Norwegian Jade Balcony

Hi all,

Just booked 3 rooms on the Jade for a cruise sailing August 3rd. 

All our rooms are balcony rooms on the 9th deck forward and are right next to each other but not connecting rooms on the inside. 

Will we be able to have our balconies opened up and connecting so we can go from room to room more comfortably without going into hallway? 

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the reply. 

Do you know why we won't be able to? We've done it on other ships and other cruise lines, this the first time the family does NCL so first opportunity for adjoining balconies.

Just a little disappointing if true.

Posted (edited)

Got it, thanks for the clarification. 

That sucks, we were able to do it on two separate Royal Caribbean cruises over the last few years and it's something to look forward to at night just all hanging out together on the giant balcony.

I'll try my best to grease the wheels with our room attendant and see if they can do something for us lol.

Edited by dannyv23

2 minutes ago, dannyv23 said:

Got it, thanks for the clarification. 

I'll try my best to grease the wheels with our room attendant and see if they can do something for us lol.

Please don't. Good chance they'd lose their job. It's not allowed for fire safety reasons, especially while the ship is moving.

• Like 3

Oh you guys are right, I wouldn't want someone to jeopardize their job for something so trivial. I'll give it a looksie to see if it's sometime simple to accomplish and just do it for the while we'll be out there. 

Otherwise we'll just hang out on one or something, not the end of the world. Just know Mom and Dad love having all the kids there together listening to a little music and dancing.

The Jade has been reconfigured since my trip, but my balcony partition was easy for neighbors to stick their head around and socialize, which I did not welcome but you might.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, dannyv23 said:

Oh you guys are right, I wouldn't want someone to jeopardize their job for something so trivial. I'll give it a looksie to see if it's sometime simple to accomplish and just do it for the while we'll be out there. 

Otherwise we'll just hang out on one or something, not the end of the world. Just know Mom and Dad love having all the kids there together listening to a little music and dancing.

I sympathize with wanting to do this - I have a big family, and we'd love that too. But as an individual cruiser, I'm also fervently glad that NCL won't let my balcony neighbors open a three-wide balcony next to me (or above me or below me) and have multiple people out there playing music and dancing

I stretch my budget until it screams to be able to book balconies, cruising less to do so, and my biggest fear is that I'll end up with an unfortunate balcony neighbor. For most people, an "unfortunate balcony neighbor" was someone who used their balcony to smoke back when that was allowed. That would never have bothered me in the least compared to noisy, chatty, social neighbors, multiple kids, etc.  Being next to an ongoing multi-cabin social would be horrible for me. I've gotten lucky in that my balcony neighbors have always been sociable, audible (I'm not looking for library-quiet by any means), but nothing constant or noisy such that I could never get a quiet moment

It's nice that you are so decent about not responding to comments here defensively by insisting you have the right and will take it to the manager, etc etc. Breath of fresh air! So I'm hoping you take my desire to have some quiet time on my balcony, or at least the opportunity for some nights without a gathering next door in the same good spirit

ETA: I've been on the Jade twice, both times for longer Mediterranean cruises, and it's a great ship. I think the Gem class on NCL is the best of their line - large enough to have variety but small enough that you don't feel like it's a swarm of people. Plus the lifeboats are tucked into the hull, so your balcony will not look down onto the top of lifeboats. I hope you like it

Edited by Miss Ellsworth
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, dannyv23 said:

PLEASE choose the middle room for this! 😄  (Not that I will be on the same cruise, but I would hate to be the neighbour of a gathering like this!)

And have a nice time, wherever you spend it! 😄 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dannyv23 said:

Just know Mom and Dad love having all the kids there together listening to a little music and dancing.

For the sake of your neighbors, I hope you mean listening to a little music on headphones and having a silent disco.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No, ours are on the side of the ship, not all the way in front. 

I love how everyone is crying about noise and acting like we are in a library when out on the balcony.

We're talking about two 80 year old parents who play some old timey music off their phone for nostalgia sake for us to do a little fun dancing to. 

And this is usually before dinner while we're waiting for the last of our party to finish getting ready to go while we have a sip of wine or something. Nothing disruptive.

1 hour ago, dannyv23 said:

I love how everyone is crying about noise and acting like we are in a library when out on the balcony.

We're talking about two 80 year old parents who play some old timey music off their phone for nostalgia sake for us to do a little fun dancing to. 

And this is usually before dinner while we're waiting for the last of our party to finish getting ready to go while we have a sip of wine or something. Nothing disruptive.

Please feel free to go about your day. Criticers are...well...critics. Of anything and everything. I'm sure the dancing will be just fine. Heck, I've been on my balcony plenty of times and heard the thump thump thump of the crappy DJ on the lido deck. I survived.

Also...my husband opened the balcony partition when we were next to an empty room. It's not hard (I don't know how he did it), but within five seconds the partition was open. 

17 hours ago, dannyv23 said:

The first few on the side, from the front, are hull balconies.  Port and Starboard.