop up for all cabin types about once a month).  

What is this "guess work?"  Do tell.

10 hours ago, KSSS2013 said:

Harsh. I guess that’s why I still only use cruise next. But if I were all out I’d probably do a cruise first if I was booking a fresh cruise. 

You could just book the cruise and then apply one or two CNs when you acquire some.  That works best for frequent cruisers who book well in advance.

11 minutes ago, EngrJones said:

You could just book the cruise and then apply one or two CNs when you acquire some.  That works best for frequent cruisers who book well in advance.

Maybe, maybe not. New terms for certificates purchased after 1/11/24, no current info if NCL will hold to their own terms - or let it slide. Terms have always said new reservations, but note the new wording "Credits may not be applied to existing reservations"

image.png.0e9ad7061515a89643a727d3a7515985.png

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Maybe, maybe not. New terms for certificates purchased after 1/11/24, no current info if NCL will hold to their own terms - or let it slide. Terms have always said new reservations, but note the new wording "Credits may not be applied to existing reservations"

image.png.0e9ad7061515a89643a727d3a7515985.png

True.  However, they also don't appear to come with that onerous "cancel/rebook will cost you the added value" threat.  I generally have a number of future bookings quite far out.  In the majority of cases, the prices and promos since booking have been stable, so if I HAD to cancel/rebook to use CNs, I could easily do it.

48 minutes ago, EngrJones said:

True. I’ve pulled back on my NCL cruises to around once a year. I’ve started exploring other lines. 
  I have also bought CNs off the secondary market just to keep some. With no expiration date I’m more inclined to buy more when I am cruising. 

19 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Has this been enforced recently? Last month I canceled my existing reservation and re-booked exactly the same cruise using CruiseFirst as deposit. My reservation shows $500 CF applied towards the total cost. 

1 hour ago, dhanakorn said:

Has this been enforced recently? Last month I canceled my existing reservation and re-booked exactly the same cruise using CruiseFirst as deposit. My reservation shows $500 CF applied towards the total cost. 

Either you got away with it or you will be getting a notice soon telling you it ain't gonna happen. I've only seen posts from people who had them removed, don't recall anyone saying NCL let it go through.

4 hours ago, dhanakorn said:

Read the T&C.   Doesn't say you can't apply, says  they will remove it if you do.  IOW, they still could.  Remember their IT works slowly.

On 3/2/2024 at 4:56 AM, RocketMan275 said:

Can you re book a week later? Or a few days later?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, julig22 said:

Either you got away with it or you will be getting a notice soon telling you it ain't gonna happen. I've only seen posts from people who had them removed, don't recall anyone saying NCL let it go through.

I might be the first one to add to the statistics that you could apply CF when rebooking the same cruise 😁

I’ve cruised with NCL for 10 years and one thing that seems to be consistent with NCL is the inconsistency with T&C. 

Edited by dhanakorn
  • Like 2