Carnival Stock (CCL)

Seems that the the $16s price range will soon  be left behind as cruise bookings keep increasing  .What are your thoughts ?

For those who do not know ,owning 100 shares of CCL will get you extra on board credits as follows 

Cruise length :

1 to 7 days = $50  on board credit

7 to 13 days = $100  on board creit 

14 days & more = $250 on board credit 

The request is now through Stockperks /Carnival .you need your booking number ,Ship name & Sail daye to get the on board credit applied to your sailing 

• Like 1

Just downloaded the Stockperks app yesterday. Filled in some of the requested info but not all.

Some were just a bit too intrusive. Did send an image of the Investment account showing CCL etc.

Waiting to hear back in a few days. Two cruises, $250 for each cruise is a nice little bonus.

35 minutes ago, bajakiter said:

Just downloaded the Stockperks app yesterday. Filled in some of the requested info but not all.

Some were just a bit too intrusive. Did send an image of the Investment account showing CCL etc.

Waiting to hear back in a few days. Two cruises, $250 for each cruise is a nice little bonus.

All you need to do is send a copy of your brokerage statement proving you own stock to Stockperks. You can block out most of the personal and identifying info. There has been a couple of very detailed threads on the topic.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bajakiter said:

When I did mine a few weeks ago I to waited a day or two expecting another email telling me it's been approved. Got nothing so went on the app and it was approved. Put in my cruise booking info and did get an email in a couple of hours telling me the OBC was applied to my cruise.  

My brokerage account address is different than my mailing address. Is that going to cause issues? Bought my 100 shares during the pandemic and my upcoming fall cruise will be my first time trying to use the shareholder benefit.

Also any ideas of when we will know about if the benefit will be continued for fall 2024 cruises?

5 hours ago, vms said:

My brokerage account address is different than my mailing address. Is that going to cause issues? Bought my 100 shares during the pandemic and my upcoming fall cruise will be my first time trying to use the shareholder benefit.

Also any ideas of when we will know about if the benefit will be continued for fall 2024 cruises?

Our September quarterly stock statement had our old address on it (we closed on the new house in October), while our mailing and HAL address had been changed when we filed for the benefit in November. SHB did not go through! Our financial advisor had the genius idea to change our address in the system and then buy 5 more shares of stock to force the account to print out a new statement.

This is why I don't understand how people are whiting out their address on the statement (which I also did and got rejected). They did want to see and cross-confirm my address!

I believe the Carnival board meeting is mid or late April, but open to correction.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vms said:

Already corrected! by CC'er @Alphen who posted tonight with a link. The SHB is approved through the end of the year. (Only six months at a time? Waah, I need it through Feb'25!)

• Like 2

Thank you @crystalspin

I'm going to try the Stockperks way and if there's an issue, I'll call my broker about changing my address. I get a monthly statement, so I should have plenty of time before my September cruise to get it figured out.

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Already corrected! by CC'er @Alphen who posted tonight with a link. The SHB is approved through the end of the year. (Only six months at a time? Waah, I need it through Feb'25!)

I "suspect" it will now be annual - Jan 1 - Dec 31 going forward with StockPerks.

• Like 2

I thought the idea was to blank out your brokerage account number, not your address.

The cruise line has your address anyway and the stock credit would need it as an identifier.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

I thought the idea was to blank out your brokerage account number, not your address.

The cruise line has your address anyway and the stock credit would need it as an identifier.

No address on the statements I have used the last 2 years, the only identifier is my name. Your address should be blacked out, having a current address on the form may be a reason to reject it.

• Like 1

I applied for the SHB via the old email addy (CCLshareholderHAL) as that was the process I found when I googled it. That was February 23. I blocked out my home address as that was in the instructions I found and they approved it stating that I would have to go through stockperks in the future.

So if you really are having a problem with stockperks due to your home address being different you MIGHT get lucky by blocking it out and submitting the request to the old email.

• Like 3

On 3/4/2024 at 8:36 AM, bajakiter said:

Received emails confirming the $250 shareholder credit for both cruises. Submitted Sunday, completed Tuesday. Much faster than the old system. Cruise starts April 7, so 4 weeks away.

Carnival Corporation has engaged Stockperks to implement a more automated and streamlined process for the processing of shareholder benefits. During the ongoing transition phase, shareholders may be redirected to Stockperks to engage with our updated redemption process. The Stockperks service is governed by Stockperks’ Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and may be subject to other Stockperks policies and terms.

For information regarding Stockperks’ use and processing of your information, technical support, account setup, and all other questions regarding the use of Stockperks, please contact Stockperks at carnivalcorp@stockperks.com. For all other questions, please contact us at 1 800-845-2599 EXT 70450.

Customer By Service Email (02/23/2024 03:47 PM)

I received this reply back from Carnival after submitting my stockholder benefit request.  I am not sure if I need to do something more or not?  Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

I received this reply back from Carnival after submitting my stockholder benefit request.  I am not sure if I need to do something more or not?  Any ideas?

Yes you need to download the Stockperks app and do it the new way. You will not get your SHB if you do not at least try the new way.

"Download the Stockperks app today and create your profile. Then visit the Carnival profile and select the cruise line you're sailing on to confirm eligibility and claim your onboard credit!"

5 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:
Carnival Corporation has engaged Stockperks to implement a more automated and streamlined process for the processing of shareholder benefits. During the ongoing transition phase, shareholders may be redirected to Stockperks to engage with our updated redemption process. The Stockperks service is governed by Stockperks’ Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and may be subject to other Stockperks policies and terms.

For information regarding Stockperks’ use and processing of your information, technical support, account setup, and all other questions regarding the use of Stockperks, please contact Stockperks at carnivalcorp@stockperks.com. For all other questions, please contact us at 1 800-845-2599 EXT 70450.

I signed up for the shareholder benefit through the app tonight.

When I tried it last month, I did NOT try it because I thought that the app required me to enter my passwords for my brokerage account.  This time, all I had to do was to take a photo of my latest brokerage statement showing that I owned Carnival Corp. stock.

It took all of about 10 minutes total and was quite easy.

6 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

Oh, that's too bad. Weird as I submitted to the old email on 02/23 and got a reply on 02/25 with an approval and advisement to use the stockperks in the future. 

But seems like most haven't had much trouble with getting their SHB approved. Good luck!

Did the stockperks.  Took 3 days to prove I had the stock, I have fidelity so requires a screen shot and human processing.  then under a day from the submission of request to having the email saying it was approved.

FWIW, I did not even try to use stockperks and had zero problems getting my OBC.  I sent an email to World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com and attached my brokerage statement along with my booking #, passenger names, ship and sail date.  Four days later I received an email indicating that my $250 OBC was approved and would be credited to my account upon embarkation.  There was no mention of stockperks at all.  Your mileage my vary, but this was what worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, donandmelissa said:

FWIW, I did not even try to use stockperks and had zero problems getting my OBC.  I sent an email to World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com and attached my brokerage statement along with my booking #, passenger names, ship and sail date.  Four days later I received an email indicating that my $250 OBC was approved and would be credited to my account upon embarkation.  There was no mention of stockperks at all.  Your mileage my vary, but this was what worked for me.

When? that is the key thing. Feb 29 may have been a hard cut off date to switch over.