Sun Princess Signature Benefits and Experiences

23 hours ago, chamima said:

Sorry to say, yes.

I got an email (that I 've posted several times) saying I can upgrade to the Sanctuary class and the Premium for $138/pp/pd.

We already are in a Sanctuary cabin and have the Plus package and besides that the Premium package is only $90/day to start with.

So something is VERY glitchy with Princess right now.

(And when I try to log on I've gotten the "under maintenance" notice for the last 4 days.)

BUT - If these notices about having the Premium package are in writing you have nothing to lose by printing them out and bringing them with you!😄 

Could be but its a minority of people that are on this website. I can imagine many pre-sanctuary announcement suite customers who not originally pay for Premium will see their bookings and imagine they have it. Princess will have a lot of explaining to do once on board

I tried to book Premium before the change to $90 and coudn't, either on line, app or on phone.I am in anS 9 showing Premium which I didn't book. I have no interest in unlimited SD so if this is a glitch, I was denied the ability to purchase Premium at $80 when I wanted to.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Could be but its a minority of people that are on this website. I can imagine many pre-sanctuary announcement suite customers who not originally pay for Premium will see their bookings and imagine they have it. Princess will have a lot of explaining to do once on board

I tried to book Premium before the change to $90 and coudn't, either on line, app or on phone.I am in anS 9 showing Premium which I didn't book. I have no interest in unlimited SD so if this is a glitch, I was denied the ability to purchase Premium at $80 when I wanted to.

I see your point- we have been blocked from purchasing plus & old Premier.

Chat & my call to Princess tried to sell me a package, then when I said my account says I have premier I was disconnected.  No reply from customer relations yet.

I will just go to GS as soon as I board and sort it out.

My app shows this.  I purchased the Plus pkg for my May 2025 cruise. Is this what others are talking about or is this a generic specialty dining screen advertising the Premier pkg?

IMG_2802.jpeg

Edited by shirazcruiser
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

My app shows this.  I purchased the Plus pkg for my May 2025 cruise. Is this what others are talking about or is this a generic specialty dining screen advertising the Premier pkg?

IMG_2802.jpeg

This shows for all my bookings- with and without a package. So, no, not what I am talking about.

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2024 at 5:48 PM, FLAlaska said:

I betcha some of us are watching closely to see if our Premier remains on our booking, like we did for the Star comp cruise!

On 8/24/2024 at 9:44 PM, dog said:

IMG_5914.thumb.jpeg.8f85efa64a53575188fabb217d839f5a.jpeg

12 minutes ago, dog said:

I betcha some of us are watching closely to see if our Premier remains on our booking, like we did for the Star comp cruise!

If the image above is the only notice you have of having the Premier package you will have a tough time proving that to Princess.

As I said before, the bidding site to upgrade cabins  (which is where that screenshot is from) is from a third party, not Princess, so any misinformation is on them.

5 minutes ago, chamima said:

If the image above is the only notice you have of having the Premier package you will have a tough time proving that to Princess.

As I said before, the bidding site to upgrade cabins  (which is where that screenshot is from) is from a third party, not Princess, so any misinformation is on them.

No, this bid is not the only place I see the package on my Sun booking.

I am not out to prove anything to Princess.

I am out to get answers as to WHY my app tells me I purchased the Premier package. I am blocked from booking any bundle. My personalizer tells me I purchased the premier package and I am trying to find out exactly why chat & princess agents do not see the same as I do on my booking.

i post here as others are the same as me.

I am waiting for a response from customer relations.

I do not expect anything other then access to the Sanctuary and private restaurant for my Sanctuary balcony.  I did pay an extra $400 over the other deluxe balcony cabins for those 2 benefits.

done here.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Does anyone have any idea how far out you can book specialty restaurants on the Sun?

We booked ours in early May for a November cruise. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

Does anyone have any idea how far out you can book specialty restaurants on the Sun?

Currently all booked for December and January 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

We were able to book specialty dining now for May 2025.

We're sailing in May also and every restaurant and date I selected for our 21 day cruise had an "! Error" message with "Sorry! There are no available time slots for this date" This can't be true for every single restaurant, every date and time. I guess I'll have to wait awhite more.

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

We're sailing in May also and every restaurant and date I selected for our 21 day cruise had an "! Error" message with "Sorry! There are no available time slots for this date" This can't be true for every single restaurant, every date and time. I guess I'll have to wait awhite more.

Are you currently Platinum or Elite level with Princess? If you are, then you should be able to book dining now and may want to call Princess. If you aren’t in one of these loyalty levels I believe you have to wait until you make final payment before you can book dining reservations. At least this is how it worked for our friends who were sailing with us who are first time Princess cruisers. I ended up booking the SD for the 4 of us since I’ve reached Elite level.

33 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Are you currently Platinum or Elite level with Princess? If you are, then you should be able to book dining now and may want to call Princess. If you aren’t in one of these loyalty levels I believe you have to wait until you make final payment before you can book dining reservations. At least this is how it worked for our friends who were sailing with us who are first time Princess cruisers. I ended up booking the SD for the 4 of us since I’ve reached Elite level.

We're Elite and booked in a suite.  I'll contact Princess.  Thank you!

4 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

We aren’t Platinum or Elite nor have we made final payment. We are booked in a suite in May 2025 and I have booked Crown Grill and Signature Dining Room. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, lennythenose said:

We aren’t Platinum or Elite nor have we made final payment. We are booked in a suite in May 2025 and I have booked Crown Grill and Signature Dining Room. 

Perhaps when you are in a suite you can book dining earlier than those not in suites. Our friends who couldn’t book early weren’t in a suite. 🤷‍♀️ 

57 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Perhaps when you are in a suite you can book dining earlier than those not in suites. Our friends who couldn’t book early weren’t in a suite. 🤷‍♀️ 

Maybe. This is my first cruise in a suite. I don’t remember that being listed as a perk but with so many changes to perks and dining both over the last few months anything is possible. Including me just not remembering. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lennythenose said:

We are just Ruby and have NOT made final payment.  Booked in a suite and able to book any specialty dining on the Sun for May 2025.

But strange that you can book Signature Dining, as my understanding is that no reservations are needed.  The system does not allow me to book Signature Dining.

7 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

We are just Ruby and have NOT made final payment.  Booked in a suite and able to book any specialty dining on the Sun for May 2025.

But strange that you can book Signature Dining, as my understanding is that no reservations are needed.  The system does not allow me to book Signature Dining.

I booked these days a very long time ago as soon as any dining opened up. I knew the Signature Dining didn’t require reservations but since I really hope for same time and table every night I thought it might be the best way to try to get that. Every time they upgrade the system I keep expecting those reservations to disappear and will be fine if they do. I’ll just speak to term once I’m onboard. 

On 8/19/2024 at 1:39 PM, ggprincess2004 said:

We booked a suite long ago for our winter 2025 cruise on the Sun. Take a look at your booking on princess.com and see what package they indicate you have. We booked without any package and were automatically upgraded to the Premier when they made all the changes, without any change in our cruise fare.. In reading what our Premier includes, in looks like the "old" Premier, which is defined by 2 specialty dining experiences per cruise. That was the only way I could tell we did not get bumped up to the newer version of Premier. They are making this tough to keep track of. 

You might want to check contact customerrelations@princesscruises.com

i received a lengthy reply from them over the upgrade to premier package when I did not purchase any package.

My Sanctuary deluxe balcony includes use of sanctuary and private restaurant- that is it.

it is a web error they were not aware of.  It did not show these packages in Princess computers, in my case.

They said sorry. You can buy on-board at $90 US pp/pd.

On 8/19/2024 at 12:50 PM, KLM3164 said:

Looking forward to reading your review as we will board on 11/2. We have a M2 cabin for the reserve dining. Our confirmation now indicates sanctuary benefits. When I go into our booking it says we have: 1. Exclusive access to the Sanctuary Club, 2. Your own private restaurant, 3. Exclusive access to the Suite Lounge. Also when I click on packages it says “You’ve purchased Princess Premier, great choice”. 

It will be interesting to see what we get when we get onboard. As long as we can dine in the reserve/signature dining area we will be happy as that’s what we originally booked and paid for. Anything else will just be icing on the cake!🎂 

See post #245 above. Response I got from customer relations.

Edited by dog

On 8/20/2024 at 10:09 AM, chamima said:

@KLM3164 - If you get a chance, once you're on your cruise, please come back on here and let us know what benefits you actually get.

No worries chamima.

No free premier package given. It is a web error.

On 8/22/2024 at 4:23 PM, FLAlaska said:

Same here. Says it on app and website . However it is not listed on the travel summary. I did call a couple of months ago to add premiere (before the new one announced) and was told I didn't need to, I already had it.  So, go figure.

See post #245 from reply I got from customer relations.  Web error. No free package for me.

2 hours ago, dog said:

See post #245 from reply I got from customer relations.  Web error. No free package for me.

I’d love to know if you are given the option to purchase either Plus or Premier when you get on the ship.

I’m going to be very unhappy if this glitch prevents us from purchasing a package on my phone and we have to go to guest services to resolve. I, like you, am currently blocked from purchasing a package pre-cruise because of this issue. I’m also slightly irritated that we weren’t able to purchase Premier before the price increase. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

I’d love to know if you are given the option to purchase either Plus or Premier when you get on the ship.

I’m going to be very unhappy if this glitch prevents us from purchasing a package on my phone and we have to go to guest services to resolve. I, like you, am currently blocked from purchasing a package pre-cruise because of this issue. I’m also slightly irritated that we weren’t able to purchase Premier before the price increase. 

The email said I should purchase a premier package when I board. They even priced it and converted it to Canadian $. 
However, chat offered to sell it to me yesterday because it did not show I had a package in Princess computers.

I don’t usually drink much, get 1/2 wifi, minibar so I’m not buying it. But yes, it was $80 a week ago.  I am still blocked from purchasing it.

I did not want to end up at GS with a lineup- with others irritated over this, so I am relieved this is over with.