Canadians unable to see pricing?

Perky1

Am I the only one not able to see pricing?  I get a message that they are sorry it cannot complete my request and to call.  This has been happening for several days now.  Is it happening to anyone else?

• Like 1

I get the same thing. I've reported it to Princess but customer support doesn't seem to care. They just want to know what cruise I want to book. I emailed customer relations but no response yet.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I seem to be OK. Just checked on one cruise, but get detailed Canadian prices.

Edit: I just tried another cruise (different destination) and got the error.

Edited by rodndonna

Me too has been like this since March 1. Pricing a cruise for 2026 and wanted to see price changes. Looking at both Princess and celebrity but not ready to book yet. Clearing cache/cookies/history doesn’t help. Also tried different browsers and devices.

I noticed others commenting with the same problem on Princess' Facebook page. They responded that their web team are aware of the issue and working on it. Hopefully not much longer. 

• Like 1

I went through the mock booking and ended up with the 'error' message.  I then signed in to my Princess account and everything popped up as usual.  Price(s) for two upcoming cruises I have, have gone up about 6% over last couple of weeks.

It seems a little better now. I usually still get the error message however if I reload/refresh the page it will load properly. It used to be that even reloading/refreshing the page wouldn't help. Progress I guess.

9 hours ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

It seems a little better now. I usually still get the error message however if I reload/refresh the page it will load properly. It used to be that even reloading/refreshing the page wouldn't help. Progress I guess.

Refreshing only worked once for me.  After that it would not work again even after I closed the browser and started again.

2 hours ago, Perky1 said:

Refreshing only worked once for me.  After that it would not work again even after I closed the browser and started again.

Yeah, it is not working for me again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

Yeah, it is not working for me again. 

Just tried again and no luck.  Thank goodness I can still access my bookings.  Princess IT people are so bad.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hokiefans said:

I think they change the exchange rates around the first of March so this may be the issue.

This thought crossed my mind, although PCL does not change the exchange rate on a set schedule any longer (not for several years now).  

• Like 1

Something fishy going on.  I am in Florida right now and see USD pricing by default (YES!!).  I will see CAD pricing only if I login.   (If you are reading this, Princess, please give us a currency flag so we can select which we want).

I did a sample booking for Enchanted in the Caribbean next Winter, Inside cabin.  I had a price of $1,220 for IA and $1,110 for IB.  The port taxes were $199.36 (a bit odd, I thought since they are normally rounded to fifty cents or a dollar).  It showed as $200 on the selection pages, but $199.36 on the detail to be invoiced.

Logged in I noticed the port taxes being displayed as $270 (never got to the detailed invoice amount).  This indicates an exchange rate of 1.35 which is what PCL has been using for a long time now.

However, I was seeing the same IB priced at $1,565 CAD.  This is an exchange rate of 1.41.  Yikes!!!  I has opportunity to check two other numbers and it was similar.  And then I got locked out as reported above, so my examination is incomplete. 

It could be they have been in midst of changing pricing with a new exchange rate and locked out customers.

• Thanks 1

Due to the above lock-out situation, I accessed a Canadian travel site that uses the same booking engine pages as my preferred US travel agencies. 

I shopped Enchanted for March 2026 10-nighter.  I got IB = $1,585.65 + port taxes of $302.92.  I got IA = $1,737.15 + port taxes of $302.92.  I used the NL1 Fare Code (Standard Public Fare so as to not get any geo-pricing clouding the results).  I also used Standard Fare package.

I then went to a US agency website using the same booking engine and repeated the process.  I got IB = $1,175 + $224.39 port taxes.  I got IA = $1,287 + $224.39 port taxes. 

All of the above numbers indicate PCL is still using a 1.35 exchange rate from USD to CAD pricing.  

Something is definitely wacky with Princess.com booking.  Notice that the port taxes are not even the same in USD between Princess.com and agency booking engine (which accesses Princess POLAR booking system).

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Due to the above lock-out situation, I accessed a Canadian travel site that uses the same booking engine pages as my preferred US travel agencies. 

I shopped Enchanted for March 2026 10-nighter.  I got IB = $1,585.65 + port taxes of $302.92.  I got IA = $1,737.15 + port taxes of $302.92.  I used the NL1 Fare Code (Standard Public Fare so as to not get any geo-pricing clouding the results).  I also used Standard Fare package.

I then went to a US agency website using the same booking engine and repeated the process.  I got IB = $1,175 + $224.39 port taxes.  I got IA = $1,287 + $224.39 port taxes. 

All of the above numbers indicate PCL is still using a 1.35 exchange rate from USD to CAD pricing.  

Something is definitely wacky with Princess.com booking.  Notice that the port taxes are not even the same in USD between Princess.com and agency booking engine (which accesses Princess POLAR booking system).

Thanks for taking the time to try to get some understanding of what’s going on with Princess online.  Thankfully, I’m not looking to book at this time and my current bookings are secure.   Must be hugely frustrating for those wanting to get prices and book.  Big mistake by Princess!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

You can access Princess pricing using a big box TA website.

Maybe so but you'd think the cruise line would be interested in making the pricing directly available to prospective clients.

• Like 1