Online booking not working?

TrinaLC

• 1 month later...

We just booked with Explora. The website is impossible to accomplish anything. You have to use your TA or call Explora for an assist. That includes restaurant, spa, excursion, and flight reservations. Even the check in has to be emailed to you to complete.

Having said all that, everything has gone smoothly. 
It’s just different, and perhaps the website will improve in time. 

I was able to set up my account but Explora insists I have "0" cruises booked.  I have paper evidence to the contrary but don't confuse the website with facts.  Is the MSC site this bad?

Explora uses the SeaWare software from Versonix, which is also blamed for Azamara's website woes.  MSC is not listed as a SeaWare customer.  But there are also many other cruise lines that use it, and they seem to have good website functionality – so I don't know why these two recent customers are both having problems.

https://www.versonix.com/customers/

• Like 1

I was advised by Explora themselves that the website could not be used for booking any types of services. I set up an account with a password and profile (including one booked cruise) and downloaded their app, but the Explora agent told me that I needed to go through them or my TA to book or reserve anything. He also said that the app is only helpful once on the ship.

Like I said before, everything has gone smoothly in the booking process. It’s just different.

Just don’t screw up my Negroni when I’m on the ship 🍸

• Like 1

It is frustrating that the website doesn't work. And really hard to understand how a large company would not have halfway decent software engineers. I can't book any excursions on line. MSC also has a poor website that has many issues. As a first time client of Explora Journey's it is not a good first impression. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2024 at 11:40 PM, ael123 said:

It is frustrating that the website doesn't work. And really hard to understand how a large company would not have halfway decent software engineers. I can't book any excursions on line. MSC also has a poor website that has many issues. As a first time client of Explora Journey's it is not a good first impression. 

I agree 100% - the website (when it works - our booking has disappeared from time to time) is a disaster and it makes a terrible first impression.  And, calling the Cruise Ambassadors (Explora lingo) is time consuming and many times they share incorrect information.

After three calls, I could confirm a couple of restaurant reservations (each call takes a while as you need to confirm booking numbers, etc with the agent.)

Booking shore excursions (or whatever Explora calls them) was a complete fiasco: after a couple of calls, I confirmed the excursions we desired but then we received an invoice requiring advance payment for said shore excursions (ridiculous); the Ambassador never mentioned this to me.  Our intent was/is to use our onboard credit to cover the cost of said excursions  (isn't that the purpose of an onboard credit?).  After three more calls, and more misinformation, we were finally advised that the onboard credit can only be used once onboard and not for any type of advance bookings - sorry, but that policy does not sound like luxury to me and we have never had any such issues with Silversea or Regent.  The end result of this silly story - we cancelled the shore excursions and will re-book them once onboard the vessel so we can use the onboard credit.  What a waste of everyone's time.

I understand that Explora is a new line and still figuring things out - but they are part of the huge MSC group.  An operational website and a practical shore excursions booking procedure should not be challenges.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LAL Cruiser said:

I understand that Explora is a new line and still figuring things out - but they are part of the huge MSC group.

The biggest and (at least for 2023) most-profitable part of MSC's business does not complain about anything.