INDONESIAN VISA ON ARRIVAL

JJean

Did you get the recent email which included the following :

Indonesian Visa

Guests must secure any necessary visas and have all required travel documents prior to boarding. Guests who arrive without the proper requirements will be denied boarding.

Before entering Indonesia, US and Canadian guests must apply for an Electronic Visa on Arrival ($35 USD) and print proof for boarding day – digital proof will not be accepted at the terminal.

• Some of our guests can enjoy visa-free entry to Indonesia based on their nationality.
    • To see if you’re eligible for visa-free entry, review the list of countries here.
  • Guests who require a visa must apply no later than two (2) weeks prior to the sail date to ensure timely approval.
    • To apply for an Electronic Visa on Arrival, please visit the Immigration website here.
    • When applying for the visa, please make sure to provide your name and personal data as it is reflected on your travel documentation.
  • Like 1

Yes, I did see that but on the Indonesian website it stated you could get it at the port.  I

could fill it out but then I could not convert to JPG .

What trouble are you having?  I'll agree it's not the most efficient system and uploading your passport photo can be challenging, but I definitely would not wait till you arrived.  Too much hassle, possible long lines, language barrier if you need assistance, poor wi-fi (if any) in the terminal, and no ability to print.  You may have to pay in IDR too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJean said:

Yes, I did see that but on the Indonesian website it stated you could get it at the port.  I

Suggest you visit your local library.  They will have a computer that can convert the document and print it out.   Happy to assist if you have problems. Uploading pics easy.  Our local libraries charge ten cents a page for copies.  Best bargain around.

I both print the documents AND email them to my phone.

2 hours ago, JJean said:

I can convert your files.   You can find my email in the roll call.  Send to me and I’ll send back both jpeg and pdf.  

2 hours ago, JJean said:

Seems clear that you need to have this done or won’t be on the ship.  

I see @abbydancer2003 has offered to help.  Sounds like problem solved.

@JJean:  You started a thread about the Indonesian visa yesterday.  Did you read the response by  Jim?  Since we went through the process last fall I realize the Indonesian visa is a pain to deal with but you will need to deal with it before you leave.  

On 3/2/2024 at 12:58 PM, JJean said:

Visa on arrival is designed for arrival by air.  When we were on Edge out of Singapore it was required as part of boarding.   Some were hung up for hours trying to do it in the terminal.

What specifically are you trying to convert to JPEG?    There are hundreds of free converts are the internet.    Just google on convert whatever format you have to JPG Free and you will pop up a list.   Most of the time all you have to do is select Save and from the pull down select JPG. 

I used one myself to resize my photo to meet the restriction

https://imageresizer.com/

At the bottom you can select file format JPG.