Carnival Stock (CCL)

34 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

March 8,2024 CCL stock on a  strong upward movement in early trading 😁

That's nice, especially if you plan to sell, which I donot 😉

March 8 ,2024  Carnival Stock making a very nice gain in early trading  . It pays ypo own more than just the 100 shares for the  stock holder on board credits . Buying more shares gives the opportunity for major profits  imo . The corporation is adding new ships to the Carnival & Princess fleets this year  as cruise booking hit a new high 

On 3/5/2024 at 6:56 AM, vms said:

Thank you @crystalspin

I'm going to try the Stockperks way and if there's an issue, I'll call my broker about changing my address. I get a monthly statement, so I should have plenty of time before my September cruise to get it figured out.

Just an update.

I had to submit a photo of my statement since I go through Edward Jones which doesn't have an automated login process. The page of my statement with my CCL stock didn't have my address on it. I did blackout my account number and submitted the photo. Took 2 days to be verified as an eligible stock owner. 

Now submitting for my specific cruise, but seems straightforward.

So no issues with addresses not matching from my perspective. Hope that helps others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2024 at 6:36 PM, 1025cruise said:

Sounds like something to discuss with a financial advisor.

I did and asked my advisor if it was a good idea to add to my CCL position. He said yes. I had second thoughts later that day and told him maybe I should sell my CCL stock and he said that was a good idea too (old broker advisor joke which does ring true).

We have been on eight cruises on seven lines.  When we started this endeavor, we purchased 100 shares of Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and NCL to capture the shareholder benefits.

We sold the NCL stock as we won't be cruising with them again.

Last week, my DW asked me how our investment was doing.  We had an unrealized gain of $7500.  WOW! And $650 in on board credits.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chisoxfan said:

I did and asked my advisor if it was a good idea to add to my CCL position. He said yes. I had second thoughts later that day and told him maybe I should sell my CCL stock and he said that was a good idea too (old broker advisor joke which does ring true).

When you make a commission off the client it's always a good idea lol. 

On a serious note cruise stocks generally were very good performers historically prior to COVID. I used that to make my decision to buy when they tanked during COVID...at least for Royal and Carnival as I wasn't sure NCL was gonna make it. 

13 hours ago, Steeler808 said:

When you make a commission off the client it's always a good idea lol. 

On a serious note cruise stocks generally were very good performers historically prior to COVID. I used that to make my decision to buy when they tanked during COVID...at least for Royal and Carnival as I wasn't sure NCL was gonna make it. 

I put my last 20 dollar chip on 32 red which won and that was my best 'investment'. :classic_biggrin: